product images inserted into description as links or uploading hangs

themadguru

Hi

When I imported products from AliExpress using the Chrome extension, one image was imported as the main product image in WooCommerce, however, all the other images were inserted as links in the product description, not as Media images showing in the product gallery.

I found that if I open a product on Aliexpress the AliDropship Chrome extension allows me to edit before adding, where I can uncheck the box to add images to the description. However, when i then import the product, it hangs when importing: "Upload images. Progress: 11.11%", then stops.

Please kindly advise? Is there a setting so I don't have to use edit first to disable images in the description? Why is the Upload hanging and not completing?

Note, the site is under construction, so I am using an .htaccess password so only I can view the site during this time. Would this cause the import process to have problems?

Another thing, I've had to disable a number of other Chrome extensions to get the import to work more smoothly, and it still doesn't work with every attempt. All other Chrome extensions do not have any problems with each other, so why does the AliDropship Woo have so many issues?

Regards

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi

When I imported products from AliExpress using the Chrome extension, one image was imported as the main product image in WooCommerce, however, all the other images were inserted as links in the product description, not as Media images showing in the product gallery.

I found that if I open a product on Aliexpress the AliDropship Chrome extension allows me to edit before adding, where I can uncheck the box to add images to the description. However, when i then import the product, it hangs when importing: "Upload images. Progress: 11.11%", then stops.

Please kindly advise? Is there a setting so I don't have to use edit first to disable images in the description? Why is the Upload hanging and not completing?

Note, the site is under construction, so I am using an .htaccess password so only I can view the site during this time. Would this cause the import process to have problems?

Another thing, I've had to disable a number of other Chrome extensions to get the import to work more smoothly, and it still doesn't work with every attempt. All other Chrome extensions do not have any problems with each other, so why does the AliDropship Woo have so many issues?

Regards
Hello, we have 2 options in AliDropship Google Chrome extension while you are doing Bulk or individual import: Remove images or remove text. If you don't want to check all product description for a links - you can use Remove images / Remove text options. Free shipping on Hoodies & Sweatshirts in Men's Clothing & Accessories and more on AliExpress ...png

The speed of import depends on your Hosting and Internet connection.

Could you please clarify your words: "I've had to disable a number of other Chrome extensions to get the import to work more smoothly, and it still doesn't work with every attempt. " - what do you mean saying it still doesn't work?

themadguru

"what do you mean saying it still doesn't work?"

i.e. the extension hangs during import, as I mentioned. Also, it doesn't seem to work every time.

My Internet connection is fibre optic, so is stable and quite fast. My hosting is a VPS server, considerably faster than ordinary shared hosting accounts. Can you please tell me, is the image upload process timing out because you believe I have connection speed issue? Can you please elaborate on what specifically is the problem here, so maybe I can address it on the server settings? (I am a sysadmin on this VPS server)

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
"what do you mean saying it still doesn't work?"

i.e. the extension hangs during import, as I mentioned. Also, it doesn't seem to work every time.

My Internet connection is fibre optic, so is stable and quite fast. My hosting is a VPS server, considerably faster than ordinary shared hosting accounts. Can you please tell me, is the image upload process timing out because you believe I have connection speed issue? Can you please elaborate on what specifically is the problem here, so maybe I can address it on the server settings? (I am a sysadmin on this VPS server)

How many products do you have in your store? Do you have enough space on your Hosting?
If you want us to check this issue - you can PM me your domain name, cPanel and WP login credentials, some product that you couldn't import - we will check.

themadguru

The store is new and under construction. It had no products prior to me installing AliDropship Woo. I have a VPS server and am able to allocate as much space as I want for the account with that domain; space is not an issue. The primary problem that I see with the extension is that it is not reporting errors when it encounters one and just hangs. You have assumed I am using cPanel - In fact - I use DIrectAdmin on my server. There are many hosting control panels, not just cPanel.

The server has private financial information for a client, so unable to provide you with WP login details. I will duplicate the site onto another domain and remove payment gateway info. This will take time. Since I am working on two other web design projects for clients right now, I will try and allocate time on Thursday to do this.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
The store is new and under construction. It had no products prior to me installing AliDropship Woo. I have a VPS server and am able to allocate as much space as I want for the account with that domain; space is not an issue. The primary problem that I see with the extension is that it is not reporting errors when it encounters one and just hangs. You have assumed I am using cPanel - In fact - I use DIrectAdmin on my server. There are many hosting panels, not just cPanel.

