New store + good strategy

Seth

I've purchased IG shoutouts but they led to zero traffic, and it seems their posts and likes were fake. Anyone know of legitimate IG shoutout websites?

ZbigniewPL

The only way to verify followers on insta is to look on engagement under every post.
Look for likes and comments.

Tenario

Hi Yaros,

Would you please update us about the progress of this store? Are you making a profit from supreblings.com ? Thanks

I want to show you one of my recently launched stores as an example and share some ideas and experience with you.

What niche did I choose?

Initially I had an idea to launch a jewelry store offering different cool but cheap stuff from AliExpress. Then I analysed my current stores in various niches and my best selling products. This research helped me to come to a conclusion that there is no point to search for new items but it’s better to focus on proven products. So, I decided to combine my best sellers in one site (and of course add some new pieces). As a result, I got http://superblings.com/.

I expect you will have questions regarding copyright issues since this store has many branded items. I tried to avoid any brand name in the domain and not to devote the whole site idea to any specific brand (like Harry Potter), but decided to include branded products. Stripe approved my store.

What is my profit?

I started working on this site one month ago, so I have not got any outstanding results so far. However, the store has already generated 22 sales and brought around $250 in net profit. I consider it as a good result for such a fresh site and see a potential here.

How do I promote?

I am using two main methods for this store – Instagram shoutouts and Instagram ads.

1. Instagram shoutouts

We have already described Instagram shoutouts strategy in details on our blog. I just want to focus your attention on the link we use on shoutouts now to send potential clients to our stores.

Before we used the link that sent users directly to a product page. Then we found out that it is better to combine several items in one shoutout and set the link to a product category page. Now we see better conversions when we add a link to search results page on our stores.

Here is an example:

BnNeloU.png

82261f31-af16-4211-97ff-c63994c55fe8

Text:
Best Game Of Thrones Theme Items from @superblings
Click LINK IN MY PROFILE to get it!
FREE SHIPPING worldwide
Money back guarantee ✅

And here is a link: http://superblings.com/?s=game+of+thrones+
1Q08uZ0.jpg

2. Instagram Ads

Another great strategy that we discovered recently is official advertising on Instagram. Low cost and good ROI so far.

To start running such ads first you need to switch your store Instagram account to a business one. Here is the instruction:

1. Go to settings
xUon009.png

and switch to business account.
PNzKk73.png

Having a business account will give you access to different analytical tools. You can learn about your most popular posts, users activity, demography, etc. You will receive first stats after a week approximately.

2. Log in your Facebook profile and connect your Facebook page.

HGuXmBT.png

Add your contact details and you are done. Your business account is created.

Now it's time for promotion.

Select one of your already published posts and click Promote.

ZIXH2FX.png

Then you need to setup your campaign and select your audience.
I0vJUZU.png

osPuInd.png

After it's done, Instagram will calculate advertising costs and period for running your promo. You can accept these conditions or can make changes. You will need to add your credit card to pay for every click. Your advertising campaign will launched after moderation.

If you decide to try this method, I strongly recommend that you review advertising Policies first. I know about situations when people got their commercial accounts suspended after moderation of their ads.

gSHpuDw.png

Leave your comments and ask questions if you need more details!

Tenario

Hi Yaros, would you please give a current update not replying by displaying this post? Because I have already read this post before and I need your new post about the progress not old one. For example you said that you were making $250 net profit, is it still the same? Thanks

Yaros

Staff member
Hi Yaros, would you please give a current update not replying by displaying this post? Because I have already read this post before and I need your new post about the progress not old one. For example you said that you were making $250 net profit, is it still the same? Thanks
Yes, Instagram ads still work fine for our stores.

Solomon Q

Question to all -

Is it ok to sell stuff like the Game Of Thrones branded products, Superman stuff etc? Aren't there copyright infringement issues here?

Just curious.
Thanks

Bamise

Actually, i think you can, because personally i do that also, and its also help in driving traffic its a ranked Words and also the number of the time its been mentioned on your site bring more, so its possible and NO ISSUES on Copyright Infrigement

Solomon Q

Actually, i think you can, because personally i do that also, and its also help in driving traffic its a ranked Words and also the number of the time its been mentioned on your site bring more, so its possible and NO ISSUES on Copyright Infrigement

Your answer is inconclusive. You're basically saying you think it is ok because you do it yourself and also because it drives traffic to your site. Has anyone on here had any issues? I remember @kingpin saying somewhere if my memory is correct, that he stays away from branded products. @kingpin, could you kindly shed some light on what you meant by that in relation to this question? Your response will be much appreciated. Thanks

And please don't misunderstand me, I'm just trying to clear any ambiguities and muddiness so that people can 'confidently' market their products without any fears - real or perceived.

Anghel

Your answer is inconclusive. You're basically saying you think it is ok because you do it yourself and also because it drives traffic to your site. Has anyone on here had any issues? I remember @kingpin saying somewhere if my memory is correct, that he stays away from branded products. @kingpin, could you kindly shed some light on what you meant by that in relation to this question? Your response will be much appreciated. Thanks

And please don't misunderstand me, I'm just trying to clear any ambiguities and muddiness so that people can 'confidently' market their products without any fears - real or perceived.
Hi, I think it's better to stay away from branded products, there are copyright infrigement issues. I have seen someone being sued because he sold Gucci handbags without permission and he was forced to pay by the court a 2 million dollars fine. It was stated on his website as a notice, can't find the website but if I find it, I will edit this post. Fortunately I saw that post before creating my website and buying a domain name and that made me search for other niches.

Solomon Q

Hi, I think it's better to stay away from branded products, there are copyright infringement issues. I have seen someone being sued because he sold Gucci handbags without permission and he was forced to pay by the court a 2 million dollars fine. It was stated on his website as a notice, can't find the website but if I find it, I will edit this post. Fortunately I saw that post before creating my website and buying a domain name and that made me search for other niches.
Yup, I totally agree - that's why when i read about these sites with Game of thrones stuff and the like there's a strange feeling about it although they make sales.

Orz

Yup, I totally agree - that's why when i read about these sites with Game of thrones stuff and the like there's a strange feeling about it although they make sales.
They make sales until they make too many sales and get caught. Honestly, I'm not sure how World of Harry hasn't been found by now. Quite lucky. If you're in the US, the punishment for copyright infringement is very severe. It's not worth it.

artmelkon

Hey @Yaros,
I know this thread is old.
First of all, Happy New Year.
I noticed that you had over 2K followers on your Instagram account.
Did you reach that number before running ads, or you just start running ads?
Thanks