Randomize Products

I Style My Way

I'm using davinci theme.

I want to randomize products on my front page. The reason is that my update cycle is staggered like a week or more. The site is stuck with the same products all the time. This gives a static look and loss of customers as they think we have nothing new. Also, this is not good for SEO as search engines push the site down if there are no updates in content. Randomizing the products with every load/refresh will give a fresh look to the site all the time. And search engines think the site gets updated all the time and they rank higher.

The deals and new arrivals look good but are less practical. Because if I add products category-wise, all the new arrivals are of same category which looks lame. We need to have a mix of new arrivals. And it is not a new arrival if they stay for weeks together.

Similarly, for best deals, the same product staying there for long creates an impression of non-selling stock. Shuffling the products there will give an impression that even if the deal is less, it is because of a new product or higher quality not because it is not selling.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I'm using davinci theme.

I want to randomize products on my front page. The reason is that my update cycle is staggered like a week or more. The site is stuck with the same products all the time. This gives a static look and loss of customers as they think we have nothing new. Also, this is not good for SEO as search engines push the site down if there are no updates in content. Randomizing the products with every load/refresh will give a fresh look to the site all the time. And search engines think the site gets updated all the time and they rank higher.

The deals and new arrivals look good but are less practical. Because if I add products category-wise, all the new arrivals are of same category which looks lame. We need to have a mix of new arrivals. And it is not a new arrival if they stay for weeks together.

Similarly, for best deals, the same product staying there for long creates an impression of non-selling stock. Shuffling the products there will give an impression that even if the deal is less, it is because of a new product or higher quality not because it is not selling.
You may change the number of orders in your Product options admin area - products with the highest quantity of orders will appear in Top selling products.
You may change the date of publication - the newest will appear in New arrivals.
You may also regulate the discount amount - to make products with the highest discount appear in a best deals section.

I Style My Way

You are trying to bend the elephant to fit the chain. It should be the other way round.

You may change the number of orders in your Product options admin area - products with the highest quantity of orders will appear in Top selling products.
This is only when we start getting sales. Again, this will only work when we have lots of sales, not viable for a new site. Yaros' answer the quoted thread below talks differently. Picking products randomly from the top 100 selling items would do well.

You may change the date of publication - the newest will appear in New arrivals.
This is a lot of manual work. Just picking products randomly from the last 100 items added would save a lot of time.

You may also regulate the discount amount - to make products with the highest discount appear in a best deals section.
This will hit my bottom line. I cannot change the discounts as I want, this has to harmonize with others. Moreover, the discounts are calculated automatically from the pricing formula I guess. I haven't set anything explicitly. It would be good to get products randomly from the top 100 highest discounted items.

I found an old thread here that talks about the same/similar issue: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/random-images.122/

I'll be happy if Yaros could take a look at this issue.

Yogandala

I see this post is over a year old but I'm on the same boat (rembrandt theme). I want to be able to organize the products on my home page without having to make numbers up (i.e. create more purchases than actually purchased) just so my items show up on top. We need this flexibility. Absolutely