The Raphael theme (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omktg

1. We'll fix this straightaway! Thanks for letting us know.
2. If font size looks small to you, please feel free to increase it in the .desc-header .text-shipping div class (FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING) and #shipping-collapse p, #shipping p, #specifics p, #why_buy-collapse p, #why_buy p (single product description). Anyway, we appreciate your feedback!
3. Not sure how to reproduce the Add to cart bug. Could you please explain one more time?

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina ,

1. About the Font Size...

The fonts look small, but not just to me. I think i said this before:

People older than 35 will convert better on pages with bigger text.

I've been doing this for many years as an affiliate. But dont take my word... take a look at this post form Malan Darras:

7) Font Size

This is a point of optimization that gets overlooked a lot.

Don’t overlook it.

It’s definitely not the first thing I test, but after I have the headline, image and body copy worked out it’s something I like to try.

Most websites have an average font size of about 12 px. So I set up a test with several different font size, some bigger some smaller to see what happens.

A test might look something like:
Landing Page 1: Font size = 12px
Landing Page 2: Font size = 10px
Landing Page 3: Font size = 14px
Landing Page 4: Font size = 16px

What I’ve found is that if your readers are over the age of 35, increasing the font size almost always makes the page work better.

As you get older, your vision gets worse. By increasing the font size, you’ll ensure that your readers can actually SEE the text on the page.

Source: https://www.malandarras.com/10-ways-to-optimize-a-landing-page

It also depends on the font style you are using, but in general:

The font size should be easy to read on all devices without having to zoom in to read.

And if you noticed, you can't zoom in a product description, on this theme, or for example in Michelangelo while on a mobile phone.

2. About the ADD TO CART...

Theme is not showing the ADD TO CART button on certain screen sizes. I checked this on my Ipad PRO 12.9" [chrome and safari browsers]

Here is a screenshot using chrome [Ipad horizontal view]

IMG_0143.PNG

Here is a screenshot using chrome [Ipad vertical view] THERE IS NO ADD TO CART

IMG_0144.PNG

Here is a screenshot using safari [Ipad horizontal view]

IMG_0146.PNG

Here is a screenshot using safari [Ipad vertical view] THERE IS NO ADD TO CART

IMG_0145.PNG

And finally, i also tested it on my laptop chrome browser. With the inspection tool you can replicate the same error by changing screen sizes/devices:

Screenshot_169.png

3. About some mobile issues...

Today i found some other issues on mobile:

The home button, is not clickable

Screenshot_20180723-000625.png

On the Contact page, shouldn't the text be before the contact form?

Screenshot_20180723-000750.png

Well, i think that all i have. I hope it helps.

Starfish1

Tested the theme for a few minutes and the first things that bothered me was:

Main menu categories don't fit properly if we have many categories. In my case I have 10 categories that I want to display in the menu, without "hiding" anything with dropdown.

Please make the menu scale somewhat like this:
146f2c94ea2b69e3293fb94d3cb05e5c (1).png

Main categories slider should have the option hide it, and to show the images without hovering.

Also, i'd like to have the option to add the countdown promo feature for the homepage, like you have in the davinci theme.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina ,

1. About the Font Size...

The fonts look small, but not just to me. I think i said this before:

People older than 35 will convert better on pages with bigger text.

I've been doing this for many years as an affiliate. But dont take my word... take a look at this post form Malan Darras:

Source: https://www.malandarras.com/10-ways-to-optimize-a-landing-page

It also depends on the font style you are using, but in general:

The font size should be easy to read on all devices without having to zoom in to read.

And if you noticed, you can't zoom in a product description, on this theme, or for example in Michelangelo while on a mobile phone.

2. About the ADD TO CART...

Theme is not showing the ADD TO CART button on certain screen sizes. I checked this on my Ipad PRO 12.9" [chrome and safari browsers]

Here is a screenshot using chrome [Ipad horizontal view]

View attachment 4925

Here is a screenshot using chrome [Ipad vertical view] THERE IS NO ADD TO CART

View attachment 4926

Here is a screenshot using safari [Ipad horizontal view]

View attachment 4927

Here is a screenshot using safari [Ipad vertical view] THERE IS NO ADD TO CART

View attachment 4928

And finally, i also tested it on my laptop chrome browser. With the inspection tool you can replicate the same error by changing screen sizes/devices:

View attachment 4929

3. About some mobile issues...

Today i found some other issues on mobile:

The home button, is not clickable

View attachment 4930

On the Contact page, shouldn't the text be before the contact form?

View attachment 4931

Well, i think that all i have. I hope it helps.
Yes, it does help! Thank you very much for your input. We'll carefully check all the above-mentioned issues and consider increasing font size.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Tested the theme for a few minutes and the first things that bothered me was:

Main menu categories don't fit properly if we have many categories. In my case I have 10 categories that I want to display in the menu, without "hiding" anything with dropdown.

Please make the menu scale somewhat like this:
View attachment 4942

Main categories slider should have the option hide it, and to show the images without hovering.

Also, i'd like to have the option to add the countdown promo feature for the homepage, like you have in the davinci theme.
The rest of your categories can be found in MORE. This is done to keep design clean and not to overload it with excessive content.
more.jpg

omktg

Yes, it does help! Thank you very much for your input. We'll carefully check all the above-mentioned issues and consider increasing font size.

@Ekaterina Sayapina i just made a comparison between font sizes from some trusted sources to see the difference on mobile devices.

