Wei Jian

I've just done a dropship demo on my site to check out the workflow with Alidropship Woo. The purchased item is one that uses Aliexpress Standard Shipping (with tracking number available). The item was shipped out today from a warehouse in China. But the problem is, it cannot be tracked by 17Track and Aftership. The Aliexpress seller recommended me to use global.cainiao.com to track the item and it was successfully tracked. May I know is this a common issue and how can we fix this if we want to be transparent and let our customers track their purchase all the way? Thank you.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I've just done a dropship demo on my site to check out the workflow with Alidropship Woo. The purchased item is one that uses Aliexpress Standard Shipping (with tracking number available). The item was shipped out today from a warehouse in China. But the problem is, it cannot be tracked by 17Track and Aftership. The Aliexpress seller recommended me to use global.cainiao.com to track the item and it was successfully tracked. May I know is this a common issue and how can we fix this if we want to be transparent and let our customers track their purchase all the way? Thank you.
This needs to be checked additionally, because maybe some tracking numbers couldn't be tracked with Cainiao tracking system. Anyway I will discuss with our developers the possibility to integrate this service.

Wei Jian

Hi Victoria! Yes I have also done some research with 17track. Apparently they are having problems with tracking goods within China (and it appears that Alixpress Standard Shipping is one of those that they are having problem with). Aliexpress recommended Cainiao to me and I could track it perfectly (but not sure how far can it track yet). 17track auto selects a freight carrier / courier service for us but we can change it to the correct courier service. Problem is, since our customers are not buying from Aliexpress, they will not know which courier service to change and all that they see is: Item Not Found. I guess it will alarmed them. Please discuss with Alidropship woo team and integrate a tracking service system for Aliexpress items (maybe can talk to Aliexpress developers as well). I hope this update can be implemented soon. So far, I have disabled the auto tracking notification email. Thanks.

Bill Beaver

I have similar problems but with ePacket shipping. This will not work with Aftership and the problem with Cainiao is that it stops tracking once the item enters the United States. The package never shows as delivered.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria! Yes I have also done some research with 17track. Apparently they are having problems with tracking goods within China (and it appears that Alixpress Standard Shipping is one of those that they are having problem with). Aliexpress recommended Cainiao to me and I could track it perfectly (but not sure how far can it track yet). 17track auto selects a freight carrier / courier service for us but we can change it to the correct courier service. Problem is, since our customers are not buying from Aliexpress, they will not know which courier service to change and all that they see is: Item Not Found. I guess it will alarmed them. Please discuss with Alidropship woo team and integrate a tracking service system for Aliexpress items (maybe can talk to Aliexpress developers as well). I hope this update can be implemented soon. So far, I have disabled the auto tracking notification email. Thanks.

You have 3 services available now with AliDropship Woo:

1. 17track
2. Cainiao
3. Aftership

Bill Beaver

Hello Victoria, I've taken this issue up with Aftership and discovered that the shipper is Yanwen Express. The problem I am experiencing is that Yanwen Express tracking seems to end at the point that the package reaches the destination country, in this case, the United States. Let me give is an example. My order with tracking number LP00088128066238, was shipped on November 20th, 2017. It arrived in the United States on 11/28/17 and the tracking ends there. The package was delivered to the buyer on 12/15/17 but when you look at the Yanwen tracking site it says the order is still in transit. When I enter this code in Aftership I get the same information. My business is dropshipping and I took a chance on the Alidropship program late last year in hopes of expanding my business and websites but my initial tests have kept me from moving forward because I don't feel comfortable with being able to provide true and timely information to my buyers. I've attempted to resolve through AliExpress and continue to be told to be patient, the package will get there. Please help. PS: screenshot attached of tracking page

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 2.03.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 2.03.02 PM.png
    91 KB · Views: 24

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello Victoria, I've taken this issue up with Aftership and discovered that the shipper is Yanwen Express. The problem I am experiencing is that Yanwen Express tracking seems to end at the point that the package reaches the destination country, in this case, the United States. Let me give is an example. My order with tracking number LP00088128066238, was shipped on November 20th, 2017. It arrived in the United States on 11/28/17 and the tracking ends there. The package was delivered to the buyer on 12/15/17 but when you look at the Yanwen tracking site it says the order is still in transit. When I enter this code in Aftership I get the same information. My business is dropshipping and I took a chance on the Alidropship program late last year in hopes of expanding my business and websites but my initial tests have kept me from moving forward because I don't feel comfortable with being able to provide true and timely information to my buyers. I've attempted to resolve through AliExpress and continue to be told to be patient, the package will get there. Please help. PS: screenshot attached of tracking page

Hello, you have not only Aftership in Tracking service , but 17track and Cainiao. You can use them for tracking as well.

Bill Beaver

Hi Victoria,
I have neither the time or the resources or desire to find such a source. That is a service touted by Alidropship to sell the plugin. It would be my hope that your company and developers would take on this task

Bill Beaver

Bill Beaver

Hello Yaros,

Everyone is saying that but it's not working. Here is a tracking number, LP00088128066238 , if you put it into the tracking link you gave me it says that the package is still in transit. The fact is that the package this tracking number refers to was delivered on 12/15/17.

If I'm missing something please tell me what it is but I'd appreciate not just hearing it will work unless someone actually enters the number and provides proof. I've included another screenshot also.

Thank you,
Bill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.36.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.36.01 PM.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 15

Yaros

Staff member
Yes, seems it tracks, but the quality of such tracking is a question... But here on Yanwen Express tracking system the picture is not better.1517247981537.png

Bill Beaver

So, to be clear, the solution is not a dependable solution that is trustworthy enough for a drop shipper to keep customers informed. Correct?

Yaros

Staff member
So, to be clear, the solution is not a dependable solution that is trustworthy enough for a drop shipper to keep customers informed. Correct?
yes correct, we will inform clients about Yanwen Express service issues next time.

mduncanvm

Can you add global.cainiao.com for tracking shipments with aliwoo as an option? it seems that the built in 17 track isnt reliable. global.cainiao.com is apparently what aliexpress uses.

Yes, seems it tracks, but the quality of such tracking is a question... But here on Yanwen Express tracking system the picture is not better.View attachment 2660

Andrew Edwards

I might be missing where its discussed however I have contacted Aftership about tracking Aliexpress standard deliveries and this was their response:

"However, AliExpress also uses its own delivery system which is AliExpress standard shipping which we do not support as of now."

I would value the solution also to how you show externally a tracking URL on the e commerce sales website, to a customer for tracking numbers when we obviously don`t want the customer to know that the delivery is from Aliexpress?