Standard plugin or Woocommerce Plugin?The Best

B.krishna

Hi all,

Please tell me which version is better to use ..either Standard plugin or woo commerce plugin ...like themes,features, automation, pricing,shipping , easily importing and editing products etc..

Direct Webstore

Please tell me which version is better to use ..either Standard plugin or woo commerce plugin .

It's really a personal choice.

I use the original with a heavily modified child theme to make it unique and to be able to use additional plugins.

The order processing is MUCH better in the original plugin, in my opinion. Also, the original is always at the head of the line for development.

And if you are a newbie ... definately go for the original plugin.

Hosting is up to you ... just make sure they have free SSL.

:)

MonkeyK

Woo version sounds allow the customer choose the shipping options (free or paid with faster delivery) based on different counties or areas. But original sounds treat all countries or areas at the same rate and same delivery time. If I am wrong, please correct me please. Thanks.

Direct Webstore

Woo version sounds allow the customer choose the shipping options ... If I am wrong, please correct me

You're wrong. Different shipping options are available in the original plugin. Anyway ... using "Free Shipping" ONLY is the best strategy. :)

neeraj89

original one is best. except few important features like upsell :(. and we cant use many additional plugins. if you are starting out, then original one is best.

neeraj89

There are cross-sell (upsell) options when you edit the product.

You can use any plugins that use shortcodes and insert them into the theme files, the home page article section, in the blog side bar section and in posts/pages.

:)
Yes buddy. i am well aware about that cross sell option. was talking about upsell which comes after clicking on "proceed to checkout" button, and shows 1 related product.
and bro, regarding any plugin, yes, it mayb done, but not for person who doesn't know tech coding skills :)

Woocommerce is the biggest shop CMS in the world and nobody will do better, so I am wondering how someone can say that using Alidropship without Woocommerce is better ?
And about Upsell, you are just repeating what everybody else keep repeating without even thinking, but the truth is that when someone reaches the checkout page, the only thing that he should do is PAY ! And distracting people with anything else is not very smart.

neeraj89

Woocommerce is the biggest shop CMS in the world and nobody will do better, so I am wondering how someone can say that using Alidropship without Woocommerce is better ?
And about Upsell, you are just repeating what everybody else keep repeating without even thinking, but the truth is that when someone reaches the checkout page, the only thing that he should do is PAY ! And distracting people with anything else is not very smart.
really, you are expert that doesn't mean every one is expert too.. There are lots of new people who are just starting this, and for this still original plugin is best. Its so simple for them.
And maybe upsell feature didn't work for you or did not yield much results for you, it doesn't mean it doesn't work at all.. Sure it increase lots of sales. And i am not assuming.. Thanks. ;)

I agree with you that for someone who doesn't know how to install use wordpress, the original plugin might be better, but what I was saying is that it cannot be really better than what woocommerce, the most used shop CMS in the world, is offering.
And basing a business on a stand alone plugin as the original alidropship is not very smart in my opinion, as we know the future of wordpress and woocommerce, but we cannot know the future of alidropship.

About upsell, sorry but as you will never know how many sales you lost by diverting customers with upsell, you are just assuming :)
Of course, you can see that some people buy the products that you have proposed them, but you cannot see who simply didn't buy anything after leaving the checkout page because of the upsell option.

neeraj89

I agree with you that for someone who doesn't know how to install use wordpress, the original plugin might be better, but what I was saying is that it cannot be really better than what woocommerce, the most used shop CMS in the world, is offering.
And basing a business on a stand alone plugin as the original alidropship is not very smart in my opinion, as we know the future of wordpress and woocommerce, but we cannot know the future of alidropship.

About upsell, sorry but as you will never know how many sales you lost by diverting customers with upsell, you are just assuming :)
Of course, you can see that some people buy the products that you have proposed them, but you cannot see who simply didn't buy anything after leaving the checkout page because of the upsell option.
Yup thats right. That was my point. I know the potential of woocommerce and using the same too in one of my stores. ;)

Regarding upsell, on the other hand it does increase the average order value. If once customer is distracted then 2 customer buys extra, provided there's right product with right offer to upsell. :)

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi all,

Please tell me which version is better to use ..either Standard plugin or woo commerce plugin ...like themes,features, automation, pricing,shipping , easily importing and editing products etc..
These two plugins have their own advantages. However, please note that we would recommend using AliDropship Woo plugin + WooCommerce if you already have some experience in this field. To learn further details please refer to this guide: https://alidropship.com/codex/8-alidropship-vs-alidropship-woocommerce-choose/

Renee Hall

"but the truth is that when someone reaches the checkout page, the only thing that he should do is PAY ! " Really?