How I got my first sales with Google Shopping with no experience in E-com and digital marketing {with detailed reports}

girlfromblacksea

Hello, dear drop shippers:)

My name is Helena and I would like to share with you my story. Two months have gone since I launched my first store and it has already made $2360 revenue. Of course, it's not big numbers, but I had no experience in ecom and digital marketing( but in past I run chocolate production and successfully sold it after two years) and I think it is a good result for beginner like me. In this thread I will describe all my previous and future steps.
I will be grateful if you also share your ideas with me and give experienced advises.

Let the story begin...

My very first production business I launched with sufficient investment and around half or this money was lost for unnecessary expenses that I believed would lead me to profit. I realized one thing- business doesn't require investment in the beginning, it requires a lot of work and testing. That's why I limited investment to my new project by 1000$. If I can't make money from 1000$ it means that I simply can't make money=)))

I didn't make any niche research, just found nice things on Ali that I liked. The idea was "things that add positive vibes to your life"- mostly cute girlish stuff. I specially chose wide range of products that somehow related to my first idea. Bcs I wanted future testing to reveal where the demand is.

I added 300 items and ordered review from Alidropship team - consultation with experts always positively effected on my past business. They pointed on some minor mistakes and I was happy that I think in right direction.

Also I ordered adds pack for FB - and this was stupid decision bcs I haven't tested niche, though alidropship team offered very nice adds and complete instruction how to target.

How ban from FB helped me to find niche

I was so happy when received my Fb add pack and started to create adds. After 10 hours my Facebook account was banned, my business manager was banned as well. Next 3 weeks I tried to restore my account- I restored my account for 5 times!!! And 5 times it was banned again:mad:

So I decided to leave FB for sometime till I don't understand the reason of account suspension. I was thinking how to test niche better - using IG shoutouts or Google Shopping. Taking all factors into consideration I chose Google Shopping.

I created Google Merchant Account and uploaded feed using Google Merchant add on. After 3 days my account was reviewed and accepted. In Adwords I set conversion tracking and launched my first campaign. I did't know how should I bid and chose enhanced bidding 0.15$. After one day I've got only 200 impressions and no clicks.

Then I changed bidding strategy to Maximize Clicks and in few hours I received my very first sale! Woohooo!
Three days I was testing my store using strategy Maximize clicks - I've got 7 orders and a lot of data to analyse. These days I haven't earned anything, more than that I had around 50% losses, but it gave me idea what should I do next. Maximize clicks is a strategy when google tries to bring maximum clicks to your website and put your offer in the very top, as a result you get a lot of expensive clicks. This strategy is great for fast testing.

I analysed data from google and saw prospect niche and deleted from my store 95% of items. Next week I added new items to store and changed design of site.
Next month I tried different strategies on Google - some of them was successful, some of them not. As a result I've got $1000 sales and no profit, but no losses as well! And I've found profitable strategy for Google for my niche .
Next post I will tell you about strategies I used, results and conclusionsreport.png

Last edited:

girlfromblacksea

So the first month I focused on Google Shopping. I tested different bid sizes and found the perfect one with 400% ROI. Also I worked with negative key words and excluded general searches( like if you sell Harry Potter items, exclude exact match with "harry potter", bcs ppl may look for moovies, books or what ever and don't intend to buy anything from your store, just clicked on your ad bcs of curiousity).

After key words analyses I understand that 40% of traffic was from general searches that didn;t convert at all!

Now I use small bids and add new products daily - this strategy brought me 300$ net profit for the next month from 250 products listed. So if I list 2500 products my profit will increase=)

Conclusions about Google Shopping

• Sell high ticket products
  • Optimize bids to different products
  • Work with negative keywords
  • Analyse search requests and ad new products that demanded
Aims for the next month: 1)ad 300-500 new products 2)Test Bing Shopping ad 2)Launch shopping campaigns in developed countries.

