Yaros

Staff member
I might be missing where its discussed however I have contacted Aftership about tracking Aliexpress standard deliveries and this was their response:

"However, AliExpress also uses its own delivery system which is AliExpress standard shipping which we do not support as of now."

I would value the solution also to how you show externally a tracking URL on the e commerce sales website, to a customer for tracking numbers when we obviously don`t want the customer to know that the delivery is from Aliexpress?
You can use Cainiao tracking system instead of Aftership - it is available in the plugin.

Andrew Edwards

Thank you Yaros.

What would you suggest for showing external ecommerce customers, in terms of a website URL, for allowing them to put their tracking numbers in to see the progress and not see the items were coming from Aliexpress / China?

Yaros

Staff member
If you select Cainiao tracking system your customers will get tracking notification on their emails with the link to Cainiao service.

Mar

Well I see a problem with showing Aliexpress at the bottom of the tracking URL when you are dropshipping and you don`t want the customers buying direct / seeing where the products are bought from.

https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=LL143169050CN&spm=a3708.7860688.0.d01

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E9ltgqVDSk4SV0RpHhTe9t27Kq4NGQG8/view?usp=sharing
I use 17Track and integrated in the site. You cannot avoid showing the origin of the package but at least there is no AliExpress link.

1563972575165.png

1563972916457.png

Andrew Edwards

Thanks Mar. Reading the forum its suggested that 17Track is not that reliable for Aliexpress standard shipping tracking.Is that your experience?

Mar

Thanks Mar. Reading the forum its suggested that 17Track is not that reliable for Aliexpress standard shipping tracking.Is that your experience?
I don't have a problem with 17Track. Also, I can always compare the information with other tracking sites if I am not satisfied. We are talking about tracking information only, not a company that ship the orders. And I tell you, I don't send tracking numbers in my email notifications. Not one of my buyers ask for it much less tracking with 17Track that is in front of them every time they visit the site.

Andrew Edwards

Dear 17TRACK user:

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Well received your information.
If that is the case, we are sorry that we do not have the function that you mentioned, as our tracking frame will show the carrier of the originating country as well as the destination country.

We are sorry for any trouble caused.

Thank you, 17TRACK.

Mar,Thanks for the feedback.

This is what 17Track sent me anyway when I asked could it show Aliexpress as the delivery company if we added the URL to the website, as we did not want the user to see Aliexpress. Maybe they misunderstood what I asked as you mention its not an issue.

Mar

Dear 17TRACK user:

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Well received your information.
If that is the case, we are sorry that we do not have the function that you mentioned, as our tracking frame will show the carrier of the originating country as well as the destination country.

We are sorry for any trouble caused.

Thank you, 17TRACK.

Mar,Thanks for the feedback.

This is what 17Track sent me anyway when I asked could it show Aliexpress as the delivery company if we added the URL to the website, as we did not want the user to see Aliexpress. Maybe they misunderstood what I asked as you mention its not an issue.
Surely, they misunderstood you. I have been using 17Track for a long time, I never saw a tracking information that mention AliExpress in the entries. Not only 17Track but all tracking sites I saw and I don't see a reason to include it.

1563977037594.png

Yaros

Staff member
17Track and Aftership do not support AliExpress Standard Shipping anymore. Actually they support it, but it does not work automatically as it was before. If a user clicks the tracking ID connected to the AliExpress Standard Shipping using 17 Track or Aftership services he will not be redirected to the tracking. He will be asked to select a courier service.