Hide "Ships From China" Option

magzen

Hello,

I have a suggestion for the "Ships From China" Option that some products have, if it is possible and workable to make the possibility to hide this option and only see it in the admin panel but not in the front on the product where customers can see it, maybe have a choice in admin panel where you can click show/hide this option, hope you can take it into consideration and my input is clear.

Thanks

Attachments

• Ships-From.png
    Ships-From.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 111

Yaros

Staff member
Hello,

I have a suggestion for the "Ships From China" Option that some products have, if it is possible and workable to make the possibility to hide this option and only see it in the admin panel but not in the front on the product where customers can see it, maybe have a choice in admin panel where you can click show/hide this option, hope you can take it into consideration and my input is clear.

Thanks
There's no way to remove the Ships From attribute. In this case you will break the sync between your site and AliExpress. What you can do is simply rename China to "Nearest Warehouse", for example.

Or, if you want to only sell products that ship from the USA, but you've also got China and Russia in the list, you can delete China and Russia and rename USA to "Nearest Warehouse".

Last edited:

magzen

There's no way to remove the Ships From attribute. In this case you will break the sync between your site and AliExpress. What you can do is simply rename China to "Nearest Warehouse", for example.

Or, if you want to only sell products that ship from the USA, but you've also got China and Russia in the list, you can delete China and Russia and rename USA to "Nearest Warehouse".

Thanks for your fast reply Yaros, so if i would rename attribute China to Nearest Warehouse this would not break the sync and auto ordering process or when making price update on the product?

magzen

Also another suggestion i forgot to mention, if you have a type of products where customer needs to send photo for print on product, suggestion if you can add a option in checkout to upload the photo when making the order and limit the image size.

Yaros

Staff member
Thanks for your fast reply Yaros, so if i would rename attribute China to Nearest Warehouse this would not break the sync and auto ordering process or when making price update on the product?
yes exactly!

Yaros

Staff member
Also another suggestion i forgot to mention, if you have a type of products where customer needs to send photo for print on product, suggestion if you can add a option in checkout to upload the photo when making the order and limit the image size.
We do not have such an option as well as AliExpress does not.

shifubill

There's no way to remove the Ships From attribute. In this case you will break the sync between your site and AliExpress.

Is that also true with AliDropship Woo? I'm using that and I've deleted the "Ships from" and other unnecessary things from the attributes and everything seems to be still updating, at least the prices are. If that's not the case, there should be a big warning before removing an attribute because I'll have 3 sites with big problems.

Hi @Yaros,
I'm so sorry for tagging you. I have a question regarding this topic. Actually, I'm using Alidropship woo plugin and I don't want to show "ships from" option on the product page. and luckily woocommerce has a great feature which is I can control which variation I want to show on
my product page from the back end.
So my question is If I don't delete the "ships from" attributes but make that hide from the backend, will it break any info? like available quantity, etc?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Rabin Mahmud

Attachments

• screenshot-www.rabinsshop.com-2019.02.13-23-34-20.png
    screenshot-www.rabinsshop.com-2019.02.13-23-34-20.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 105

Yaros

Staff member
Hi @Yaros,
I'm so sorry for tagging you. I have a question regarding this topic. Actually, I'm using Alidropship woo plugin and I don't want to show "ships from" option on the product page. and luckily woocommerce has a great feature which is I can control which variation I want to show on
my product page from the back end.
So my question is If I don't delete the "ships from" attributes but make that hide from the backend, will it break any info? like available quantity, etc?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Rabin Mahmud
No, it will not break any connections.

I think he was referring to the AliDropship standard plugin, not AliDropship Woo. My question is related to yours.
Yes, he was but in my real life experience I had deleted ships from attribute for some products on my site and now I can see the full sync process is broken and those products are showing as out of stock though the products have enough quantity available on Aliexpress

shifubill

With AliDropship Woo? That's a problem, because I've been building my site that way and I had no way of knowing. If that's true, there should be some warning. I hope @Yaros will clarify this, because it could lead to a lot more work for me.

Yaros

Staff member
Yes, he was but in my real life experience I had deleted ships from attribute for some products on my site and now I can see the full sync process is broken and those products are showing as out of stock though the products have enough quantity available on Aliexpress
When you remove any attribute you destroy all variation connections. The products will not sync with AliExpress. You can fix it by clicking reset in product options. It will restore all your attributes and variations.

shifubill

@Yaros
Thank you, but that's a serious thing and I think there should be some warning. I've got a lot of work to do now.

Is there any way to hide certain attributes without hiding all of them? I don't want the shipping location or seller's name to show, but I do want to show things like material.

It would be great if this were addressed in a future update. I'm no expert, but I don't see how deleting a variation can break updating stock count and prices.