WARNING Yandex Metrica Pixel On Every Michelangelo and Rembrandt Theme [SOLVED]

omktg

Hello Guys...
@Ekaterina Sayapina @Victoria Kudryashova @Yaros @Elena

One of my Dropshipping sites is using the AliDropship main plugin [Bought 2 Licenses to test the main and woo version of the plugin].
While testing and configuring it for performance [CDN/SSL/DNS/CACHE/ETC]... I found that the theme i am currently using [Michelangelo] has a Yandex.Metrica pixel installed.

What is this?

Well according to Yandex [https://yandex.com/support/metrica/index.html]:
"Yandex.Metrica is a web analytics tool that helps you get visual reports and video recordings of user activity, track traffic sources, and evaluate the performance of online and offline advertising."

So it is similar to the Facebook pixel BUT in this case, all my TRAFFIC/BROWSERINFO/VISITORS/ETC metrics and data and sent to the owner of that Yandex account [NOT ME NOR YOU GUYS]

So someone is using this as an illegal spying tool for every site that uses the Michelangelo or Rembrandt Theme.

Who owns that Yandex Account pixel?

I dont know.
But it has to be deleted ASAP from every single AliDropship Theme.

Where is the proof?

Here you are guys [4 examples... I tested more including my site and other AliDropship sites scraped with Scrapebox]:

http://michelangelo.alidropship.com [The demo site]
yandex-metrica-01.png

Here you can see that the pixel sends everything, even the PAGE URL/BROWSER INFO/DATE/ETC like any other tracking pixel.
yandex-metrica-02.png

http://rembrandt.alidropship.com [The demo site]
yandex-metrica-03.png
Here you can see that the pixel sends everything, even the PAGE URL/BROWSER INFO/DATE/ETC like any other tracking pixel.
yandex-metrica-04.png

https://nailsstuff.com [One of the featured sites on AliDropship.com]
yandex-metrica-05.png
yandex-metrica-06.png

http://www.coolgiftery.com [Tested this site because it was published here on the forum]
yandex-metrica-07.png
yandex-metrica-08.png

So this is a real issue, and it has to be solved as soon as possible.

Some of you may ask, why is this so important?

Well, with the information that pixel is sending to the account owner, anyone can create a similar store, create an audience based on your data, and get you out of the business in no time with little effort. Its like giving all your data to your competition every single minute.

How can you see if something is not right in your site? well just use chrome and inspect your site: Right click on you site/Inspect element,/Go to the resources tab [ if you see anything there that you are not using then it must not be there]/Then go to the Network tab/Reload your page/Wait for about 15 to 30 second for it to load completely/And look at the end of the list for watch.js and hover over that url to reveal the complete address https://mc.yandex.ru/watch/26812653?***

I also found that someone ask a question about this last year.. maybe it was because of the same issue, maybe not:
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/yandex-metrica.1791/

Yaros

Staff member
This kind of metrics is added because of using this share functionality that we take from Yandex services:

llFHGLY.png

Actually, it does not cause any issues, but I must agree with you, that it would be better to avoid it. That can affect loading speed, since this module has 31KB. I think we will create own js code for it to remove these metrics.

omktg

Hi @Yaros

Unfortunately that module wasn’t running in any of the pages I tested. I also checked the pages code, and couldn’t found the source. But found some image codes/pixel that could be doing it... like in the old days of cookie stuffing sites.

And this is only for the Rembrandt and Michelangelo themes, I couldn’t find that pixel on Davinci.

So it must go ASAP.
Doesn’t help or make much sense that a sharing module is sending user statistics, traffics, etc to somewhere else without the site owners permission.

Last edited:

omktg

I recently came across to a similar case from the tan brothers...
They make more than 2 million dollars a month dropshipping with Shopify, but in the last AWA, they told that they where using almost no apps on their Shopify stores, because they discover that a popular timer app on Shopify was pixeling their stores with a Facebook pixel.

That is terrible...

So from that day, they teached their staff to look every day if there are any other pixels on their sites, and track those issues down, with the FB pixel helper, etc... and also now they only use their own apps on Shopify.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
And it is interesting to note that, when we integrated this module, no metrics were collected, and later they started doing that. That's tricky.

omktg

So there you have it @Yaros we have to delete that pixel now. It is easy to look for unwanted connections using Chrome or Firefox, you just need certain skills, ive been doing this kind of stuff since I started on permformance marketing like 7 years ago or more.... ripping landers, tweaking, running BH, etc

I also just read a thread here on the forum, from guys that noticed more than one Facebook pixel on their sites:
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/issue-with-pixel.4076/

That is terrible, because Facebook does not add an additional pixel, it just never happens. So someone must be doing it. And it’s important to fix all this ASAP.

But I must also say, that in that particular thread I paste, the user involved, finally solved the double Facebook pixel issue, maybe it was because he added it 2 times or something...

