currency switcher

Mar

I am using a plugin for vertical menu. The plugin has the option to add icons, very much like the tutorial. It could be very easy, problem is it will add to http request and actually slows down loading. Every time I run load speed test, it is an issue. So I use CSS Sprites for the icons. That is why I asked earlier if the method won't add to http request.

1600329137027.png

Direct Webstore

Direct Webstore

But I'm going to do this ...

Option 2

Update the plugin files

In src/views/currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php line 33:

PHP:
echo '<option value="' . $currency_code . '" ' . $selected_attr . '>' . $currency_name. '</option>';
Change it to this:

PHP:
echo '<option value="' . $currency_code . '" ' . $selected_attr . '>' . $currency_code. '</option>';

But as you're editing the plugin files, your changes will be lost if you update the plugin

And do this so the changes will be saved ... (From Aelia Support)

"From version 2.6 onward, the currency selector widget is rendered using template files that can be found in {your wordpress folder}/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher/views folder. The following standard templates are available:

• currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php: displays "dropdown" style selector.
  • currency-selector-widget-buttons.php: displays "buttons" style selector.
If you wish to alter the templates, simply copy them in your theme. They should be put in {your theme folder}/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher/ and have the same name of the original files. The Currency Switcher will then load them automatically instead of the default ones."

Last edited:

the_lyall

The redirect is working but is add this angly URL at the end /?ph=59b21b3eb6559c04194d356f
That is what is used to make the pages cache friendly if you don't have the ajax option enabled in cache handler. In the same way that if you change the woocommerce geolocation option to 'geolocate with cache support' it does the same thing but v= instead

In cache handler make sure you have the ajax option enabled

chris37

That is what is used to make the pages cache friendly if you don't have the ajax option enabled in cache handler. In the same way that if you change the woocommerce geolocation option to 'geolocate with cache support' it does the same thing but v= instead

In cache handler make sure you have the ajax option enabled

Ajax give me the proplem with variation price .... i find a solution to go through again this anyway i exlude the currency cookie from cache !

chris37

@the_lyall thank for the .php plugin setting (also the previous variation issue is fix)

see screenshot desktop :) https://snipboard.io/2PF3Al.jpg (the currency is exacly how i want it)

see screenshot mobile https://snipboard.io/9PJj8n.jpg i really like it how is now but i just wanna know if is possible to move it here how i show you with the red arrow , they way the alidropship currency was set https://snipboard.io/CSbzRw.jpg ..

i try to fine the file of the menu in my theme files but i am not able to locate thinks how you are ;)

I really appreciate all the help you give us here and i know i use too much of your time ....

You really help me (and other )with something with alidropship team refuse to accept (then own currency switcher in not working correct with woocommerce)

I will wait your help in my mobile menu currency!

chris37

But I'm going to do this ...

And do this so the changes will be saved ... (From Aelia Support)

"From version 2.6 onward, the currency selector widget is rendered using template files that can be found in {your wordpress folder}/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher/views folder. The following standard templates are available:

• currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php: displays "dropdown" style selector.
  • currency-selector-widget-buttons.php: displays "buttons" style selector.
If you wish to alter the templates, simply copy them in your theme. They should be put in {your theme folder}/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher/ and have the same name of the original files. The Currency Switcher will then load them automatically instead of the default ones."
i will copy it in parent or child theme?

Update my post: i place it here is correct?

/public_html/ ( mydomain :) ) /wp-content/themes/davinciwoo-child/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

i will copy it in parent or child theme?

Parent theme.

You have to create a folder called woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher in Themes>Your Theme and put an edited copy of currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php in it.

If you wish to alter the templates, simply copy them in your theme. They should be put in {your theme folder}/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher/

EDITED: Removed mentions of child theme.

Last edited:

chris37

Parent theme.

Or child theme if you're using one.

You have to create a folder called woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher in Themes>Your Theme (or child theme) and put an edited copy of currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php in it.

like this one /public_html/ ( mydomain :) ) /wp-content/themes/davinciwoo-child/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher ?

i just did it ...everything still work normal :)

Direct Webstore

like this one /public_html/ ( mydomain :) ) /wp-content/themes/davinciwoo-child/woocommerce-aelia-currencyswitcher ?
Yes.

i just did it ...everything still work normal :)
Is that good or bad? Normal as in no change? Or normal as in it did change?

If no change try it the parent theme. That's where mine is. (I'm not using a child theme)

Did you edit the copy?