Does anyone have experience with migrating organic AliDropship store into WooCommerce?

Shine

hi,

I’m now planing to migrate my alidropship Wordpress store into WooCommerce store because I want to use third party app like storeya to import my inventory into FaceBook shop section.

Thanks in advance!

Direct Webstore

As discussed several times on this forum, it can't be done. The original plugin and WooCommerce plugin use different tables in the database. At present there is no migration script available.

Bottom line ... it can't be done. If you have a store based on the original plugin and want to setup a WooCommerce version, you'll have to start from scratch.

Cookie

Is Alidropship able to migrate it with a fee charged for the user ? this will save lot of time and effort for us instead of redoing the entire site from scratch which some of some may spent 1 to 2 months building it, esp for stores with 1000+ products. Will Alidropship consider such a service enhancement ? if the service fee is manageable am sure some of us won't mind paying for it to migrate from Alidropship to Woo.

I am on Alidropship original and realized a lot of woo plugins are not compatible as I need to enable the API key in order to add the 3rd party plugins.

Direct Webstore

Is Alidropship able to migrate it with a fee charged for the user ?

That would be a Hell of a lot of work. If it took you 2 months to do it would take someone else the same amount of time to do it again. It would cost a fortune!

Will Alidropship consider such a service enhancement ?
I doubt it. Just rewriting all the descriptions would be a monumental task ... and you may not like the descriptions they write and will have to re-write them yourself anyway. But if you hand the keys of your site over to someone else to rebuild ... you'll just have to accept that. I myself wouldn't. I like to be in 100% control of EVERYTHING on my sites.

if the service fee is manageable
It seems you want HEAPS of work done for a minimal cost. Dreaming. LOL

Just admit to a mistake and start from scratch. Really.

But anyway, having said all that, I may be wrong, but this is not the place to ask. You would be better off writing to Support. Who knows? They just may agree to do months of work for you at the same time as all their other work for a cheap as chips price.

Good Luck. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

That would be a Hell of a lot of work. If it took you 2 months to do it would take someone else the same amount of time to do it again. It would cost a fortune!

I doubt it. Just rewriting all the descriptions would be a monumental task ... and you may not like the descriptions they write and will have to re-write them yourself anyway. But if you hand the keys of your site over to someone else to rebuild ... you'll just have to accept that. I myself wouldn't. I like to be in 100% control of EVERYTHING on my sites.

It seems you want HEAPS of work done for a minimal cost. Dreaming. LOL

Just admit to a mistake and start from scratch. Really.

But anyway, having said all that, I may be wrong, but this is not the place to ask. You would be better off writing to Support. Who knows? They just may agree to do months of work for you at the same time as all their other work for a cheap as chips price.

Good Luck. :)

Am not familiar with WP/Woo. I kinda thought it's something like an export/import function where you export all the product data in a product data feed (including all the image links and the relevant info), then change the plugin and upload the data feed from the original to the woo plugin. The kind of thing say you export fom an old shopfy store and duplicate the products into a new shopify store. Maybe i got it all wrong, I assume its just an export/import thing.

Direct Webstore

The Original Alidropship plugin is basically a stand alone "shopping cart" plugin. Woo Commerce is another stand alone "shopping cart plugin. They both use totally different database tables. The Alidropship Woo plugin is just an extra plugin for WooCommerce. It's not a complete "shopping cart". It's just a Woo "addon". Many other plugins/scripts (forums, CMS's etc) have migration scripts for platforms with different database tables as they have been around for years. Alidropship does not have one. And until they get all the bugs out of it ... I doubt they will be bothered to make one anytime soon.

The database tables are not compatible. Simple as that.

Choice 1. Pay a HUGE FORTUNE for the Alidropship Team/Someone else to spend a couple of months re-creating all your work.

Choice 2. Find a freelancer and pay them a HUGE FORTUNE to develop a migration script. (Then possibly sell copies of it to regain your expenses)

Choice 3. Just stay with the Original Alidropship plugin you have now, but make a Child Theme and customize the Hell out of it. (like I did)

Choice 4. Start from scratch with the Woo plugin

Take your pick. I'd go for Choice 3 if I was you.

In my opinion, apart from the themes, the original Alidropship plugin is far superior to the Woo "addon". Especially when it comes to processing orders. The original is way more streamlined and less hassle. I've tried both. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

The Original Alidropship plugin is basically a stand alone "shopping cart" plugin. Woo Commerce is another stand alone "shopping cart plugin. They both use totally different database tables. The Alidropship Woo plugin is just an extra plugin for WooCommerce. It's not a complete "shopping cart". It's just a Woo "addon". Many other plugins/scripts (forums, CMS's etc) have migration scripts for platforms with different database tables as they have been around for years. Alidropship does not have one. And until they get all the bugs out of it ... I doubt they will be bothered to make one anytime soon.

The database tables are not compatible. Simple as that.

Choice 1. Pay a HUGE FORTUNE for the Alidropship Team/Someone else to spend a couple of months re-creating all your work.

Choice 2. Find a freelancer and pay them a HUGE FORTUNE to develop a migration script. (Then possibly sell copies of it to regain your expenses)

Choice 3. Just stay with the Original Alidropship plugin you have now, but make a Child Theme and customize the Hell out of it. (like I did)

Choice 4. Start from scratch with the Woo plugin

Take your pick. I'd go for Choice 3 if I was you.

In my opinion, apart from the themes, the original Alidropship plugin is far superior to the Woo "addon" :)

Thank you so much for the detailed SWOT analysis. You pretty much sum up my options. Yes, in a way I opted for the original thinking it will make my life easier, but realized when it comes to the marketing part, there's so many add-on and plugins that's only available to woo,

So this path (Choice 3) was what you've taken as well ? Meaning u started with original, then realized its' shortcomings and procreated a child theme to work around it ?

