currency switcher

George96

hello guys sorry for my english, Do you guy know how to make the alidropship currency switcher working with cache plugin... When i have enable the cache is never work is just stack in the same currency and flag.

I appreciate any help i get.

chris37

I really find no woocomerce site with alidropship currency switcher enable and cache plugin work at 100% .....
I was able to make to work (99%) with wp faster cache (I exlude the currency cookies from cache) .

If you don't use the currency corverte for you change currency is gonna work at 100% ,is gonna change currency geolocation perfect.

If you want to use the flag corverter (flag and product price currency are not synchronise) here start the issue of my 1% I was speaking about :)

This way(exlude currency cookies from cache) is just stack only in the first load the flag (The flag which was first loading on my preloaded cache of my plugin)
In the second load of the page (when customer click everywhere in the page) flag and currency product price they gonna be the same. And they gonna be like this for all time.

chris37

Just enable all setting expect this one "Don't show the cached version for desktop to mobile device " and exlude the cookies from here (See screenshot ) https://snipboard.io/wAYTpu.jpg in the green cycle you see the cookies ( current_cur= )after the = write the currency you have in your site, you have to make it for all of them.

the_lyall

There are a few ways to make currency selection work better with WooCommerce and caching in general, not specifically with the AliDropship currency converter.

I've found Aelia Currency Converter to be the best for my sites - it's not free but once downloaded you can add it to as many sites as you want. One of the main features is that you can accept payments in the selected currency, rather than it changing back to the store default currency during payment processing (which is a common problem). There's also a free add-on which adds cache compatibility (Cache Handler) - I'm using it on 4 websites with geolocation and pretty heavy cache settings and don't have any issues.

the_lyall

Hi, is one time Paytment or have monthly fee?
One time payment, although it's a 12 month license (not auto-renewing) you can keep using the plugin forever without a license you just won't get updates. And the license if valid for one site, so you can install and use it on many sites but you'll only get updates on the site with the license. I recommend keeping a valid license but I know it's not an option for everyone.

chris37

One time payment, although it's a 12 month license (not auto-renewing) you can keep using the plugin forever without a license you just won't get updates. And the license if valid for one site, so you can install and use it on many sites but you'll only get updates on the site with the license. I recommend keeping a valid license but I know it's not an option for everyone.
Thanks

Direct Webstore

I've found Aelia Currency Converter to be the best for my sites
Me too. No problems at all. (Actually, I got the idea to try it from seeing you mention it a few months ago)

One time payment, although it's a 12 month license
It's really a lifetime license with auto-updates, but only 12 months of support.

you can install and use it on many sites
I do that with Flatsome and a few other paid plugins too. Shhh. Actually, most plugins/themes have General Public Licences (GPL) and can be copied and reused, given away etc legally. It's just (limited) support and (lifetime) auto-updating that the license covers. So I download free copies and update manually. When I'm filthy rich, I'll buy a license. ;)

Alidropship is smart, their plugins don't have GPL :)

Last edited:

George96

There are a few ways to make currency selection work better with WooCommerce and caching in general, not specifically with the AliDropship currency converter.

I've found Aelia Currency Converter to be the best for my sites - it's not free but once downloaded you can add it to as many sites as you want. One of the main features is that you can accept payments in the selected currency, rather than it changing back to the store default currency during payment processing (which is a common problem). There's also a free add-on which adds cache compatibility (Cache Handler) - I'm using it on 4 websites with geolocation and pretty heavy cache settings and don't have any issues.
Hi thanks for your info... can I download from somewhere this aelia currency switcher without to pay ? ..I don't mind the support or update .

Direct Webstore

OL if the complaining is not in the front end of the website ,I don't mind . :)

This is the front end.

lic_004.jpg

I used a bit of CSS to round the corners (to match the search box) if anyone wants it ...

.switcher .selected a {
border-radius: 18px!important;
padding-top:5px;
padding-bottom: 9px;
width: 120px
}