jfksf

I know about https://stripe.com/docs/multiple-accounts .

Unfortunately, my 1st stripe account was closed! But i created a new one with a new website. Also i have tasted the 2nd one, is working properly.

But now my confusion is -(without telling stripe team) :

1.Can we use the same stripe keys for our both websites?
2. Is there any chance to catch it by stripe team (without any customer's dispute)?
3. And in future, will stripe team take any harmful step for me and my business?

Do anyone have here who fell this kind of situation in the past / know about it properly? Please help me to sort out this condition. Thanks in advance.

N.B: Now and the previous - stripe business details are same but used another persons ID details and IP addresses.

absimp

Why would you want to use the same keys for multiple websites?

I have one stripe account with several sub accounts; one for each website business but all under the same legal entity.

jfksf

Because the 1st stripe with 1st website was closed. Should i create the sub account with same domain (which domain closed by them)?

Direct Webstore

Why would you want to use the same keys for multiple websites?
Simplicity. That's what most people I know with multiple sites do. I do as well. The same goes for the Paypal keys and/or the Paypal email.

I have one stripe account with several sub accounts
More complicated than necessary. But if that's the way you want it ... no worries. :)

Meanwhile, back to the question .... ;)

Can We Use The Same Stripe Keys For Our Multiple Websites?

Yes

absimp

Not really. That payments were done by me. And why i complain myself?

Did you refund the payments to yourself? If that's not the case, then maybe there is something on your site that they did not like. Do you have terms and conditions in place? Are you using a legally registered company? Did you provide them support telephone, email? What products are you selling?

There must be a reason why they closed your account.

jfksf

* Before registering stripe, i emailed them and they confirmed my website is fully fit for getting their service. All the required documents are ok.

As a new stripe user, still may be i don't know all the terms & conditions properly.

*** Two was from my website's page & one more was an invoice payment! May be the issue made for creating an invoice payment! And 1st time i don't know why it was declined but i refresh my browser then payment were done.

Last edited:

absimp

Two was from my website's page & one more was an invoice payment! May be the issue made for creating an invoice payment!

Could be that the three payments triggered a security alert on their side?

Or they just didn't like you making "test" payments on a live account... That's what you have your test keys for.

And 1st time i don't know why it was declined but i refresh my browser then payment were done.

Usually payments are rated, for example: "Stripe risk evaluation: normal"

Or it could be because you refunded the payments...

If you have a new account now, you will see how it goes.

But you want to tread carefully, not that you get into a situation where they block payments from your customers and then refund them all after you have shipped your products to them (there are plenty such stories out there):

Stripe blocked my payments - Chapter 2
What happens when stripe account gets blocked?
Stripe blocked my payments, what can I do?
Stripe blocked my account, an alternative that you recommend ...

Good luck!

rohitt

I know about https://stripe.com/docs/multiple-accounts .

Unfortunately, my 1st stripe account was closed! But i created a new one with a new website. Also i have tasted the 2nd one, is working properly.

But now my confusion is -(without telling stripe team) :

1.Can we use the same stripe keys for our both websites?
2. Is there any chance to catch it by stripe team (without any customer's dispute)?
3. And in future, will stripe team take any harmful step for me and my business?

Do anyone have here who fell this kind of situation in the past / know about it properly? Please help me to sort out this condition. Thanks in advance.

N.B: Now and the previous - stripe business details are same but used another persons ID details and IP addresses.
Did you made your second stripe account with new business details and different email ?

rohitt

Do not overcomplicating thing.. ;)

Use one bussines name for all
actually i had my second account got denied by stripe so I was thinking of making a third one with new website so was searching and came across this post the person who asked the question made a second account after getting the first one closed down by stripe.
so i was just curious will they going to deny my third account too because my second one got denied ?