The Raphael theme (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re very excited to let you know that our brand new theme Raphael is ready for beta testing.
We’ve done the most thorough UX research to deliver the perfect product to you: amazing clean design which keeps the focus on your products and meets all usability requirements increasing your brand loyalty. The theme is ideally suited for stores with both large inventories and small catalogs.

Please make sure you have the latest version of AliDropship original plugin before giving Raphael a try. The theme is not compatible with AliDropship Woo plugin.

Check Raphael demo website.
Knowledge Base guide.

Here are some key features to discover:

Homepage
Products in category menu. Showcase most popular items in your menu.

4d2b66800ba3.png
157b342b2a73.png

Zoom & glow hover effect. Eye-catching hover effect on product images (Homepage, Category page, Cross-sell section)
e05f128d3bb6.png

Homepage video. Feature a YouTube video to tell more about your store.
09e809448828.png

Category images on Homepage. Add pictures to category boxes to enhance customer visual experience.
4441831e6a53.png

Full-width Instagram feed. Share your latest Instagram posts in a full-width feed.
bb97426771f0.png

Homepage testimonials. Add credibility to your store by sharing customer reviews on your Homepage.
6ff7271ff0cf.png

Bigger subscription box. Take another big step towards customer engagement.
2d2bd9f67ae8.png

Blog articles on Homepage. Connect with your clients and extend their shopping experience.
b4ab1fe83bf2.png

Single product page
Payment icons under the Add to cart button. Show your customers a variety of payment methods available on your website.

6227ff806f71.png

Why Buy From Us tab. Tell your customers about advantages of shopping with you.
346d86ab8f2e.png

Cross-sell products. Encourage your clients to continue shopping by displaying related items.
d666a395ede7.png

Sticky Add to Cart button. Make the main website call-to-action button even more persuasive on mobile phones.
1e4a91e2787f.jpg

View all variations link. Product variations are placed in one line slider on mobile phones. Use the View all link to show all available variations.
0252285c37a3.jpg

Blog
New blog design.
19d971f96e1b.png

Side shopping cart.
f4fa7919a036.png

Multi-step checkout.
c52d113b6dcc.png

We’re looking forward to your feedback! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or improvement ideas.

P.S. Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of the theme, Search dropdown is still under development, we'll add this feature shortly.
@Ekaterina Sayapina Tracking number is out of sync between the wp-admin dashboard and the buyer's order dashboard, please repair it immediately ...

Attachments

• tempsnip.jpg
    tempsnip.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 26
  • tempsnip2.jpg
    tempsnip2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 26
Hi! Finally great news!

Some new features:
- Text overlay, text position and font size added to homepage banners
- 'Always display image' toggle added to 'Most popular category' block
- 'Show button' (your 'Shop now' button) toggle added to homepage banners
- Colorpicker for category text added
- Payment icons made customizable (footer)
- Payment icons changed under 'Add to cart' button
- 'Check out with PayPal' button added
- 'Quantity' option added
- 'Why Buy From Us' tab title made customizable
- Countdown Timer add-on compatibility added
- Customers Gallery add-on compatibility added
And of course minor bugs were fixed!

The theme will be in beta testing for another week. It means that you're more than welcome to share your thoughts and ideas!

P.S. FB Pixel ID field was removed from Customization => General. Those of you who have FB Business add-on might want to add their Pixel ID to the add-on settings (there are 6 events included instead of 3). We've decided to make such changes not only to extend functionality of the add-on, but also to make sure your pixels fire correctly and you can get support if necessary.
Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina

This is a really good theme. However, would it be possible to ask for a feature to remove the stars from homepage and category pages. I think a lot of people will appreciate this. As all of our products are selected based on 5 star ratings on Aliexpress and for those of us using Dropship.me plugin as well, the products are all rated 5 stars. Now, atleast my store shows all product as either 4.5 or 5 stars. This seems to be a problem I believe as customers see all products as 5 star and think something dodgy is going on. Most woocommerce themes dont have this problem. Also, the niche stores I have as competitors dont show such rating. Can you atleast give us a CSS to remove these stars please. @Direct Webstore has been very helpful in helping us out, however, the space between the product name and price doesnt seem to reduce.

