Random Images

mangomarey

I noticed that the images shown on the front page hardly change . those Categories:

TOP SELLING PRODUCTS
BEST DEALS
NEW ARRIVALS

I thought it was only my browser cache (chrome) but i opened the site on safari then on my Mackbook pro then on my iphone and lastly on the iPad pro and same photos ..

Those photos should be random . i have 120 product published and more than 40 waiting
am i missing something here?

Regards

The Dropper

it doesn't make sense The products are ordered & filtered by the following :

TOP selling products : by the number of orders which is imported from aliexpress too .
Best deals : by the amount of discounts that you setup for each product .
New arrivals : products that are just added to your store .

How do you gonna show a product with 3 orders in the TOP of your selling products ???!

mangomarey

I know it does not make any sense that is why i am asking in here ..
If i navigate to all products i can see all products, going back to the home page and refresh same products which were there before even with different browsers

mangomarey

Also and because i do not want to open another thread ..
I just updated the products review and i got over 500 emails from my website asking me to moderate the reviews ..
Is there any option to turn this feature off?

is all of these trouble because we installed the ioncube version of Alidropship?

The Dropper

Dude , look like you still didn't get what these widgets are , This is not related to your browser , this is in your database .

mangomarey

I just took a quick look at a site done by Yaros and noticed the same thing .. but let me clear up my point in here..

Let we assume that under Best deals we have 4 products place holder on the front page ordered like this: 1 2 3 4
If we refresh the browser (i know the product comes from the Database) the order of the images should be different let say should be like: 4 2 1 3 and if we refresh again it should give you different combination to the same 4 products ..
And of course if we have more than 4 then every time you refresh the browser you see different images and this is very important so the whoever visit the site will see different products every time ..

I hope my point is clear now ...

Right now i added 10 more new products but under category New Arrival still see the old ones ..

Regards

Yaros

Staff member
TOP SELLING PRODUCTS based on star rating on AliExpress
BEST DEALS based on the amount of discount
NEW ARRIVALS based on the time you added a product to your site.

mangomarey

TOP SELLING PRODUCTS based on star rating on AliExpress
BEST DEALS based on the amount of discount
NEW ARRIVALS based on the time you added a product to your site.

Hi Yaros..

I understand that but the image layout should change (randomised) every time the viewer refresh or visit the site. ..
I am visiting the site everyday and it looks the same .. same images in same place (kinda of boring) ...

In Aliplugin site this is not the case which make it very attractive...

Please this is very important to make the viewer feels he or she is seeing different items or different design every time they come to site. and also it is a good thing to promote all the products

Yaros

Staff member
You can add more products, change discounts may be... but I don't think it is a good idea to show random products. I prefer showing the ones on my stores that are new, have best discounts and are ranked high by the buyers.

mangomarey

Is there any option to control that from the backend?

Also, i keep adding new products and they are not show on the first page ...
first page still showing stuff from last week (in fact i just add an item 2 minutes ago and not showing)

Yaros

Staff member
I will check that, have you set them as published? No, there is no such option on backend.

mangomarey

Yes, i changed the title and i published them ... if i go to All products i can see them published with updated prices

I am talking here about the New arrival section of the first page

mangomarey

Hi Yaros
Any follow up on that matter?
Photos on the front page still not randomised although i added many many products .. specially on the New Arrival Section?

You can add more products, change discounts may be... but I don't think it is a good idea to show random products. I prefer showing the ones on my stores that are new, have best discounts and are ranked high by the buyers.

I think it should be a very good idea to have the possibility to show random products. In my webshop I splitted up 1 product with a lot of variations into single products without variations. Now my homepage shows almost the same products without same quantity of orders, same ratings and same prices.

At least there should be an option to show a 4th block with random products....