products going into draft when in stock

Craig Sutcliffe

Hi Peeps
I manually update my product list daily, out of the 230+ products i have on my site, 50+ are in draft after "no longer available" i have realised today that after updating my list, many products in draft are actually in stock on aliexpress, here is one example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889326393.html plenty in stock, all variations etc.
in the past i have noticed items being re-published on my site after returning in stock on aliexpress automatically when updating, but like i say, many of the products in draft are actually in stock on aliexpress, so something isnt right here, any advise would be appreciated.
I dont have the time to go through each item in draft, check there in stock and re-publish manually especially since i plan to add allot more products to my store and the plugin is meant to do this for us.
Thanks in advance

Yaros

Staff member
Hi Peeps
I manually update my product list daily, out of the 230+ products i have on my site, 50+ are in draft after "no longer available" i have realised today that after updating my list, many products in draft are actually in stock on aliexpress, here is one example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889326393.html plenty in stock, all variations etc.
in the past i have noticed items being re-published on my site after returning in stock on aliexpress automatically when updating, but like i say, many of the products in draft are actually in stock on aliexpress, so something isnt right here, any advise would be appreciated.
I dont have the time to go through each item in draft, check there in stock and re-publish manually especially since i plan to add allot more products to my store and the plugin is meant to do this for us.
Thanks in advance
Hi, please send me your wp-admin access and some links to such items, I will check.

Mar

Hi Peeps
Thanks in advance
I have this issue, reported to the support team a number of times but not resolved until now. There was a time when more than 200 hundred products out of more than 500 in draft folder were actually available in AliExpress. The 200 products would take me maybe a month to edit and publish, it is a lot of pain. The last response of support is because the site has many products, now here you are with only 230. Clearly there is a problem with the update system.

Mar

As a follow-up to this issue, there were 424 products in the draft folder. Again, since I cannot check all of them one by one if they really are not available in AliExpress, I published them all in Bulk Action with Autoupdate active. Now two days after there are 188 products in the draft folder, meaning 236 products were moved to the draft folder even if they are available in AliExpress. Again. this is a serious issue reported many times.

Craig Sutcliffe

As a follow-up to this issue, there were 424 products in the draft folder. Again, since I cannot check all of them one by one if they really are not available in AliExpress, I published them all in Bulk Action with Autoupdate active. Now two days after there are 188 products in the draft folder, meaning 236 products were moved to the draft folder even if they are available in AliExpress. Again. this is a serious issue reported many times.
Hopefully the team are working on this and there will be a fix in a future update.

Mar

Hopefully the team are working on this and there will be a fix in a future update.
I doubt if the support team is working on the issue. Actually, I have sent your first post to the support team who have responded to my report. This is to contradict the desperate reasoning that blame the site because it has many products and to make him understand that the issue is not unique to my site, it is not even unique to woocommerce sites as he also stated. It was several days earlier, there is no response until now.

fahadraza

Exact same problem. This is a big issue, whole point of running the business efficient ruins. More than that we are not able to show customers the correct information and hence lose sales. @Yaros please resolve it at your earliest

Mar

Today I have re-published at least ten products in the draft folder, actually available in AliExpress. Everyday it is like this. Nobody know how much more in the 456 products in the draft folder now. I cannot check all of them one by one.

Not sure if this is related.
We also have "Send to Draft/Restore" enabled for when "a product disappears from AliExpress or is out of stock". Strange thing is nothing ever goes to draft - there must be some items or variations that are no longer available on AliE at some point in time.

That said, we did a Category auto-update and all items in that category were updated on price or stock or both with no item 'out of stock'. But when we looked at the product list of that category in admin, 2 items were 'out of stock'. On the live product pages, they were also labelled 'out of stock' - this is contrary to the 'auto-update' result and the same items are still available on AliE!

Auto-update result:
AliWoo_ProductUPDATE01.png

Product as listed in admin:
AliWoo_ProductLIST01.png

Product page on live site:
AliWoo_ProductUPDATED01_Page.png

We resolved this by clicking on 'Reset Product' in the Supplier tab of the Product's Edit page. After reset, the product was shown as available again both in the Product List (admin) and on the live site.