@direc
One last shot ... try this. It works in the demo (see screenshot)

.stars, .stars .star {
display: none;
}
.product-item .starRating {
height: 0px;
}

View attachment 5605
@Direct Webstore Thank you as always. You are a life saver. The code you gave did get rid of the stars but the spacing was still not disappearing. I took your advice from the other thread to use inspect element and kept on adding different lines and finally was able to change it.

The problem seems to be the height of the product title. So I added the following lines to the one you provided.

.stars, .stars .star {
}
.product-item .starRating {
}
.product-item .title {
height: 19px;
}

Additionally, I was also able to get rid of those boxed categories by adding

.most-popular-categories .slider-most {
}

.most-popular-categories {
}

Please accept my deepest gratitude for your help and guidance.

Direct Webstore

Front page cannot be edited with Elementor.

No kidding. lol. The front pages of the Original plugin's themes are php theme files, not Wordpress pages. :)

But you can make a child theme and edit the frontpage.php, header.php and footer.php files manually yourself. When I used to use the Original plugin/Davinci (Use Woo now) I put a sidebar on it for widgets and a main slider up top ... as well as a modified header with a translation widget and a modified footer.

Last edited:

grba

No kidding. lol. The front pages of the Original plugin's themes are php theme files, not Wordpress pages. :)

But you can make a child theme and edit the frontpage.php file manually yourself. When I used to use the Original plugin/Davinci (Use Woo now) I put a sidebar on it for widgets and a main slider up top.
I was using on Rembrandt, you cannot edit but you can add elements under... Here no.. Actually i would like to have just one simple text column in between boxes and products.. I am zero knowledge at css :)

Direct Webstore

Last edited:
@Ekaterina Sayapina

There are two serious issue with the top menu bar in this theme.

1. When I hover over the categories, the thumbnails on the categories does not seem to change at all. It stays the same as the one that was click at first.

IMG_20180908_141747.jpg

IMG_20180908_141708.jpg

2. Please add an item with " ' " in the tiltle such as women's phone cases to understand the problem. The thumbnails on the menu will show women's phone cases as women#8217sphone cases.

One request I would make is if you can include some text on "Why Buy From Us" tab. You other pages and tabs looks very professional and no matter how hard I write something its never as professional as yours.

Thanks

One other issue I would like to highlight:

Please add up to 10 categories to see this problem. Those of us who will be migrating from Davinci have 10 categories as we needed them to fill in the menu on the left displayed on desktop. However, "More" tab on the raphael theme breaks and displays errors on Desktop. The menus earlier versions used to work great.

omktg

Hey Guys,

I found another issue, apparently this theme is still loading the default theme images [Raphael images] even after you change them. It seems that they load first and they remain in the back of your images. Please take a look:

Screenshot_234.png

This is terrible... First, because it slows down completely the page load time, and second because it takes away your brand credibility once you have changed the images.

I've tried this just with the "About Us" page [With that example site, and with my own testing site]... But i also know that the pages that contain images are:

HOME
slides
categories
testimonials

ABOUT
header banner

BLOG
header banner
separators

THANK YOU
Thank you page

This is definitely something that should be corrected as soon as possible @Ekaterina Sayapina @Yaros

Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

1. When I hover over the categories, the thumbnails on the categories does not seem to change at all. It stays the same as the one that was click at first.
This bug will be fixed shortly!

One request I would make is if you can include some text on "Why Buy From Us" tab. You other pages and tabs looks very professional and no matter how hard I write something its never as professional as yours.
We've added some default text for you to start with. I'll give it another check, though.

Please add up to 10 categories to see this problem. Those of us who will be migrating from Davinci have 10 categories as we needed them to fill in the menu on the left displayed on desktop. However, "More" tab on the raphael theme breaks and displays errors on Desktop. The menus earlier versions used to work great.
I couldn't reproduce the menu issue. It'd be great if you could send me a screenshot illustrating the problem or sent a pm with your domain name.

I found another issue, apparently this theme is still loading the default theme images [Raphael images] even after you change them. It seems that they load first and they remain in the back of your images.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

grba

I have a problem with mobile version, size of picture is as recommended 1920x570, but when im on mobile picture is totally out of screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.