So very lost on this! Help Please...anyone...?

marketingal

I am missing something or missed a step somewhere as I cannot figure out what to do at WordPress.com for a theme and then the plugin. I purchased the hosting here at Alidropship and have purchased my domain, bought the plugin SO....can I not use the Free Version Of WordPress to use the plugins and set it up. I think I am used to using the .org of WordPress dashboard or something. Not a very good start I must say. :( Feeling pretty dumb so hoping someone can clear this up for me.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am missing something or missed a step somewhere as I cannot figure out what to do at WordPress.com for a theme and then the plugin. I purchased the hosting here at Alidropship and have purchased my domain, bought the plugin SO....can I not use the Free Version Of WordPress to use the plugins and set it up. I think I am used to using the .org of WordPress dashboard or something. Not a very good start I must say. :( Feeling pretty dumb so hoping someone can clear this up for me.
Hello,
https://alidropship.com/codex/wordpress-org-vs-wordpress-com/

meeyule

I cannot figure out what to do at WordPress.com for a theme and then the plugin.
There's a difference between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org.
Wordpress.com gives you a free Wordpress site, hosted on their server. This isn't the option you need. You need to host a domain yourself, then install Wordpress on it via Wordpress.org.

Some webhosts have a one-click install version of Wordpress. Login to your cPanel to see if they have it. If not, you will have to download Wordpress from Wordpress.org and install it yourself.

marketingal

Thank you, Victoria. I had the wrong Wordpress to start off with and somewhere in the back of my little brain I thought I saw something where when you hosting is at Alidropship they hook my WordPress up but not sure. Anyway, so happy that it is something little. May I ask another question...there are only 3 free themes available so does this mean I have to purchase one if I don't like the 3 I see? I can't use one from WordPress can I?

marketingal

There's a difference between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org.
Wordpress.com gives you a free Wordpress site, hosted on their server. This isn't the option you need. You need to host a domain yourself, then install Wordpress on it via Wordpress.org.
Thank you so much. Yes, I now have it right in my little brain. Thanks, everyone so much. You are great. I have my domain name which I purchased earlier from GoDaddy and chose to use the hosting here. So I am guessing I now go to WordPress.org and download that.

meeyule

Thank you, Victoria. I had the wrong Wordpress to start off with and somewhere in the back of my little brain I thought I saw something where when you hosting is at Alidropship they hook my WordPress up but not sure. Anyway, so happy that it is something little. May I ask another question...there are only 3 free themes available so does this mean I have to purchase one if I don't like the 3 I see? I can't use one from WordPress can I?
That depends on the version of the Alidropship plugin you are using. For the original Alidropship plugin you have to use one of those 3, yes.
For the Alidropship Woo version, most Woocommerce themes are compatible.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
If you use AliDropship original plugin (not WOO version) you can use only 1 out of 3 built-in themes. With AliDropship WOO plugin and WooCommerce you can use WooCommerce themes , but we recommend to use WOO version if you are experienced user already and know how WooCommerce works.

marketingal

Thank you again, Victoria. I have not ever used woo commerce before. I am familiar with WordPress and did 2 affiliate sites but not woo commerce. Darn! Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. It is easy to miss things when you are excited and nervous! Sheesh! :oops: You have been more than helpful and very quick. I appreciate this so much.

ZAPPY

Victoria Kudryashova said:
we recommend to use WOO version if you are experienced user already and know how WooCommerce works.
You're sure right there Victoria!

Learnt the hard way or should I say by being impatient and not waiting for support email update owing to time zones, (wanted WP Shopper theme installed and got DaVinci installed instead), so I thought could go ahead and install a WooCommerce + a free WP theme on my own.

Pah!

Gotta put my hands up now and hang my head in embarrassment that through not waiting, I've messed up my website.

The error messages, I've being getting trying to backtrack is beyond my head now as it looks like I've deleted the main AliDropship plugin and left the Woo version and goodness knows what else I've messed up. :oops: (Now realise they need each other to work with WP themes).

Wonder if Anna at CustomerSupport (she's been great so far with answering my questions) will accept my deep deep deep ashamed apology and get me back up and running with DaVinci again?

Only one way to find out!

Will say, anyone reading this and think they know WP, even just a little bit or alot, you probably do BUT do you know the WooCommerce theme ins and outs too? If not, follow the AliDropship team's advice - stick with the DaVinci, Michelangelo or Rembrandt themes until you get some WooCommerce experience or a WP DoneForYou version.

And yes...

I will be following my own advice and sticking to DaVinci, Michelangelo or Rembrandt themes with my anticipated additional dropship stores once this first one is sorted.

marketingal

OH, crapola!! That sounds just like me and I am still trying to figure it all out. The time gap is what gets me the worst. I send in requests for help but then don't here back for 2 days and then it is the weekend again and no one is in . I set up my woo commerce with stripe and paypal but now I don't know which plugin I am supposed to keep! I cannot get the products to go in correctly. Lost again.........thaks for the advice. Greatly appreciated and I have sent in the :( in shame pls forgive help requests too. :)
Merry