Next posts I will share my IG shoutout and FB ad experience.

girlfromblacksea

Don't make this mistake with FB
As I told previously I was blocked on FB for many times though I followed all policies about ad.
Lately I understood reasons:
1) Name on my card was differ from my profile name and surname
2) In ad account I set USD as a currency and location Russia ( I'm from Russia, if I set location US and will use Russian credit card they will block me as well)

I wanted account in USD and found the solution - deleted previous ad manager with bad history and set a new one with location US and Paypal as a method of payment. Now everything okay and the second month of my dropshipping journey I tested fb ad .

I took the most popular products from shopping ad on google and tried to advertise them using video content.
Looks like I learned how to target well bcs FB always give me 9 points relevant score and I've got really cheap webpages views varied from 0.05$ to 0,15$ per landing page view ( click is even cheaper)

BUT conversion rate was extremely low!!!!
I definitely do smth wrong , I think , I should try funnel - now I'm looking for interesting and useful Info about traffic funnels. Smth, I've found in posts of @kingpin and will try his approaches.

Few words about targeting. To get high relevant score I overlap interests. For example, I sold corgi bookmark and tried several audience
First: Targeted ppl with interests related to corgi( around 8 interests) and reading
Second: I used 3 overlaps - ppl with 4 corgi interests narrowed with ppl with another 4 corgi interests and narrowed with reading interests.

In the second group I had purchases and the in first - no. I do this overlapping to find real fans. And that's why get high relevancy score from fb. Also I target only developed countries.

Today starting with simple thing -post viral video with promo slide in the end. Next week will share my results.

Attachments

• corgi butt.png
    corgi butt.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

girlfromblacksea

Today I felt a bit desperate:""(( Bcs last two weeks I've tested 3 more niches and realized that they are bad for me. Okay, I understand that failures are a part of success , but I really hate them:mad:

I used google shopping and IG Shoutouts for testing. Google showed too high competition, influencers' instagrams in those niches have bad quality audience( I've checked around 150 accounts and advertised in 5)

I felt very upset and decided to make a one day holiday =)) BTW if there are any Moslems on forum , I congratulate you with Uraza Bayram;)

So my first store I will keep general and use it for my marketing experiments with FB ad, IG shoutouts and google ad and meantime continue to test another niches. I wanna make not just another dropship store, I wanna bring a value to people using my expertise and experience. That's why I'm testing niches that I'm passionate about and I do believe that I will find one with good market opportunity=)

I wanna test more IG shoutouts and share with you my approach about influencers' accounts evaluation and product picking - seems I started to understand smth, just need to collect more data.

yuna73

As I told previously I was blocked on FB for many times though I followed all policies about ad.
2) In ad account I set USD as a currency and location Russia ( I'm from Russia, if I set location US and will use Russian credit card they will block me as well)

I wanted account in USD and found the solution - deleted previous ad manager with bad history and set a new one with location US and Paypal as a method of payment. Now everything okay and the second month of my dropshipping journey I tested fb ad .

I took the most popular products from shopping ad on google and tried to advertise them using video content.
Looks like I learned how to target well bcs FB always give me 9 points relevant score and I've got really cheap webpages views varied from 0.05$ to 0,15$ per landing page view ( click is even cheaper)

I definitely do smth wrong , I think , I should try funnel - now I'm looking for interesting and useful Info about traffic funnels. Smth, I've found in posts of @kingpin and will try his approaches.

Few words about targeting. To get high relevant score I overlap interests. For example, I sold corgi bookmark and tried several audience
First: Targeted ppl with interests related to corgi( around 8 interests) and reading
Second: I used 3 overlaps - ppl with 4 corgi interests narrowed with ppl with another 4 corgi interests and narrowed with reading interests.

In the second group I had purchases and the in first - no. I do this overlapping to find real fans. And that's why get high relevancy score from fb. Also I target only developed countries.

Today starting with simple thing -post viral video with promo slide in the end. Next week will share my results.