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
If you know how to avoid second FB pixel, you can share, I have no idea. On my stores, I do not see it.

omktg

Well in some cases it could be because the site user/owner added their pixel in the theme code, and a different one in the plugin, or even the same one. But we have to check each site to know what happened. They could also have a cache plugin that is serving a cached version of the code, etc.

It’s better to teach this users to just use the alidropship plugin option. Because looks that not many people know how to work with it. And to segment their audiences if they need specific segments, they can create custom conversions based on urls, and that’s all they need to run specific campaigns on general stores... and with that conversions they can create audiences, LaL, etc etc

For me, I don’t have that issue with the FB pixel, I’m always checking my pixels to see if they work correctly. But if I find something suspicious I will let you know.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
Well in some cases it could be because the site user/owner added their pixel in the theme code, and a different one in the plugin, or even the same one. But we have to check each site to know what happened. They could also have a cache plugin that is serving a cached version of the code, etc.

It’s better to teach this users to just use the alidropship plugin option. Because looks that not many people know how to work with it. And to segment their audiences if they need specific segments, they can create custom conversions based on urls, and that’s all they need to run specific campaigns on general stores... and with that conversions they can create audiences, LaL, etc etc

For me, I don’t have that issue with the FB pixel, I’m always checking my pixels to see if they work correctly. But if I find something suspicious I will let you know.

We always teach people how to use our plugin and have special article about how to use FB pixel: https://alidropship.com/codex/10-set-facebook-pixel-id/ And it is stated that you don't need to add any additional codes.

Last edited:

omktg

Yes, I know @Yaros you have all documented.
I have some experience running offers on pops, fb, and search mostly cpa, lead gen, and sweeps, but I’m new to dropshipping, and I choose your plugin because I did some research and decided that what you offer was better. It is well documented, you have an excellent team, and content writers... like Olga, plus I can optimize it based on my knowledge for speed, performance, and profit.

So you are right, you have all the guides for every step of the plugins configuration, it just looks that not everyone read the guides...

I was thinking of this when I signed up to your affiliate program... the angle to make it easier for users to start... I then paused the brainstorming because you are using ur own platform, and I couldn’t add a post back there, or use my tracker properly... I contacted support but they told me they where going to move the program to an affiliate network in the future...

You can try A4D, they run all WH.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
I have checked one site with 2 FB pixels, but there were no any additional codes installed. I guess the problem is caused by the fact that a user creates pixel both in FB Ads manager and FB business account, but it is needed to create it only once in FB Ads manager OR FB business account.

omktg

I have checked one site with 2 FB pixels, but there were no any additional codes installed. I guess the problem is caused by the fact that a user creates pixel both in FB Ads manager and FB business account, but it is needed to create it only once in FB Ads manager OR FB business account.

That is correct, each site must only have one pixel, and they should only use one add account per site when using the business manager. As you know, FB always gives you 2 ad accounts at the start, but once you scale it up with different fan pages and sites, you can contact support and they will upgrade you to 1 or 2k accounts.

So as you said, that could be the problem, but we will have to check each site to see that... and that is too much work...

kevgl

Thanks so much for your valuable insights. This has been running in my head for a long time now.. I just checked it and i do have it on the DaVinci theme store aswell. I am also having the empty Pixel. Time for a little research..

Attachments

• metrika.PNG
    metrika.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 34
  • empty pixel.PNG
    empty pixel.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 33
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Thanks so much for your valuable insights. This has been running in my head for a long time now.. I just checked it and i do have it on the DaVinci theme store aswell. I am also having the empty Pixel. Time for a little research..
I would appreciate if you can send me your WP access details, I'll check the FB pixel issue.

Bunny

Hi,

@Yaros

This issue should be fixed immediately its a violation of users privacy. As with metrica.yandex all site details, stats, vistior IP addresses, Visitors video recording must be getting captured. And we dont know how the code is integrated into each site.

Yaros

Staff member
Hi,

@Yaros

This issue should be fixed immediately its a violation of users privacy. As with metrica.yandex all site details, stats, vistior IP addresses, Visitors video recording must be getting captured. And we dont know how the code is integrated into each site.
The code is integrated through social media buttons. We will change them to Google code, so everything will be captured by Google instead of Yandex.

Yes, I know @Yaros you have all documented.
I have some experience running offers on pops, fb, and search mostly cpa, lead gen, and sweeps, but I’m new to dropshipping, and I choose your plugin because I did some research and decided that what you offer was better. It is well documented, you have an excellent team, and content writers... like Olga, plus I can optimize it based on my knowledge for speed, performance, and profit.

So you are right, you have all the guides for every step of the plugins configuration, it just looks that not everyone read the guides...

I was thinking of this when I signed up to your affiliate program... the angle to make it easier for users to start... I then paused the brainstorming because you are using ur own platform, and I couldn’t add a post back there, or use my tracker properly... I contacted support but they told me they where going to move the program to an affiliate network in the future...

You can try A4D, they run all WH.

Video would really be better than a faq codex. Many are visual learners and it would cut down on support issues immensely.