[METHOD] STRIPE Payment Gateway

bdonkor

Today I received a letter from Stripe:

We're reaching out to let you know that the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and name provided for NAME do not match Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records. Unfortunately, if your name and TIN aren't updated by October 01, 2018, we may be required to pause your payouts. Please update your information by visiting the Tax Details section under Business Settings in your dashboard or using the following link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/taxid.

The IRS considers a TIN incorrect if either the name or number shown on an account does not match the name and number combination in its files. When updating your TIN and name, we suggest reviewing your government-issued documentation, such as an SS-4 or Letter 147C. A Letter 147C is the record of how your entity is filed with the IRS, and can be requested by calling the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line, toll free, at 1-800-829-4933.

We appreciate you taking the time to do this update. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

I have currently 0000 in the field i should edit. (see attachment) What should I do? I don't have LLC or EIN or SSN or anything else in US and i'm from Europe. It's been working fine for over 9 months so far.

I live in Ghana but I use Stripe without any issues. Please if need EIN, get your LLC registered with Delaware Business Incorporators with this link
https://www.delawarebusinessincorporators.com/?rfsn=2361081.2b5c55

bdonkor

D.Webstore;

I have SSN; I had it when I was student at US. and I am Turkish and living at Turkey :)

Can I use '''''Stripe + Payoneer + Viabox + Skype Phone'''''' combination to start?

Do you think it work?

Cheers

I understand you live in Turkey, I live in Ghana but I was able to lunch my dropshipping business with this guide I found online. Here is the link, you can use it to lunch your business today. It combines USA LLC, USA toll free numbers, stripe and the rest you need to start https://ecommerceintegrity.com/start-dropshipping/

bdonkor

I'm currently using two companies to get payments from my customers which are PayPal & Payoneer. However I heard a lot about Stripe payment gateway but unfortunately it doesn't work in my country and therefore I had to apply for PayPal & Payoneer. Even though, the Payoneer fees (Listed here) compared to Stripe are too much high but I didn't had any other way to setup my business online. So hopefully PayPal & Payoneer will work for you if you would give them a TRY!

Hmmm payoneer is not a payment gateway but you can connect it to your USA payment gateway. Is that why you mean?

However you can use Stripe and Flutterwave payment gateways from everywhere in the world, you don't have to live in the USA. I live in Ghana and the guide below helped me to set up my dropshipping business, first I registered my LLC in the USA
https://ecommerceintegrity.com/start-dropshipping/

bdonkor

Has anyone received this email from Stripe? What did You answer and how did it go?

Thanks for using Stripe!
We're writing to request some additional information that we couldn't verify using your account. In order to continue transferring funds to you on time, would you mind providing the following information:
  • tracking numbers for your shipments
  • a 8-9 photos of your inventory
  • receipts or proof of contract with the vendors for your business
  • a social media profile for you or your business (i.e. Facebook or Twitter) that has the email associated with your Stripe account in the about section of your profile
  • a contact section on your site including a phone number and physical address for customers to contact should they need to get in touch with you
Any documents or photos can be attached in your reply to this email. As soon as we can verify these details, your account will be all set to again automatically transfer funds to your bank account.

NO I haven't received that before, it looks strange, what kind of products are you selling, and are you using an LLC to register, it the fastest way. I used this guide to start Dropshipping and it was that easy to use Stripe and Fluttawave, see it here https://ecommerceintegrity.com/start-dropshipping/

otk

I've been using Stripe for almost 2 years, registered with this method. Have an EIN that I got via phone call and it is verified, but now I received a new e-mail from stripe:

Thanks for using Stripe! We're excited to have you on board, and just need to collect a bit more information to ensure we can continue sending payouts to your bank account[1].

Don't worry: you'll still be able to charge payments. As soon as we are able to successfully verify your account, we will immediately resume transfers to your bank account.

In order to get your Stripe account fully up and running, we need to have you upload a scan or photograph of a government-issued photo ID via the Dashboard. (We weren't able to verify your identity based on the information you provided upon setup.)

Now I don't recall uploading a photo ID before (im from Europe). I wonder what to do now? Upload my european ID, I will be banned from Stripe?

jj82

I've been using Stripe for almost 2 years, registered with this method. Have an EIN that I got via phone call and it is verified, but now I received a new e-mail from stripe:

Thanks for using Stripe! We're excited to have you on board, and just need to collect a bit more information to ensure we can continue sending payouts to your bank account[1].

Don't worry: you'll still be able to charge payments. As soon as we are able to successfully verify your account, we will immediately resume transfers to your bank account.

In order to get your Stripe account fully up and running, we need to have you upload a scan or photograph of a government-issued photo ID via the Dashboard. (We weren't able to verify your identity based on the information you provided upon setup.)

Now I don't recall uploading a photo ID before (im from Europe). I wonder what to do now? Upload my european ID, I will be banned from Stripe?

Hi,
have you solve the problem? I want to know more info about, I am from Europe too und want to know if Stripe works with the method of the first page anymore.

jj82

Yes, you are right but I didn't want, for now, to spend for a company in Usa. I want to build a company in EU and want to send to the USA too. I am reading books about marketing and collecting informations (also from this forum). I thought that an EIN was simple as a US Company, for now. Direct Webstore you are a very active member in this forum, thanks for all the info, not only in this thread.

Direct Webstore

want to build a company in EU and want to send to the USA too.

So you don't live in any of these EU countries that Stripe supports? You can still sell to US customers if you're based in Europe. I'm based in Australia, have a Stripe account attached to an Australian bank and the U.S is my biggest customer base.

jj82

So you don't live in any of these EU countries that Stripe supports? You can still sell to US customers if you're based in Europe. I'm based in Australia, have a Stripe account attached to an Australian bank and the U.S is my biggest customer base.

Thanks! I live in one of this countries but I wanted also to send from one State to another inside US but the best way is to send from China, at the beginning and than to open a LLC in US if I want to buy and send inside US

Direct Webstore

Yes, I wanted to choose that option. Thank you for your time
So now you can just go ahead and make a Stripe account based in Europe, still be able to sell to Americans, still use "Ships from U.S" and forget about any LLC hassles and rubbish in America.

BTW ... you can also use U.S dollars as your stores base currency too if you wish.

A little research goes a long way ... ;)

jj82

Yes. I will search a little bit more here in the forum and in the alidropship web page. Have a nice day :)

KGoyal

Yes. If your LLC is a SINGLE MEMBER, then see the example below in the attachment.

You will also need to have and put valid U.S business address in the SS-4. If you don't have one, let me know I will provide you a link for getting one.
Hi Boyan,
How to get U.S. address, please share link or give some pointers. Thanks in advance.

chris37

I used my own address, just change the country and zip code according to my bank's, works for me
Check this thread I wrote, Stripe doesn't accept Payoneer's bank account anymore
https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...countries-solution-stripe-transferwise.16493/
@KGoyal hi.

First start with the knowledge tab in the header , next use the search icon of this forum, if you don't fine what you looking for, then you create a thread,
This forum is full of repeating question!!!