Hello ! Your experience is very interesting and thank you for sharing !
But i didn't get what you meant about the location, you meant when you create an facebook account you have to set a location ? and it has to be the same as the currency used in the account ? Why do you want your account to be in dollar ? isn't it the same if you are charged in russian currency ?
And i didn't get the second Targeting : "Second: I used 3 overlaps - ppl with 4 corgi interests narrowed with ppl with another 4 corgi interests and narrowed with reading interests." >> I dn't understand how you can target people with 4 corgi interests and then again with 4 corgi interests...

yuna73

Today I felt a bit desperate:""(( Bcs last two weeks I've tested 3 more niches and realized that they are bad for me. Okay, I understand that failures are a part of success , but I really hate them:mad:

I used google shopping and IG Shoutouts for testing. Google showed too high competition, influencers' instagrams in those niches have bad quality audience( I've checked around 150 accounts and advertised in 5)

I felt very upset and decided to make a one day holiday =)) BTW if there are any Moslems on forum , I congratulate you with Uraza Bayram;)

So my first store I will keep general and use it for my marketing experiments with FB ad, IG shoutouts and google ad and meantime continue to test another niches. I wanna make not just another dropship store, I wanna bring a value to people using my expertise and experience. That's why I'm testing niches that I'm passionate about and I do believe that I will find one with good market opportunity=)

I wanna test more IG shoutouts and share with you my approach about influencers' accounts evaluation and product picking - seems I started to understand smth, just need to collect more data.
You said you tried 3 more niches, does it mean that you create 3 dropshipping webstores ??
The first time you said you were quite successful with google shopping, why don't you go on with it then ?

girlfromblacksea

Hello ! Your experience is very interesting and thank you for sharing !
But i didn't get what you meant about the location, you meant when you create an facebook account you have to set a location ? and it has to be the same as the currency used in the account ? Why do you want your account to be in dollar ? isn't it the same if you are charged in russian currency ?
And i didn't get the second Targeting : "Second: I used 3 overlaps - ppl with 4 corgi interests narrowed with ppl with another 4 corgi interests and narrowed with reading interests." >> I dn't understand how you can target people with 4 corgi interests and then again with 4 corgi interests...

You can set any location for your ad account that could be different from location of your personal FB account. In new Russian accounts our national currency should be set. If I use Russian I account I have to pay VAT 20% for ad. That's not fair bcs I don't do business in Russia, I don't have customers from there. As well I don't wanna loose % on currency conversion.

About targeting - I had 8 different interests related to corgi that were divided in two groups and then overlapped

You said you tried 3 more niches, does it mean that you create 3 dropshipping webstores ??
The first time you said you were quite successful with google shopping, why don't you go on with it then ?

I tried 3 niches on the one domain, just lead traffic to different parts of site. So for test I think it's better to choose domain that can be used for different niches.

I tried google shopping and result wasn't satisfactory for these niches. GS is effective when you have sufficient search queries and have lower prices than your competitors.

GS works good for my first store

Direct Webstore

POST REMOVED BY MOD
If you're going to SPAM threads with your low class affilliate links, at least make the product compatiple with the Alidropship plugins. This "Builderall" rubbish is not.

I see you have only made 7 posts on this forum and SIX of them are SPAM affiliate links for this "Builderall" garbage. Grow a brain mate.

Sobbee

I'm testing products with FB ads, conversion rates are really low... Gotta keep trying till i bleed out.. LOL

julieh

Thank you @girlfromblacksea

I am new to dropshipping and alidropship. I think my niche is good but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Your story is really helpful and interesting. I hope you keep updating it. :)

jacoplee

With the same problem, FB blocked my 3 accounts because I didn't use my own information. Facebook always wants your real information for advertising.

jacoplee

Very grateful for your sharing, I‘m just ready to try Google Shopping Ads, my first try a year ago and failed. Now I am tired of work, restarting the dropship a month ago, fortunately, I received the first order, big encouragement.
You share hope, thank you

Stiipper

Thank you for your story, really interesting and nice that you are sharing your experience. Somebody can teach from that. I wish I could do the same thing as you have done, but I had less time to do all the steps. Some time ago I opened an online store, to cut it short, I am a reseller but I am doing it pretty well. Firstly, I made an online site and I was trying to sell all the products online, but I was not able to do that just because nobody have ever heard about my site. That's why I ordered SEO services on this site inquivix.com to be helped. After that, I began to sell almost everything and now I am the biggest reseller in the town

Last edited: