Bamise

Hi everyone,
I have been attending the ESA and yesterday night also ESX webinar by Morrison, and believe this guys are actually making thongs money everyday with the method of "Get Product name for FREE!, just pay for shipping fees" and i personally have a friend that is a member of ESA, mehn! they makes money very fast with this method i shared now.

Now i'm concern for about drop-shippers someone like me, thats im new here, How we can optimize our own Alidropship Store to bring more sales for us ?

drshkng

"Free + Shipping" can give you a reasonable start. Just make sure that you buy your product at a very low price, you add your shipping cost (probably more than the price of the product) then add the cost of advertisement - and still be able to sell it at an attractive price. A lot of people will put your product in the cart - but only a small fraction will actually buy it because they consider the shipping cost too high. I don't do this anymore.

lefthook030

"Free + Shipping" can give you a reasonable start. Just make sure that you buy your product at a very low price, you add your shipping cost (probably more than the price of the product) then add the cost of advertisement - and still be able to sell it at an attractive price. A lot of people will put your product in the cart - but only a small fraction will actually buy it because they consider the shipping cost too high. I don't do this anymore.
ok...whats a good strategy to aquire a new customer in your business?

drshkng

Sorry, but your question is too broad. A good general approach is to provide value for free at the beginning. You gain their trust - then they'd buy from you. This is true for services/products.

basslion

Having Free product only pay for shipping attracts only the weak minded individuals. Having a high price for a product shows quality where as a low price shows value but also can be misconstrued as being lesser quality . Either way you will attract a certain audience. Which audience do you want to attract? I find its all about concentrating on driving traffic to your site through content. Its free yet time consuming and then secondary you can pay for advertising. Build your site over time, enjoy building your content and dont worry about the quick money.

Arnaldo

Morrisson... the guy that explains to us that he only makes money by doing general stores only and does FB ads without any keywords lol

These methods worked in 2015/2016, when you sell to weak western people shitty gadgets...

Nowadays you have to be far more creative. Brand your store. Provide awesome customer service. Do viral ads.

I attend his webinar, I personally found it was full of shit. Just another wealthy shopify affiliate.

Arnaldo

Just ad value and an irresistible offer to a targeted very specific customers need. Solve problem.

Cheap price doesn't mean more sales. You won't compete with Wish, MiniInTheBox or Shein.

I have been a sale for 10 years in B to C and B 2 B fields and I can assure you cheapest price doesn't add more sales.

Jess

I'll see if i can find it but there was a survey done last year where 87% of regular online customers thought that the Free and pay shipping sites were scams and low quality.
Personally i always felt the same, anytime i see that i move on within a second. I despise it actually.

Arnaldo

That's why I don't believe in proportional price markup formulas.

Price in the west has always been about perceived value, hence why a jewel cost usually x10 the initial price - perceive value.

I had many friends who bought cheap stuff with free + shipping on Wish and some of them never received their products lol

I told them, "what are you going, then?" "Nothing, it was so cheap lol" So we're not that different from them.

Free + Shipping is great on single product landing page to grab facebook and email like @kingpin described very well in his posts.

But on a day to day store-wide basis, that's not the best option IMHO.

luxatrel

Having Free product only pay for shipping attracts only the weak minded individuals. Having a high price for a product shows quality where as a low price shows value but also can be misconstrued as being lesser quality . Either way you will attract a certain audience. Which audience do you want to attract? I find its all about concentrating on driving traffic to your site through content. Its free yet time consuming and then secondary you can pay for advertising. Build your site over time, enjoy building your content and dont worry about the quick money.
This makes a lot of sense

yellowlawn

It's called Tripwiring. You essentially offer free products plus fixed price shipping. But it's also advisable that you have additional upsell products to entice them to buy more, if done properly. I had a Shopify store for over a year and had several 'Free' products listed on there, on my homepage. Guess how many people got the Tripwire products - 0

People prefer value to free or lowest price products. Free or lowest price often comes with a catch. You get what you pay for, even if it's free.