The server has private financial information for a client, so unable to provide you with WP login details. I will duplicate the site onto another domain and remove payment gateway info. This will take time. Since I am working on two other web design projects for clients right now, I will try and allocate time on Thursday to do this.
Yes, sure.

themadguru

One question I have for now...

I use the CloudFlare Content Delivery network (CDN). Do you have experience with sites using this, and could this cause an issue? I'll try disabling it and see if it helps during the import process when I get the chance.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
One question I have for now...

I use the CloudFlare Content Delivery network (CDN). Do you have experience with sites using this, and could this cause an issue? I'll try disabling it and see if it helps during the import process when I get the chance.
It could cause an issue, please try to disable it and check .

themadguru

I've tested it with Cloudflare disabled and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Right now, the Chrome extension importing every time, although telling me that "Upload images. Progress: 16.67%". The percentage varies. At that point it just stays like that with no information that indicates that it has completed uploading and no error messages as I mentioned.

When I return to Worpress, I can see that the product is in fact there, either in the import list or the published products if I click publish. The description and all description images do import. However, the main product image does import as the featured image, but other gallery images do not import.

Can you please tell me... Is your plugin and extension designed to import the additional gallery images or not? It would take considerable time to manually import these every time. I don't want all the gallery images to just be displayed in the description area. I don't know what is working and what is not yet. The upload progress hangs, but i can see the products now in the Import list or the published products if I click publish.

When I visit chrome://extensions/ in the url bar, I can see that the AliDropship plugin has the option to "Allow access to file URLs". It's not checked. Should this be enabled?

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I've tested it with Cloudflare disabled and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Right now, the Chrome extension importing every time, although telling me that "Upload images. Progress: 16.67%". The percentage varies. At that point it just stays like that with no information that indicates that it has completed uploading and no error messages as I mentioned.

When I return to Worpress, I can see that the product is in fact there, either in the import list or the published products if I click publish. The description and all description images do import. However, the main product image does import as the featured image, but other gallery images do not import.

Can you please tell me... Is your plugin and extension designed to import the additional gallery images or not? It would take considerable time to manually import these every time. I don't want all the gallery images to just be displayed in the description area. I don't know what is working and what is not yet. The upload progress hangs, but i can see the products now in the Import list or the published products if I click publish.

When I visit chrome://extensions/ in the url bar, I can see that the AliDropship plugin has the option to "Allow access to file URLs". It's not checked. Should this be enabled?
Hello , all this process depends on your Hosting settings. I can't tell you exactly what needs to be done to make all images to be uploaded. Maybe you have some time restrictions on your server and extension doesn't have enough time to upload all images.

themadguru

Hi, thanks Victoria

Can you please specifically tell me if the plugin and extension are supposed to import all gallery images as gallery images (not as part of the description)? I would like to know if this is supposed to happen? This question has not been answered yet, and I am not sure what is supposed to be imported. I do not see any videos showing the entire process.

Regards

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, thanks Victoria

Can you please specifically tell me if the plugin and extension are supposed to import all gallery images as gallery images (not as part of the description)? I would like to know if this is supposed to happen? This question has not been answered yet, and I am not sure what is supposed to be imported. I do not see any videos showing the entire process.

Regards
Hello, yes, all images and product description should be imported.

Dovab

I'm having the same problem. When I checked the fatal error logs I noticed this error (i've removed some sensitive data from the paths):

Code:
2018-01-13T13:32:16+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-content/plugins/alidswoo/includes/adsw/update/uploadExternalImages.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-content/plugins/alidswoo/includes/adsw/update/AbsProduct.php(0): adsw\update\uploadExternalImages->actions_upload_images_list(Array)
#1 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-content/plugins/alidswoo/admin/handlers.php(0): adsw\update\AbsProduct->actions(Array)
#2 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): adsw_uploadExternalImages('')
#3 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#4 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(97): do_actio

I think it might be related to the images uploading problem.