Hide "Ships From China" Option

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros
Thank you, but that's a serious thing and I think there should be some warning. I've got a lot of work to do now.

Is there any way to hide certain attributes without hiding all of them? I don't want the shipping location or seller's name to show, but I do want to show things like material.

It would be great if this were addressed in a future update. I'm no expert, but I don't see how deleting a variation can break updating stock count and prices.
Unfortunately, there is no any way to remove attributes without damaging the variation connections and I guess we can do nothing here.

shifubill

Unfortunately, there is no any way to remove attributes without damaging the variation connections and I guess we can do nothing here.

That's very disappointing for a plugin that's been in development for so long to have such a serious limitation. If it's not possible to remove this limitation, there should at least be a warning before removing attributes through the Chrome plugin.

Yaros

Staff member
That's very disappointing for a plugin that's been in development for so long to have such a serious limitation. If it's not possible to remove this limitation, there should at least be a warning before removing attributes through the Chrome plugin.
This is not the development issue, it is the way AliExpress product variations work, with any plugins and platforms.

shifubill

The information is pulled from the API, right? Could the data for all attributes not be pulled, the ones that were not deleted updated, and the ones that were deleted discarded?

Yaros

Staff member
The information is pulled from the API, right? Could the data for all attributes not be pulled, the ones that were not deleted updated, and the ones that were deleted discarded?
We do not use any API, product import comes with the help of Google Chrome extension.

shifubill

Well, I can see how that would present a problem, but I don't understand why the information can't be retrieved and the unneeded information discarded while the needed information is updated. I'm sure it would take some extra code writing but otherwise we're faced with choosing between an ugly and confusing site for the customer, or big inconvenience when products go out of stock.

Yaros

Staff member
Let's say you have a T-shirt with two attributes color and size.

Color: Red, Blue
Size: M, XL

Based on these attributes you get 4 variations:

1. Red M
2. Red XL
3. Blue M
4. Red XL

You can't purchase just a blue or just XL t-shirt on AliExpress, because such variations do not exist.

Now imagine that you remove Color attribute. As a result you get a product with only one attribute (Size) and two variations M, XL.

That's fine, you can sell such a product. But once you have a sale you will not be able to autofill your order, because the variation you sold (M or XL) does not exist on AliExpress. And you will get the same issue with auto update. The system will not find necessary variations to sync with AliExpress.

You can add and remove variations, you can change names of attributes but you can't delete them.

shifubill

I'm not speaking only of variations but also of attributes. Also, this has nothing to do with the autofill feature, but only up stock and price updates. I can understand how removing the "Ships from China" variation can break the autofill feature, though I still don't know how that can affect updating prices and stocks.
But the more important subject is deleting attributes. Some of these have nothing to do with the product, some are gibberish, some have brand names I want to remove. This is not connected to autofill.

Jin Jie

@ Yaros. Referring to your example above:
Suppose I only want to sell just a blue T-shirt. Size: M, XL. Could I delete the RED Variation?
The same as say, watches that come in 4 colors, and I only want to sell one color, so I delete the other variations.
Do these example scenarios break anything?

Yaros

Staff member
But the more important subject is deleting attributes. Some of these have nothing to do with the product, some are gibberish, some have brand names I want to remove. This is not connected to autofill.
Correct, some of them look absolutely useless but all of them are participating in building product variations. Deleting any of them will break any sync with AliExpress. So, I really have no idea how it can work other way. I have checked some other popular solutions like Oberlo, no way for removing attributes.

Yaros

Staff member
@ Yaros. Referring to your example above:
Suppose I only want to sell just a blue T-shirt. Size: M, XL. Could I delete the RED Variation?
The same as say, watches that come in 4 colors, and I only want to sell one color, so I delete the other variations.
Do these example scenarios break anything?
These scenarios will work absolutely fine!

shifubill

Correct, some of them look absolutely useless but all of them are participating in building product variations. Deleting any of them will break any sync with AliExpress. So, I really have no idea how it can work other way. I have checked some other popular solutions like Oberlo, no way for removing attributes.

Ok, I guess I'll take your word for it that it can't be remedied, but it's "breaking the connection" I don't get. I don't understand why the Chrome plugin can't just pull the price and stock only and update that. If you say it can't be done, I'm not going to try to build a better mousetrap.

ebz

How do u rename the attribute? There no rename option in EDIT, and I try using backspace to delete "China" and the button is gone and what is left is the text, I try to change that, the new text Nearest Warehouse is available, but on frontend, nothing's there, and so without choosing a shipping option the order cant be made. Also, resetting attributes doesnt work for the 'shipping from' although other attributes got resetted. "New WArehouse" stays there but on frontend it doesnt appear.

EdlerFalke

Look at my picture, the key points are marked red.
Choose a product then Go to -> Product Options -> click Attributes -> scroll down (Here you see normally "Size", "Color") To "Ship From" -> Rename it and then click "Save Changes"

I hope I could help you guys.

editShipsFrom.jpg

ebz

Good visual help! If you could also hold their hands and give them a little smack when they don't pay attention ... it would be perfect. lol :)

Dont be just such a smug-s... u think everybody see the same thing u see. This is what I see on my screen they come in buttons..I don't know what versions of plugin or wp ur using my screen says "product data" not "product options"

Attachments

• attribute-2.jpg
    attribute-2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 64
  • attributes.jpg
    attributes.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited: