DISCUSSION: The Most Valuable Books for Dropshippers

Christina

Administrator
Success does not come to the ignorant...
Often be successful means to be able to learn from your own mistakes, and more importantly, from the success and failures of others who have gone on before you.

Books contains experience of the most famous and successful people from all over the world. Surely, each of you have a book which once opened your eyes to a new world of possibilities and probably got you into ecommerce. Or perhaps, you keep a book which you pick up to find inspiration when things get rough.
Let’s discuss books you consider extremely valuable for dropshippers and you would like to tell about.

Waiting for posts from our active, well-known and skilled forum members @kingpin @Mar @Direct Webstore @Arnaldo @jubran @Andre M @Jess @Sunster @neeraj89 @waterlion @meeyule @Moussdog

image.jpg

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
There was a good post here on the forum by @Arnaldo about favourite books.

Hi there since I am re reading all my business classics from time to time, I wanted to ask forum members what are the most valuable books they read about business and entrepreneurship that change their lives forever?

I think most newcomers highly overlook the value of these books and never reads them to the end.

Me would be:

- MJ Demarco - Millionaire Fastlane, changed the way I see money as a whole.

- Eric Drew Withman - Cashvertising, which really told me how to write compelling stories and copywritings. A true advertiser's bible, a bit outdated on webadvertising but still valid to this day, the sale old principle applies.

- Robert Cialdini - Influence. Really feaky on the power of manipultion and psychology. But very usefull.

- more recently: Exponential Organisations - Salim Ismail: a great perspective about how small companies like uber and airbnb could make so much profit with very few employees compared to big corporations.
Very interesting book.

So much more books helped me but these were those first coming to my mind.

What's yours? Just curious.

kingpin

My all time favorite books are

1.Think and Grow Rich: Book by Napoleon Hill
2. Autobiography of a Yogi: Book by Paramahansa Yogananda

3. Buy-ology by Martin Lindstrom

4. Influence: The psychology of persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini

Direct Webstore

- Robert Cialdini - Influence. Really feaky on the power of manipultion and psychology. But very usefull.
I will have to check this one out. I'm a firm believer in the power of psychology. e.g the colour blue inspires trust (used by Facebook, Paypal and finance sites) Pink makes people calm (used in prison cells) etc etc. I don't know of any printed paper books ... I do all my research online these days. If people Google "The Psychology of Colors" they can get some very useful tips on what color schemes to use for their niche. :)

Arnaldo

I will have to check this one out. I'm a firm believer in the power of psychology. e.g the colour blue inspires trust (used by Facebook, Paypal and finance sites) Pink makes people calm (used in prison cells) etc etc. I don't know of any printed paper books ... I do all my research online these days. If people Google "The Psychology of Colors" they can get some very useful tips on what color schemes to use for their niche. :)
You'll love this one. It goes much beyond that. It's almost an art of manipulation book. Lot's of examples in there.
It goes so deep into the subject it can be a bit freaky, like war manipulation technics, politics.
It's not oriented at all, the Cialdini is a psychology researcher he just explains the concepts in detail, it's not a Tony Robbins book (sorry Tony no pun intended).

Direct Webstore

You'll love this one. It goes much beyond that. It's almost an art of manipulation book. Lot's of examples in there.
It goes so deep into the subject it can be a bit freaky, like war manipulation technics, politics.
It's not oriented at all, the Cialdini is a psychology researcher he just explains the concepts in detail, it's not a Tony Robbins book (sorry Tony no pun intended).

Yeah .. all businesses use psychology these days. Like putting the chocolates and candy at children's eye level at supermarket checkouts. (MUMMY! Buy me a CANDYYYYY!!!) Men like to dash in buy what they need and get out ... so Menswear is on the ground floor. Women like to buy every thing so put Womenswear on the top floor so they have to walk through all the other departments to get there ... buying more stuff as they go ... etc What a devious lot! LOL :)

Arnaldo

This book gives you maaad ideas in terms of ads targeting.

Makes me think about this old NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/magazine/shopping-habits.html

If you think deep you can know what someone will buy before other competitors. How to analyze an empty void and fill in the market.

These books literally changed how I see the world and me, abandoning any ideological dogma, judgments about people interests (hard), just to realize how human weakness is... human.

Why are so much people successful by society standard and so irrelevant to my standards? Because they dare to produce lots of contents, try different businesses when I was still thinking nobody will buy that shit. People do. So I am wrong.

Sometimes we may dismiss an idea because to us it seems crappy, but for so many people it is relevant... And I still don't know why so many people buy these things but they do. The hardest part was to accept it and act accordingly.

Direct Webstore

Sometimes we may dismiss an idea because to us it seems crappy, but for so many people it is relevant
Exactly. You have to be objective, step outside of yourself and imagine looking at something through others eyes. A bit of empathy goes a long way. Those young men who design sites with dark, black colours, skulls, daggers and dripping blood to sell kids toys need to take heed of this fact ... lol :)

Direct Webstore

Attachments

• Eric Drew Withman - Cashvertising.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Influence_ The Psychology of Persuasion-ePub.zip
    404.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Millionaire Fastlane_ePub.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 46

jubran

I usually don't read books just because I don't like to read from actual books as I get bored really quickly and I find myself just skimming and scanning the paragraphs. However, I always look online for great resources and surround myself with positive influencers such as TED, TEDx, Gary Vaynerchuk, Inc, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, etc...

But I look forward to taking some advice from this community about great business management & marketing books that have a PDF or Kindle version of them.

Christina

Administrator
A small selection of books from AliDropship Team:

1) Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
2) The Beginner's Guide to SEO from Moz
3) Zappos. Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
4) Maximum Achievement by Brian Tracy

Arnaldo

Zero to One is an awesome book too! Great addition @Christina !

Not a book this time but a great resource is Mixergy.com, very good material and successful entrepreneurs interviews there.

Andre M

hi all.
My books; Future Marketing ,PRE-SUASION: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade,Buy.logy by Martin Lindstrom

With this comes lots if search marketing , seo and tons of videos.

Always learning

Direct Webstore

Was just reading about how all the big entrepreneurs like Bill Gates and Elon Musk have what they call the "Five Hour Rule". It involves setting aside at least an hour an day, five days a week to read, study, learn and/or experiment/think about new ideas. Benjamin Franklin also followed the rule, more or less. So hit those books people! :)