Just another day in dropshipping customer service

meeyule

So I post a product link (Pic, title and description) on my Facebook page. A few minutes later I see that someone commented:
Woman 1: " Precio?"
My Spanish is practically non-existant, but I figure she's asking for the price, so I give her the price in USD. I also remind her that all will be revealed if she just clicks on the link.
Woman 1: "En pesos??"
As there are quite a few countries that use pesos, I have to first wade through her timeline to figure out where the hell she's from, then I use xe.com to calculate the price in Argentinian pesos.
I also decide to be pro-active and add Argentinian pesos to the currency options before she asks me for another price, and tell her that I've done so.

No reply, then half an hour later I get a notification from (presumably) one of her friends:
Woman 2: "Hacen envios"
Me: (in my best Google-Translated Spanish): "Yes, we ship worldwide, and there is no extra cost"
Woman 2: "Y que cantidad"
Me: "¿Y qué cantidad qué?"
Woman 2: "The clothes, and how can I pay"
So I sigh deeply, and tell her that I have no idea which clothes she wants to buy, but that all prices are on the website and that she can pay with Paypal or Credit card, that we ship all over the world for free, and that clicking on the link before asking me questions would really be immensely enlightening for her.

No reply

meeyule

LOL
Another message in Spanish, this time from Mexico. Same thread:
"I want it! Where can I buy it???"

I feel like answering "Definitely not by clicking on the link. Whatever you do, DON'T CLICK ON THAT LINK!"

meeyule

I get these messages quite often. o_O
hehe I have 2 dropshipping stores in 2 different niches. On the one I hardly ever get this sort of message, on this one I get many. I guess the average fan of this niche just isn't very intelligent :)

meeyule

Use autoreply bots for facebook posts
Let me elaborate: In my opinion, an autoreply bot is the best way to give your store a bad reputation. If a potential customer asks me a stupid question like "Do you ship worldwide" (while it clearly says so on the site), I'd rather just sigh deeply and give a polite reply, than have a bot reply "Awesome" or something else inane. The posts are publicly visible, and if the replies are obviously coming from an automated source, your customer service reputation is going to suffer.

kingpin

Let me elaborate: In my opinion, an autoreply bot is the best way to give your store a bad reputation. If a potential customer asks me a stupid question like "Do you ship worldwide" (while it clearly says so on the site), I'd rather just sigh deeply and give a polite reply, than have a bot reply "Awesome" or something else inane. The posts are publicly visible, and if the replies are obviously coming from an automated source, your customer service reputation is going to suffer.

You're right about those old outdated bots they ruin the reputation.

new AI cloud based bots are available in the market now.

AI Cloud based bots that understand keywords and phrases and accordingly reply to comments, i was talking about

meeyule

You're right about those old outdated bots they ruin the reputation.

new AI cloud based bots are available in the market now.

AI Cloud based bots that understand keywords and phrases and accordingly reply to comments, i was talking about
Sorry, but in my opinion nothing beats real person-to-person interaction.

kevgl

hehe I have 2 dropshipping stores in 2 different niches. On the one I hardly ever get this sort of message, on this one I get many. I guess the average fan of this niche just isn't very intelligent :)
Or there is something the customer is not seeing, or it's just all way to confusing for them, can think of a few but you get the picture, right? It can be literally anything.

Direct Webstore

Usually it's just due to the well known fact that 80% of the World's population are lazy minded idiots. (well known to the remaining 20%, that is) lol :)
Actually... I first discovered that myself decades ago as a teenager working part time in a large department store. HEAPS of customers would bring me items asking how much they were ... I didn't have a clue ... so I looked at the price tag/sticker on the item and told them.

Last edited:

kevgl

Actually... I first discovered that myself decades ago as a teenager working part time in a large department store. HEAPS of customers would bring me items asking how much they were ... I didn't have a clue ... so I looked at the price tag/sticker on the item and told them.
Oh wow. Was there any confusing involed with how much % off? I have worked part time in a store too but never got this kind of questions. However i got loaded simple questions like "wheres this?" well... right next to you..

kevgl

It is an interesting thing though, people messaging about stuff but still looks like they are overthinking too much to make purchases.
People message me mostly from Instagram. Asking me how i am, some sending photos of random stuff, and some weird ones too, but hey, i don't mind.

So let's sum some things up..
Facebook: possible to add clickable link in posts.
Instagram: only possible to add clickable link in BIO. Not possible to send link in chat.
Twitter: possible to add clickable links in posts.
Pinterest: possible to add clickable link in posts (manually).

How to fight lazyness.. Everythings clear on the site right..

meeyule

On my other Instagram account, I have a picture of a girl wearing jewellery that I sell as my profile pic. I get many dudes (mainly from Pakistan) trying to flirt with me via DMs. I often get dick pics too. Then I send them this in return:

rat.jpg

I never hear from them again.