All screen shots were taken with the same mobile phone.

At the top from left to right, you can see my Facebook News Feed, The Raphael Theme, And Malan Darras Blog [for the ones who doesn't know who he is... Malan Darras is a super affiliate]

And at the bottom, also from left to right... Neil Patel's Blog, And the Rapahel Theme.

Take a look at the huge difference between font sizes, do you see it?
Why do you think Facebook choose that font size?
it is almost the same size Neil Patel is using. And Malan Darras uses a little bigger one... but all of them [Facebook, Malan, and Neil Patel] use a font size that is super easy to read, without having to zoom in... Because if your copy is selling, you should let your audience read it to increase conversions.

font-size-comparison.png

Facebook, and all others came to this size by testing the best performance between their readers.

I hope this helps.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Its a very beautiful theme. Two suggestions:
1. Can you please fix the schema as it helps rank in google (https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool)? I have attached product errors and warnings screenshot.
2. The admin.ajax seems to take several seconds to load (more than 6 seconds). Can this please be updated so the page loads faster?
Thanks
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll give it a check.

andrew40

With fonts I think its down to the individual users and what they want to achieve.. If its just for SEO then its not so much an issue, if your target audience is 50 + then it is more of a problem. There is also the hypothesis that larger fonts convert more but thats also down to target audience, amount of text etc. All these things can be achieved to your liking with custom css in the child theme.

omktg

With fonts I think its down to the individual users and what they want to achieve.. If its just for SEO then its not so much an issue, if your target audience is 50 + then it is more of a problem. There is also the hypothesis that larger fonts convert more but thats also down to target audience, amount of text etc. All these things can be achieved to your liking with custom css in the child theme.

It will take you some time to generate enough traffic through SEO to get consistent sales. But even with that, you will need to test the correct text font size, and design elements to decrease your bounce rate %. If you dont do it, you will lose your rankings. It is the same for mobile optimized pages, now that google uses "Mobile-first indexing" you will need to make your text easy readable on mobile devices in order to decrease your bounce rate + many other factors like, page speed, quality copy...

Not everyone knows how to build a child theme. Some people here don't even know what that is.

And if we are talking about how to improve the performance and design of an Alidropship built in theme [newbie friendly and optimized for conversions], then most suggestions here are valid.

And this is not an hypothesis at all, it was already proved many years ago. you are free to test it out.

Reactions: Kop
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Please feel free to install the updated version of the theme (check the attached file of my first post). Any input would be appreciated! ;)

Reactions: Kop

omktg

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina ,

There is no quantity selector on the product page [desktop and mobile]. Only on the cart.
The Home button is still not clickable [mobile version dropdown menu]

ixtox

Hi @Ekaterina Sayapina ,

There is no quantity selector on the product page [desktop and mobile]. Only on the cart.

In my opinion it's definitely better for UX and can generate more sales. One place for quantity simplifies making decisions.

I suspect that 90% of customers usually buy 1 thing. If buyer already thinking about buying a larger quantity, it is already in second place just after thinking about buying. The faster the customer goes through process from the idea of buying to payment, the better for us :)

Think as buyer: See/like -> Add to cart -> ( Add more quantity if needed at basket ) -> Checkout

ahmedsizan

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll give it a check.
Thank you for implementing my suggestion. I am now using the theme in my website. I have come across one problem.

Under customisation>general>template colors
When I change template colors, it does not work

One other thing, Do I have to always uninstall the theme in order to update it, or can I just unzip the file and overwrite them and get it to work.

Thanks

omktg

In my opinion it's definitely better for UX and can generate more sales. One place for quantity simplifies making decisions.

I suspect that 90% of customers usually buy 1 thing. If buyer already thinking about buying a larger quantity, it is already in second place just after thinking about buying. The faster the customer goes through process from the idea of buying to payment, the better for us :)

Think as buyer: See/like -> Add to cart -> ( Add more quantity if needed at basket ) -> Checkout

I get your point, but the way i view it, is completely different:

The average buyer knows how an E-commerce website should look like [for example if you are flexing your FB audience interests with Online Shopping....etc], so if you don't add a quantity selector [that every single theme has, even the ones that have proven to convert the best], then we may cause an unnecessary frustration.

For example:

Imagine Jennifer is looking for brooches at https://bestbrooch.com/vintage-style-rhodium-plated-wedding-brooch-with-austrian-crystals/ for her wedding next month.

She needs at least 7, and once she got the design she wanted, she realize that there is no quantity selector... Here comes the frustration. What is she going to do? will she risk to click the ADD TO CART button, or not? maybe a friend told her already about another site...

Another example:

Lorenzo is looking for an Akatsuki hoodie, and he just found one at https://hokagestore.com/akatsuki-clan-hoodie/
He is so happy to have found what he wanted. And the only thing he needs to do know is to click on the ADD TO CART button, because the quantity is already set to one [1]... exactly what he needs, and he hurries because the sale ends in 50 minutes.

So, in my opinion the quantity selector is necessary. There are proved methods to increase conversions, and for that you just need to look at the Shopify themes with the highest CR, and talk to other successful sellers and join the right groups.

But, if you are selling a single product [a winner in your store], and you think that there is no need for a quantity selector, and you want to push FB traffic or any other paid traffic to it. Then the Alidropship Team have already created an Addon for this, and it is called "Single Product Promo Page" and you can find it here:

https://alidropship.com/addons/single-product-promo-page/

This plugin will create a unique lander for the product you are going to promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.