[METHOD] STRIPE Payment Gateway

boyan

I tried to call them many times, how do you guys get a conversation with the agent, i couldn't access to no one, the automatic response saying just chose to get info about IRS etc. there is no option to talk to an agent! any help will be highly appreciated!!

What are you trying to do? If you are a non-US resident and your plan was to apply for an EIN number for your business you must send the SS-4 application by fax to +1 (855) 641-6935 and then wait 4-5 business days, then call +1-800-829-4933 to receive your EIN number.

+1-800-829-4933 is the phone number for business applicants. IRS no longer gives EIN numbers over the phone.

boyan

So i have created a new LLC, should i mention that in the SS-4?

Yes. If your LLC is a SINGLE MEMBER, then see the example below in the attachment.

You will also need to have and put valid U.S business address in the SS-4. If you don't have one, let me know I will provide you a link for getting one.

Attachments

• ss4_example-1.jpg
    ss4_example-1.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 83

7toun

Yes. If your LLC is a SINGLE MEMBER, then see the example below in the attachment.

You will also need to have and put valid U.S business address in the SS-4. If you don't have one, let me know I will provide you a link for getting one.
Thanks Boyan, i have already purchased my USA physical address :/. so i will not pay any taxes until i have my supplier in the USA right! because my supplier is based in CHINA right!

eYassin

Hi Kristijan! Thank you for advice!

Please lеt me know how you verify your account via SMS? I bought Sonetel number but Sonetell support told me that "Sonetel service may not be used for identity validation or verification at websites related to banking or any other third party website or online service". here is the link for rulles: vhttp://sonetel.com/en/help/help-topics/phone-numbers/can-i-send-and-receive-sms/

I tryed to verify my account but did not get any sms via Sonetel. How you guys did it? What service did you use? Really need you support!

Please use TextNow app and get your USA number

aminech

Is this method still working ?
On stripe activation page a SSN is still required even if you have an EIN

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 54
Is this method still working ?
On stripe activation page a SSN is still required even if you have an EIN

I think it's asking because you put as sole propriator or individual. If you are LLC and provide the EIN, you should have no problem with that.

I think the only way to get Stripe as a payment gateway is registering an LLC in the US.

DeamondZ

Good day
Yesterday registered in Stripe as a sole proprietor via payoneer (with no LLC in the US). Made a test purchase. For now it works

James135

Anyone else here using paypal gateway only? and how's your business going? not try this way yet, because my country doesnt include Stripe list

StephenHawk

Anyone else here using paypal gateway only? and how's your business going? not try this way yet, because my country doesnt include Stripe list
I'm currently using two companies to get payments from my customers which are PayPal & Payoneer. However I heard a lot about Stripe payment gateway but unfortunately it doesn't work in my country and therefore I had to apply for PayPal & Payoneer. Even though, the Payoneer fees (Listed here) compared to Stripe are too much high but I didn't had any other way to setup my business online. So hopefully PayPal & Payoneer will work for you if you would give them a TRY!

aminech

I'm currently using two companies to get payments from my customers which are PayPal & Payoneer. However I heard a lot about Stripe payment gateway but unfortunately it doesn't work in my country and therefore I had to apply for PayPal & Payoneer. Even though, the Payoneer fees (Listed here) compared to Stripe are too much high but I didn't had any other way to setup my business online. So hopefully PayPal & Payoneer will work for you if you would give them a TRY!

Payoneer is not a payment gateway, can you explain how are you using it to process payments ?

otk

Today I received a letter from Stripe:

We're reaching out to let you know that the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and name provided for NAME do not match Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records. Unfortunately, if your name and TIN aren't updated by October 01, 2018, we may be required to pause your payouts. Please update your information by visiting the Tax Details section under Business Settings in your dashboard or using the following link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/taxid.

The IRS considers a TIN incorrect if either the name or number shown on an account does not match the name and number combination in its files. When updating your TIN and name, we suggest reviewing your government-issued documentation, such as an SS-4 or Letter 147C. A Letter 147C is the record of how your entity is filed with the IRS, and can be requested by calling the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line, toll free, at 1-800-829-4933.

We appreciate you taking the time to do this update. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

I have currently 0000 in the field i should edit. (see attachment) What should I do? I don't have LLC or EIN or SSN or anything else in US and i'm from Europe. It's been working fine for over 9 months so far.

Attachments

• tin.jpg
    tin.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 19

kristijan95

Today I received a letter from Stripe:

We're reaching out to let you know that the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and name provided for NAME do not match Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records. Unfortunately, if your name and TIN aren't updated by October 01, 2018, we may be required to pause your payouts. Please update your information by visiting the Tax Details section under Business Settings in your dashboard or using the following link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/taxid.

The IRS considers a TIN incorrect if either the name or number shown on an account does not match the name and number combination in its files. When updating your TIN and name, we suggest reviewing your government-issued documentation, such as an SS-4 or Letter 147C. A Letter 147C is the record of how your entity is filed with the IRS, and can be requested by calling the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line, toll free, at 1-800-829-4933.

We appreciate you taking the time to do this update. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

I have currently 0000 in the field i should edit. (see attachment) What should I do? I don't have LLC or EIN or SSN or anything else in US and i'm from Europe. It's been working fine for over 9 months so far.

you should get your EIN and type it in stripe account, mine is still running and they didn't send me email cause I typed EIN when I started all of it

otk

I had entered 123456789 in the beginning. I got a EIN from IRS now through phone call, trying to enter it but Stripe doesn't recognize it. Hope it's a matter of time and it will get recognized before 1st Oct.

kristijan95

I had entered 123456789 in the beginning. I got a EIN from IRS now through phone call, trying to enter it but Stripe doesn't recognize it. Hope it's a matter of time and it will get recognized before 1st Oct.

hmm strange, did you hear it correct maybe you missed some number, mine worked perfectly when I typed it in

caner

Guys why don't you try 2checkout?? I am using this system. and you don't need to have a bank account in USA

otk

hmm strange, did you hear it correct maybe you missed some number, mine worked perfectly when I typed it in

I double checked it with her. Also double checked my name (spelled letter by letter). Wonder if it's possible to verify the EIN via phone, if i got it right and they got my name right? Gonna find out if nothing changes. Don't really want to use the 'contact us' form either in Stripe, maybe they will look at my old EIN 123456789 and decide to close my account or something.

Guys why don't you try 2checkout?? I am using this system. and you don't need to have a bank account in USA
Can't use it from my country