Cainiao Order Tracking on My Account Page for Woo

Cloud-Miner

Hello,

I came across this post where integrating Cainiao on the tracking orders page was being discussed: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/track-your-order-page-17track-net-issue.15693/

I am facing a similar problem. I have seen that it's possible to use tracking more's embed box on your site. Fair enough, but is the tracker visible inside the order dashboard of the user as well as seen in the example attached?

Example.png

Or, is the above solution only for the "Track my order" page on the frontend?

I want the user to track their orders within their user accounts, thus doing away with the need to use a separate track-my-order page. You may be aware of the "My Account Page" if you are using Flatsome or any other Woo theme.

So is it possible to achieve that with the tracking more embed code? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mar

Hello,

I came across this post where integrating Cainiao on the tracking orders page was being discussed: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/track-your-order-page-17track-net-issue.15693/

I am facing a similar problem. I have seen that it's possible to use tracking more's embed box on your site. Fair enough, but is the tracker visible inside the order dashboard of the user as well as seen in the example attached?

View attachment 11914

I want the user to track their orders within their user accounts, thus doing away with the need to use a separate track-my-order page. You may be aware of the "My Account Page" if you are using Flatsome or any other Woo theme.

So is it possible to achieve that with the tracking more embed code? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Instead of adding the tracking page in the front page main menu, add it in the My Account Menu. The tracking page will be added to the existing My Account Menu.

1590068456660.png

Cloud-Miner

Thanks for the reply, Mar. So, do you mean to say that I'll still have to create a "Track Your Order" page and paste the code from tracking more's embed box on my site with the display location set to "My account menu", correct?

Is there another alternative as explained in this KB article? https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2236974-tracking-services

I am bit confused about the custom tracking URL feature. If I follow all the steps as laid out in that article and append {tip} to the URL once, would all my URLs be automated or prefetched with tracking numbers and sent to new customers? Or do I have to manually input the details and generate the URL each time there's a new order?

Mar

Thanks for the reply, Mar. So, do you mean to say that I'll still have to create a "Track Your Order" page and paste the code from tracking more's embed box on my site with the display location set to "My account menu", correct?
Yes that is right. To make sure you have an Account menu with all existing menu in place. you create a new menu. Click on the Woocommerce end points and select all. These are the existing Account menu items. Add the Track Your Order page in the menu and check My Account Menu check box. This will assign the new menu.
Is there another alternative as explained in this KB article? https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2236974-tracking-services
I am not sure if there is another way to do it. That is what I know. Every menu item has a source. It could be a category, a custom link or a page. The tutorial link you are looking here is for non-woccommerce site.
I am bit confused about the custom tracking URL feature. If I follow all the steps as laid out in that article and append {tip} to the URL once, would all my URLs be automated or prefetched with tracking numbers and sent to new customers? Or do I have to manually input the details and generate the URL each time there's a new order?
It will depend what is in the Track Your Order page. If you use Cainiao iframe, customers will only paste the tracking code. no other details. Again, you are looking at a tutorial for the original plugin, that is why you are confused.
1590118415573.png
1590118480777.png
1590118903339.png

Enov

Hello,

Do we have this page in woocommerce? Track your order with "Order ID" and "Billing email" fields.
I think mine is just with "Tracking number" field, which is not helpfull.

Hello,

View attachment 11914

Thanks.

Mar

Do we have this page in woocommerce? Track your order with "Order ID" and "Billing email" fields.
I think mine is just with "Tracking number" field, which is not helpfull.
Add the short code [woocommerce_order_tracking] in the tracking page . It will have the exact fields you want, see below.

1590228606090.png

nenene

Would it be possible to only ask for Billing email, then show the information to the customer?
I noticed some get confused with the Order ID, they write weird numbers, like Paypal transaction numbers etc.