AliDropship Woo Product Video

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina .

In aliexpress the video in the gallery have the same dimension like the rest of the images (Is display the rest of the space which in not in the video with a black background, this way is for feeling the place a keep everything in place like this)

When I import the product and the video in my site (on mobile view) ,the video doesn't have the dimensions like the rest of gallery.
But is working with the same way in desktop like in aliexpress (feeling the rest space with black background).

How can i have the same result on mobile with this plugin?
Hello,

Could you please send me a link to the product to illustrate your question?
This is how rectangular videos look like (black background is added to preserve dimensions)

Nordic-Ceramic-Flower-Vase-–-DaVinci-2-0-theme-for-AliDropship-Woo.png

Mar

We'll publish the add-on in the Add-ons section once we're absolutely sure there're no bugs. At the moment, it's still being tested. We'll roll out the new version of the add-on later today.
'Later today' was last July 20, the date of the post. Today is Aug. 24, so this post was more than a month ago. I checked the Add ons section, I don't know if I missed it but I don't see even a shadow of the add-on. @Ekaterina Sayapina,, please clarify, don't allow your credibility to be in question.

chris37

'Later today' was last July 20, the date of the post. Today is Aug. 24, so this post was more than a month ago. I checked the Add ons section, I don't know if I missed it but I don't see even a shadow of the add-otaern. @Ekaterina Sayapina,, please clarify, don't allow your credibility to be in question.

Mar the add on is on recommendations plugin in the alidropship themes.
For this reason you don't see it..

But If I remember Ekaterina is have upload this plugin somewhere in this forum.

chris37

Hello,

Could you please send me a link to the product to illustrate your question?
This is how rectangular videos look like (black background is added to preserve dimensions)

View attachment 12651

Also in your demo site have proplem on mobile with dimensions. See photo below please.
Same like my link I sent in private message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-141951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-141951_Chrome.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 13

Mar

Mar the add on is on recommendations plugin in the alidropship themes.
For this reason you don't see it.
It is very clear that she said 'Videos do work with the recommended themes like Flatsome'
But If I remember Ekaterina is have upload this plugin somewhere in this forum.
Yes I saw the add-on in this thread, but that was before she said 'We'll roll out the new version of the add-on later today' Using common sense, that would mean there is another version and that statement was dated July 20. I am not surprised, it is just another wonder of some members of this support team.

chris37

It is very clear that she said 'Videos do work with the recommended themes like Flatsome'

Yes I saw the add-on in this thread, but that was before she said 'We'll roll out the new version of the add-on later today' Using common sense, that would mean there is another version and that statement was dated July 20. I am not surprised, it is just another wonder of some members of this support team.

:) I just wish they fix the issue i found on mobile or for me the video gallery is not gonna be an option :)

chris37

Hope so. But if you review my posts in this thread, it suggest the support team is like a joke and they continue to be a joke until now.

I review it mar,but I chose to believe they have a lot in then heads and they need little more time to fix the issue we face. :)

Last edited:

Mar

I review it mar,but I chose to believe they have a lot in then heads and the need little more time to fix the issue a proplem we face. :)
Spending a few seconds responding to questions would not take them away from what they have in their heads, they are just irresponsible.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I apologize for the delayed reply.
The latest version of the add-on was released on the 25th of August. There should have been an update notification in your WP admin area. Please make sure you have the latest version of the add-on (0.2).
@Chrisschris37 The demo product page looks just fine on my smartphone. It seems like the page isn't full loaded on your screenshot that's why the video looks distorted.
I agree with you that gallery should keep the format square on mobile for all its items. We'll tweak the way videos looks like in the DaVinci theme.
@Mar Could you please let me know if there's anything you keep struggling with when using the video add-on?

Attachments

• woo davinci video mobile.jpg
    woo davinci video mobile.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7

chris37

I apologize for the delayed reply.
The latest version of the add-on was released on the 25th of August. There should have been an update notification in your WP admin area. Please make sure you have the latest version of the add-on (0.2).
@Chrisschris37 The demo product page looks just fine on my smartphone. It seems like the page isn't full loaded on your screenshot that's why the video looks distorted.
I agree with you that gallery should keep the format square on mobile for all its items. We'll tweak the way videos looks like in the DaVinci theme.
@Mar Could you please let me know if there's anything you keep struggling with when using the video add-on?

@Ekaterina Sayapina I think this plugin is really give to you and your team proplems.

Is really nothing has fix..
When you change from image to the video is have this white space below the video now... the true is really is nothing you can do to fix this because you take the video from someone else and you don't create it by your self for you fix the desire dimensions.

Please I don't really believe you like it how is look like when you slide from image to video here: https://woo-newdavinci.alidropship.com/product/nordic-ceramic-flower-vase/

Don't get me wrong is one step better to how was before (When you slide to video also the title when above to reach the video. Now the the title stay in the same position)

How I say the think is easy and maybe you and your team you can not do it.
If the video and the image on the gallery don't have the same dimension and behavor when you slide to each other, for the customer have one pleasure online experience then this plugin is useless.

Please if this issue doesn't fix in the next days Better you dont use it anymore how i will do and me now.

Thank in advance and I wish my issue to be fix... because now I will have to go to all my products for delete the video.( or i just delete the plugin :) )

Last edited:

Mar

This is the thing I was trying to know, but you choose to ignore. I have many bad comments and questions about this add-on in this thread, also you ignored. If the new version did not happen on that day you said will be rolled out, a short response would make a difference and would settle the confusion. I am very very upset with this kind of behavior. I am not forcing you, there are many reasons why what have been said did not happen, but ignoring questions is another thing and not acceptable.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

This is the thing I was trying to know, but you choose to ignore. I have many bad comments and questions about this add-on in this thread, also you ignored. If the new version did not happen on that day you said will be rolled out, a short response would make a difference and would settle the confusion. I am very very upset with this kind of behavior. I am not forcing you, there are many reasons why what have been said did not happen, but ignoring questions is another thing and not acceptable.
Mar, thanks for your feedback. I will take it into consideration.
I'd be grateful to you if you could let me know if there are any issues with the video add-on you keep dealing with. Your input would help us improve the add-on.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Please I don't really believe you like it how is look like when you slide from image to video here: https://woo-newdavinci.alidropship.com/product/nordic-ceramic-flower-vase/
I took this screenshot on an iPhone. The video looks fine on an Android, too. Please give it another shot.
When you change from image to the video is have this white space below the video now... the true is really is nothing you can do to fix this because you take the video from someone else and you don't create it by your self for you fix the desire dimensions.
We'll keep the video element square so that it has the same dimensions as images do. Thanks you for bringing this to our attention.
I'll let you know once an update is available.

Mar

Now I notise it in my case the video is not fix at all
The add-on is working fine at my end. I tested it in a product that was previously imported, the video display well, and very well in mobile. I think it depend on the theme. If you want to test it in a product with video imported before the add-on, just edit the product and 'Reset' in Suppliers tab. The video will be added in one of the gallery images.

farhad7970

Ali plugin is one of the buggiest plugins I have ever bought/used, a while ago, I had some serious issues with importing the products that had videos. although the support team didn't answer my emails. a little after this plugin ( woo product ) came out. i could still add products and their videos ( with double efforts ) BUT about 10 days ago Ti started importing only products that had VIDEOS, and my god. NONE OF THE VIDEOS were imported . . . somehow I just give up on this plugin and try to migrate to Shopify which obviously costs more but as far as I know, doesn't make you regret what you bought. the user experience that I got from this so-called plugin and the support was and is horrible. when you make software you better be sure you have a good coder team but in this case, we can say that this wasn't happen