Question is how did this happen?

1. For some reason the product's status was stealthily changed to 'out of stock' when it was not (we had not updated it since import and in stock) - there's no background updating that we know of - we did not enable the 'Activate auto update' function.
2. When we noticed it was labelled 'Out of Stock', we did a manual Category update for that products' category - result is as shown for that product and matches AliE's status BUT
3. It did not change/update the product's status (stock) at all - the product was still listed as 'Out of Stock'. Only a manual 'Reset Product' restored the correct information.

Good thing there was a cure but imagine having to go through 1000+ products now and then to see if any are listed wrongly as 'Out of Stock' when they are actually still available on AliE and then having to do a 'Reset Product' for each one. Must be a glitch somewhere - maybe look into this in the next update if possible.

Mar

Not sure if this is related.
We also have "Send to Draft/Restore" enabled for when "a product disappears from AliExpress or is out of stock". Strange thing is nothing ever goes to draft - there must be some items or variations that are no longer available on AliE at some point in time.

That said, we did a Category auto-update and all items in that category were updated on price or stock or both with no item 'out of stock'. But when we looked at the product list of that category in admin, 2 items were 'out of stock'. On the live product pages, they were also labelled 'out of stock' - this is contrary to the 'auto-update' result and the same items are still available on AliE!

Auto-update result:
View attachment 10130

Product as listed in admin:
View attachment 10131

Product page on live site:
View attachment 10132

We resolved this by clicking on 'Reset Product' in the Supplier tab of the Product's Edit page. After reset, the product was shown as available again both in the Product List (admin) and on the live site.

Question is how did this happen?

1. For some reason the product's status was stealthily changed to 'out of stock' when it was not (we had not updated it since import and in stock) - there's no background updating that we know of - we did not enable the 'Activate auto update' function.
2. When we noticed it was labelled 'Out of Stock', we did a manual Category update for that products' category - result is as shown for that product and matches AliE's status BUT
3. It did not change/update the product's status (stock) at all - the product was still listed as 'Out of Stock'. Only a manual 'Reset Product' restored the correct information.

Good thing there was a cure but imagine having to go through 1000+ products now and then to see if any are listed wrongly as 'Out of Stock' when they are actually still available on AliE and then having to do a 'Reset Product' for each one. Must be a glitch somewhere - maybe look into this in the next update if possible.
The issue is about product update and it is related. I have come across many cases like this. When it is marked out of stock, yes you click Reset Product in Supplier tab and price and stock is restored. When products are moved to Draft folder and are actually available in AliExpress, you just simply publish the products again. The problem here is as you mentioned having to go through 1000+ products. You cannot check all of them everyday. This is a long running issue that is not resolved until now.

Yaros

Staff member
The issue is about product update and it is related. I have come across many cases like this. When it is marked out of stock, yes you click Reset Product in Supplier tab and price and stock is restored. When products are moved to Draft folder and are actually available in AliExpress, you just simply publish the products again. The problem here is as you mentioned having to go through 1000+ products. You cannot check all of them everyday. This is a long running issue that is not resolved until now.
On Monday we will release an update. There will be an additional data on your product list where you can see what happened with a product (so called trouble-list). There will be following status info:
- No longer availble
- Stock is zero
- Variations changed
- Attributes changed.

It will help to go through all the list of products quickly and take necessary measures immediately - remove/reset/change products.

denicocc

Is this problem fixed yet? I'm still having the same issue. Products available on AE but my product list are sent to draft. When set it to published and update the product again, the plugin set it back to draft again.

Yaros

Staff member
Is this problem fixed yet? I'm still having the same issue. Products available on AE but my product list are sent to draft. When set it to published and update the product again, the plugin set it back to draft again.
The plugin sends these items to Draft because these products changed their variations or attributes. You need to fix them first and then publish again. By fixing I mean entering product options->supplier and clicking RESET.

denicocc

The plugin sends these items to Draft because these products changed their variations or attributes. You need to fix them first and then publish again. By fixing I mean entering product options->supplier and clicking RESET.
thanks I'll try

denicocc

It's working but sadly I have to do this manually one by one for hundreds of draft :oops::confused:
Thanks again