The Raphael theme (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direct Webstore

Have you guys tried using a smaller image? It should still be resized for the desktop..and be Ok for mobile. Experiment. Beats sitting around here :)

Direct Webstore

i use recommended size... If i put smaller won't look nice on desktop version
Experiment.

I just don't understand people who won't even "try" something different. It's how I learn to do things. It would take only minutes and you could delete the image after if it looks no good. The thing is, it's a "responsive theme" so even if it's not the "recommended" (not compulsory) size, the theme will resize it for the desktop and it just may look good on mobile.

Go on ... be brave ... your site won't explode. Just try it. Either it works or it doesn't. Try reducing the size by 1/3 to start.

:)

i use recommended size... If i put smaller won't look nice on desktop version

I have the same problem

To overcome this, choose your image wisely.

To exactly pinpoint which part of image will be shown in mobile is by dividing the image into three equal parts. The second part is shown on mobile devices.

I had seven promo images and each was displayed as I wanted it.

You can use canva, its a free online tool, super easy to crop your images and use them.

grba

I think they're too scared to try ... lol :)
obviously its a problem with theme. And subject of this post is to show where is a problem. I know that there is a lots of different ways to do it, but at last point problem need to be solved from theme developers, not from users

omktg

I have a problem with mobile version, size of picture is as recommended 1920x570, but when im on mobile picture is totally out of screen.

Hi @grba

That is not a bug. That is how the slider works.
In desktop you will always see the width of the whole image, but in mobile you will only see the center of it. That's how it works.
You need to create a design that looks good on both devices.

Kop

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina ,

So with this theme we won't be able to add our FB pixel there unless we buy the FB business addon? Is that correct?
View attachment 5540

There is no need to add a custom icon field. Just make the custom text field html ready and add there a default code with the icon at the left if you want to show that. This way will be easier for us to just delete that icon, or add anything we like in there.
View attachment 5541

Please add the option to create more elements like "Will be shipped in 3-5 days" there. This way we can also play with different texts based on our products.
View attachment 5542

Please add the option to create more elements like "Will be shipped in 3-5 days" there, and make the "GUARANTEED SAFE CHECKOUT" customizable.

It seems that this problem is still not solved: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/the-raphael-theme-beta.6837/post-40258
And if you wonder how many people use this screen resolution [1366*768]... its about 16.83% of the desktop traffic in the United States... source: http://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/united-states-of-america
View attachment 5543

Please add the option to create more elements here [credit cards]. It used to display 6 cards [payment methods]. So the Maestro and Discover cards and missing [PayPal methods]
View attachment 5546

The theme is loading a non existent CSS file [404]. Maybe it was deleted in the latest version of the theme.
View attachment 5545
@omktg Pls can you help alidropship theme users to get FB Pixel Standard events code on the theme: Add to cart, Purchase, Viewcontent.

omktg

@omktg Pls can you help alidropship theme users to get FB Pixel Standard events code on the theme: Add to cart, Purchase, Viewcontent.

Hey @Kop
Sure, I will do a post about it today. I think that it would be easier just to set custom events inside FB instead of trying to add the standard ones to the theme. But let me check it first, and I will make a post about it.

Kop

Hey @Kop
Sure, I will do a post about it today. I think that it would be easier just to set custom events inside FB instead of trying to add the standard ones to the theme. But let me check it first, and I will make a post about it.
Thank you very much.

Direct Webstore

but at last point problem need to be solved from theme developers, not from users
Seeing as this forum is for users and the Alidropship team don't monitor every post here ... as demonstrated by there being no replies to your problem from them in this thread since last Wednesday ... I suggest you write to support@alidropship.com

I think they're too scared to try ... lol
That was just a joke by the way. I'm just the sort of person that likes to experiment just for the Hell of it. Sometimes it results in me discovering the cause of a problem. Sometimes it doesn't.

But back to the problem, so far there are only two people experiencing it. Are you guys using really small screen phones by any chance? Maybe the theme is only configured for 5 inch screens and above. Dunno... just thinking out loud.

Have you only used your own phones to test? How about seeing what it looks like in the Mobile screen in Chrome console?

Or check it in ...https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly/

If your site has any content wider than the screen, that test will scream it's head off. lol.

EDIT: I just looked at the demo theme site for Raphael

... raphael.alidropship.com

in my Galaxy Note 4 (5 1/2 inch screen) and it's perfect. I also tested the demo theme site in the Google Mobile Friendly test. 100% pass.

