Why did Stripe close the integration with our WooCommerce store, and what payment alternatives are there?

Morgan

Hi. My team and I have been working to create a website for drop-shipping the previous weeks. Everything was coming along nicely, with Stripe set up and test payments successfully made. When out of the blue, I receive an alarming message from Stripe informing us that our website is considered too much "risk" to work with, and thusly will be disconnected soon (in a few days).

They provided a window of four days to contact them back with any queries or to make an appeal. I sent them a response inquiring the reason that we are to be considered too high risk (as they didn't state why), in the meantime we made some changes to the website under the presumption those were critical elements for a Stripe approval. We created several social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and linked them on our website, in the hope they would legitimatize our business in the eyes of Stripe. We contacted our main supplier of the products we sell (hair restoring products from AliExpress) to ask for an official agreement to be in a partnership together, to also send this to Stripe to legitimize what we do.

Stripe was very polite when they responded, but failed to mention the reason why we are to be considered too risky, and informed us no changes will be made to their decision. Our Stripe integration will soon be terminated.

My question is - why is it do you suspect Stripe considered our business too high risk?
And can you suggest another payment system in a similar vein as Stripe that can have integration to WooCommerce?

Starfish1

Had same issue with Stripe and switched to Paylike which I been using for almost 2 years now with no issues.

merten

Stripe is a pain in the ass and actually they support online fraud basically. 99% losing on disputes no matter how much evidence you upload.

Direct Webstore

My question is - why is it do you suspect Stripe considered our business too high risk?

That's impossible to answer with out any facts, such as ...

- Your country
- Your niche
-The products

Provide that info and maybe someone here could attempt to answer that question.

And can you suggest another payment system in a similar vein as Stripe that can have integration to WooCommerce?

https://help.alidropship.com/payment-gateways/available-payment-gateways

https://www.google.com/search?q=stripe+alternatives+for+woocommerce&gs_ivs=1#tts=0

:)

Morgan

Had same issue with Stripe and switched to Paylike which I been using for almost 2 years now with no issues.
We gathered the proofs needed and registered with Paylike the other day under "Individual", as we do not have a business license. It is stated on the website that filing as an Individual is acceptable if you provide a social security number. I waited over the weekend for a response, this morning we got one. They basically asked to fill out the form again but under COMPANY, not INDIVIDUAL. I don't know what to make of this. Do you have any ideas on how to overcome this problem?

Direct Webstore

They basically asked to fill out the form again but under COMPANY, not INDIVIDUAL. I don't know what to make of this.
Are you sure you did not put anything in the application that may have indicated that you may be a company? Like a website name? Because this conflicts with the very clear info on their site.

Do you have any ideas on how to overcome this problem?
Did you contact them again after that email insisting you were not a company? If not ... do so. You may be able to apply again.

Are you living in one of the supported countries listed here? ... https://paylike.io/account/countries

If all that fails ... move onto the next gateway on the list and try again.

I use Stripe and as far as I can see the requirements for Paylike are MORE than Stripe's. If I was you, I would stop taking people's recommendations here and start doing my own research and try applying methodically, one by one all the possibilities that I found via this search...

https://www.google.com/search?q=stripe+alternatives+for+woocommerce&gs_ivs=1#tts=0

Many people just "recommend" the service they are using without any consideration for another person's situation, country etc.