Great, so now I've to CSI how to do up a child theme. Will read up more on this, thank you so much.

Direct Webstore

there's so many add-on and plugins that's only available to woo,

Not really that many that would make any major difference ... and if you're patient, they will eventually be developed for the original. (Like the Abandoned cart plugin)

the marketing part
There's so many marketing options outside the actual plugin (Facebook, Adsense, Social Rabbit, Forums etc), I don't worry about it.

So this path (Choice 3) was what you've taken as well ? Meaning u started with original, then realized its' shortcomings and procreated a child theme to work around it ?

Yes. You wouldn't recognise my Davinci Child theme. It make my sites as unique as a Woo site.

Great, so now I've to CSI how to do up a child theme.

Making the basic child theme is easy and can be done in minutes. It's the customising and editing that takes time and skill.

aminech

Not really that many that would make any major difference ... and if you're patient, they will eventually be developed for the original. (Like the Abandoned cart plugin)

There's so many marketing options outside the actual plugin (Facebook, Adsense, Social Rabbit, Forums etc), I don't worry about it.

Yes. You wouldn't recognise my Davinci Child theme. It make my sites as unique as a Woo site.

Making the basic child theme is easy and can be done in minutes. It's the customising and editing that takes time and skill.

I created a child theme but found out that the theme "Customization" panel does not affect the theme anymore, if I make changes from the "Customization" panel nothing happen, does this happen to you too ?

Cookie

I just did a simple amendemt of changing the permalinks in settings from plain to "Date and Time: and change it back to Plain, Thereafter, my whole product page is gone, damn it, I guess I am not up for creating a child theme when I can screw up my site by messing around with the permalink settinsg.

Now I've to wait for support to reset it cos I've no idea what I've done that caused my product page to disappear. Its was previously 123.com/products but now its just 123.com/? follow by a strange ID

Direct Webstore

I created a child theme but found out that the theme "Customization" panel does not affect the theme anymore, if I make changes from the "Customization" panel nothing happen, does this happen to you too ?
No. It works fine for me. You must have made mistake somewhere. Are you sure you even "activated" the child theme? Do you still have the "mother" theme installed?

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Now I've to wait for support to reset it cos I've no idea what I've done that caused my product page to disappear. Its was previously 123.com/products but now its just 123.com/? follow by a strange ID

You haven't made a backup of your site? Naughty, naughty!

I am not up for creating a child theme when I can screw up my site
In that case ... just be happy with the Original plugin or start from scratch with Woo. But be warned ... setting up a Woo store is a lot more complicated than the original plugin.

Last edited:

Cookie

Backups? Never thought of that as a foreplay before I start playing with the permalinks. My bad. Realizing my own limits when I can't even solve my own mess but to run to support to help reset it, you're right, I don't think I am up for woo.

I also read the child theme setup which makes me even more nervous.

As you have mentioned [There's so many marketing options outside the actual plugin (Facebook, Adsense, Social Rabbit, Forums etc),] so I guess I just have to make do with it. And stop fantasizing about what the woo plugins are able to do.

Found this cool app Snapppt - Make your Instagram shoppable
https://www.getsnapppt.com/

Snapppt makes your Instagram shoppable. Get Snapppt to let your followers shop their favourite Instagrams. Get embeddable Instagram shop feeds and shoppable carousels. Build your social marketing efforts via influencer relations and picture perfect promotions

It can be installed in the original and it's free too. Thought I share here in case anyone wants to make their instagram feed shoppable and clickable.

Direct Webstore

Good one!

Backups? Never thought of that as a foreplay before I start playing with the permalinks.

Not just for that ... but in case a small asteroid destroys the building your web-host servers are located in ... LOL :)

I have a Google account set up for each of my sites (mainly for the Youtube account) ... and use the 15GB Google Drive to back up each site with Updraft plugin. https://updraftplus.com/

Last edited:

aminech

No. It works fine for me. You must have made mistake somewhere. Are you sure you even "activated" the child theme? Do you still have the "mother" theme installed?

Yes I activated the child theme and have the default davinci on the same directory too, I have used a plugin to create the child theme and tried some manualy tutorials but didnt work.

my child theme has those files:
style.css:

/*!
Theme Name: Davinci child
Theme URI: https://alidropship.com/
Author: Vitaly Kukin, Evgeniy Chepchugov
Author URI: https://alidropship.com/
Description: Bootstrap 3.3.4
Template: davinci
Version: 0.11.5
Text Domain: ami3
*/

and
function.php

<?php
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_theme_enqueue_styles' );
function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );

}
?>

Direct Webstore

Theme Name: Davinci child

1. Name the folder davinci-child

2. Change the functions.php to this ...

<?php
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
$parent_style = 'parent-style';
wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
array( $parent_style )
);
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );

Or ... use the one attached here ....

Attachments

• davinci-child.zip
    782 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited:

aminech

1. Name the folder davinci-child

2. Change the functions.php to this ...

<?php
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
$parent_style = 'parent-style';
wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
array( $parent_style )
);
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );

Or ... use the one attached here ....

Thank you very much :)

neeraj89

@Direct Webstore
Hey bro, was trying to message you. Not able to do so. Please pm if possible. I have setup my third website now, and this time i have choose woo version, due to delay in upsell and many other useful adons.

Please advise how you are making your sales funnel. OR how you are integrating upsell plugin with the original version of plugin.
Any help will be appreciated bro.. I am sure that i am loosing lots of sale in absence of this feature.
Also do you use any chatbot like manychat.

Thanks.