This, combined with the fact that only two people have a problem "may" mean that the theme is not at fault and "maybe" there is something wrong with the images you're using. i.e the size is slightly off...or something else you two guys have done. Then again, maybe not ... it may be the theme's fault.

It's looking 50/50 to me ;)

Only one way to find out...hit Support up. But run your sites in that Mobile friendly test first.

https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

If your sites fail the test and there is a "Content wider than screen" warning...you can pass that info along to Support :)

Last edited:
obviously its a problem with theme. And subject of this post is to show where is a problem. I know that there is a lots of different ways to do it, but at last point problem need to be solved from theme developers, not from users
Hi @grba

As @Direct Webstore and @omktg pointed out, it is not a bug. However, if you want your slider to fit in the mobile page, I suggest you change it.

To do so, install any slider, I prefer Meta Slider, create slides and copy the php code. It should look something like this

<?php
echo do_shortcode('[smartslider3 slider=1]');
?>

I suggest you create a child theme. The easiest way is to search "Child Theme" in Add Plugins and install one. With the click of a button you should have a child theme set up.

Now, go to your CPanel and from Raphael folder copy front-page.php and paste it into raphael-child and edit it. You should replace

<?php echo do_shortcode('[metaslider id="506"]'); ?> which is on top of the page with the code you have. Now, the slider should show the full image across devices.

Adjust your ratio accordingly.

Direct Webstore

Hi @grba

As @Direct Webstore and @omktg pointed out, it is not a bug. However, if you want your slider to fit in the mobile page, I suggest you change it.

To do so, install any slider, I prefer Meta Slider, create slides and copy the php code. It should look something like this

<?php
echo do_shortcode('[smartslider3 slider=1]');
?>

I suggest you create a child theme. The easiest way is to search "Child Theme" in Add Plugins and install one. With the click of a button you should have a child theme set up.

Now, go to your CPanel and from Raphael folder copy front-page.php and paste it into raphael-child and edit it. You should replace

<?php echo do_shortcode('[metaslider id="506"]'); ?> which is on top of the page with the code you have. Now, the slider should show the full image across devices.

Adjust your ratio accordingly.

I think he is going to say that it should work "out of the box" ... and it should ... and as far as I can see from the demo theme, it does. Like I said above, there is a possibility that he has done something to cause this problem. But if he refuses to consider that possibility and follow the suggestions I wrote above ... he may never fix it.

I think he is going to say that it should work "out of the box" ... and it should ... and as far as I can see from the demo theme, it does. Like I said above, there is a possibility that he has done something to cause this problem. But if he refuses to consider that possibility and follow the suggestions I wrote above ... he may never fix it.
Its true that it does work out of the box. However, I believe he has a different issue here. He wants the the picture to appear the same as he has uploaded it.

The slider in Raphael, Michelangelo and Rembrandt on the other hand shows a portion of the picture on mobile devices.

IMG_20180915_035611.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-15-03-54-48-815_com.android.chrome.png

This is great for image quality as it does not break. I believe, he wants something that wraps the picture and resizes it to show the whole picture on mobile devices. In this case, he has to do away with the original slider and get a new one.

Direct Webstore

I believe he has a different issue here. He wants the the picture to appear the same as he has uploaded it.
Oh ... I see. So there is no "bug" after all. It's just it's design. Too many here scream "BUG!!!" at the drop of a hat around here ... lol :)

So his best bet if he doesn't like he he should install a 3rd party slider and edit a theme file like you mentioned above ... but editing the front-page.php may not be to his liking.

If he wants me too ... I could edit one for him and attach it here. He'd just need to insert the correct shortcode. I did the same thing with the Davinci theme when I used to use it.

Direct Webstore

need to be solved from theme developers, not from users

Seeing as it is not a problem with the theme after all ... and the Alidropship developer team don't do customisation (at least not for free) ... it looks like the ball is back in the users court. :)

@Direct Webstore Would you happen to know if I could change BEST DEALS, NEW ARRIVALS and TOP SELLING ITEMS to show product categories instead. Like a category for phone cases would show products from this particular category. I have edited a lot of files, php and js but cant seem to change it.

IMG_20180915_042938.jpg

The sliders I used to mimic it shows full width photos and not thumbnails.

Status
Not open for further replies.