Hide "Ships From China" Option

EdlerFalke

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to do that for one product.

However, my question was, how to do it in "BULK" for a whole lot of products in one procedure?
I thought that was the answer.
The plugin itself does not offer this function.

Note: I also wanted to change something for all my products. Unfortunately, there is also no bulk function. But you can write a script that goes through all products and then edits them. Unfortunately this takes a very long time (1000 products = 8 hours). At least with me. Because for each product a new tab had to be opened -> The product had to be loaded completely in the tab and only then it could be edited. That was all about Linux & virtual machine. Maybe you'll find a better solution. It would be nice if you told me.

TL;DR = The plugin itself does not offer this function.

Sadoun

Also, how do you turn OFF (disable) other shipping locations (or any other attribute) in listings in "BULK"?
For example, I may have 50 listings that have China and Russia as shipping from locations. I don't want to go one by one and disable Russia and change China to Nearest warehouse. This would take me a lot of time.

If there is a plug in or a way to do it in bulk, I would love to hear about it.

EdlerFalke

Also, how do you turn OFF (disable) other shipping locations (or any other attribute) in listings in "BULK"?
For example, I may have 50 listings that have China and Russia as shipping from locations. I don't want to go one by one and disable Russia and change China to Nearest warehouse. This would take me a lot of time.

If there is a plug in or a way to do it in bulk, I would love to hear about it.
You can only write scripts, macro or use programs that simulate user input. There are some browsers with macro extensions. You click through everything once and estimate the approximate time, for example when loading the page, or you use the function - "If page-loaded-ready, then". You should set the macro like this: Just open one tab at a time, edit it and save it, then close the tab. If you have 50 tabs open, it will consume a lot of resources. While the macro is running you can't do anything else on the screen. Before you go to sleep or eat or go shopping or, or, or... you start the macro ;) Another possibility is not known to me either. Or, you have to do it manually.

The plugin does not have such a function at the moment.

You could post this suggestion in the forum. For example, I want you to be able to edit it in bulk, as you like. But also as update and reset for all/selection - in bulk. Maybe these functions cost too many resources and are complicated to implement.

Sadoun

Thanks EdlerFalke, you are mot kind and generous with your time. I appreciate you looking into it and making your suggestions above.

EdlerFalke

Thanks EdlerFalke, you are mot kind and generous with your time. I appreciate you looking into it and making your suggestions above.
I have tested many macros now and these are my top 3. (All extensions for Chrome because of AliDropship plugin)
Kantu Browser Automation
wildfire
iMacros
Some are overloaded and you can do too much, which then again overwhelms you.

I'm using Wildfire now because it's easy to use xD

Note: Loading the pages completely takes the most time, otherwise the macro now takes 15 seconds on average per product. If the macro should execute "save changes" AND "publish", this increases to 20 seconds.

fpesca

Correct, some of them look absolutely useless but all of them are participating in building product variations. Deleting any of them will break any sync with AliExpress. So, I really have no idea how it can work other way. I have checked some other popular solutions like Oberlo, no way for removing attributes.
@Yaros what happens if I keep the attribute "ships from", give it a default value = "China", remove the flag "used for variations" and make the attribute not visible? Would this break the connection?

thanks

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros what happens if I keep the attribute "ships from", give it a default value = "China", remove the flag "used for variations" and make the attribute not visible? Would this break the connection?

thanks
it will not affect the connection.

peebee10

For Bulk Edit there is a premium Woocommerce plugin available on Envato Market ($27 USD): https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-advanced-bulk-edit/8011417

I use it myself and it is brilliant. Yes, "Ships From" is a bulk editable option, as is every other variation/attribute. Being as comprehensive as it is, there is a bit of an initial learning curve involved but it is really quite intuitive and easy to manage once you get the hang of it. You can save so much time. Small price to pay for the benefits provided. Highly recommended.

PS: I have nothing to do with development of this plugin, no affiliation/commission - just a very satisfied customer.

Direct Webstore

Dont be just such a smug-s... u think everybody see the same thing u see.
It's just a fact that this forum has many idiots. I did not make it so. It's just a fact. If you can't handle my light hearted humour regarding it because you fall into that category ... well, that's life. The subjects of jokes rarely laugh, unless of course they have a sense of humour and don't take themselves too seriously.

:)

Direct Webstore

PS: I have nothing to do with development of this plugin, no affiliation/commission - just a very satisfied customer.
Don't worry about it. Anyone in a forum related to e-commerce and making money online complaining about someone making affiliate fees online is a pedantic idiot. And like my post above said ... there's a few of them in this forum. lol :)

As far as I'm concerned If you or anyone else ever ARE an affiliate for a useful plugin ... don't hesitate to recommend it.

:)

Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue with the woo plugin. You can make the changes outlined in the chart in the alidropship version and not the woo.

argentino

For example, I had a product published with variable prices, 7 dollars sent from France and 14 dollars sent from China, the subject that from France did not send to my country, and the order happened the same. Conclusion, It was bought at 7 but it costs me 14. I wish I could configure only China, at least for my country.

alphanakay

No, it will not break any connections.

Hi there I removed all variations except from USA. And made it NOT VISIBLE on WooCommerce attribute settings. And I made a test order and it did not work as it is not selected. Is there an option to auto select the one and only variation SHIP from USA?

alphanakay

Can you check although the ships from is not checked as VISIBLE it still displays on product page. Can someone help?

Attributes screenshot
Screenshot_2020-04-14-09-19-52-018_com.opera.browser.jpg

Variations Screenshot

Screenshot_2020-04-14-09-22-37-350_com.opera.browser.jpg

And Product page

Screenshot_2020-04-14-09-22-53-379_com.opera.browser.jpg

SHIPS FROM is still visible on frontend. How can I hide it without effecting Sync? Thanks in advance.

chris37

@Yaros . If I hide the ship from the product page (with the "don't show this attribute for variation" in the attribute setting woo plugin) it's gonna broke the connection with ali expres ?

Last edited: