WARNING Yandex Metrica Pixel On Every Michelangelo and Rembrandt Theme [SOLVED]

justicel

So hang on. This plugin was put in there deliberately? I can smell something fishy going on here. So all analytics pixeled in by these themes are captured somewhere to benefit someone? I can code so I will go through things to check. but man - this is a big breach of privacy. No need to beat around the bush - just take it all off.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

So hang on. This plugin was put in there deliberately? I can smell something fishy going on here. So all analytics pixeled in by these themes are captured somewhere to benefit someone? I can code so I will go through things to check. but man - this is a big breach of privacy. No need to beat around the bush - just take it all off.
We have integrated Yandex sharing option long before it started collecting these metrics. The issue will be resolved shortly. Thank you for understanding.

ZAPPY

... We will change them to Google code, so everything will be captured by Google instead of Yandex.
Timeframe for completion?

Have I missed the purpose of the capturing by Google instead of Yandex?

Why isnt there private capture for theme users? I agree that my permission should be sought!!!!!

Yaros

Staff member
Timeframe for completion?

Have I missed the purpose of the capturing by Google instead of Yandex?

Why isnt there private capture for theme users? I agree that my permission should be sought!!!!!
We will make changes this month. These share buttons are the ready solution, no point to reinvent the wheel.

ZAPPY

Yaros said:
We will make changes this month.

Nudge, Nudge: Only 8 days left in Feb ;)

Will look out for the announcement as no choice except to keep using the Michelangelo theme until update.

kpatel

I am just setting up store using michelangelo theme and would like to know if issue has been fixed and I need to update the theme or not?

Yaros

Staff member
I am just setting up store using michelangelo theme and would like to know if issue has been fixed and I need to update the theme or not?
You can continue building your site using the theme, it will not give you any problems. Once we change yandex to google you will just update the theme.

dewangj

Is their a way to delete those scripts, @omktg have you deleted from your store. Can you help community to delete it manually without theme update?

Thanks