currency switcher

Mar

i dont mind the flag but is nice if we can to them the be display like that " (USB) v " then this " United states (US) dollar "

maybe @Direct Webstore or @the_lyall can help with this?
We have tried to add the flags of Aelia Currency Switcher but failed. Even the support of the plugin has no word about it until now. For me, a currency switcher should have a flag to look like a currency switcher. I have tried it, I won't waste time anymore if the currency switcher don't have an option to add flags, it would be just a waste of time.

the_lyall

We have tried to add the flags of Aelia Currency Switcher but failed. Even the support of the plugin has no word about it until now. For me, a currency switcher should have a flag to look like a currency switcher. I have tried it, I won't waste time anymore if the currency switcher don't have an option to add flags, it would be just a waste of time.

I use flags for language selection and currency names (USD/GBP etc) for currency selection otherwise having two flags could be confusing...

There is a way to add flags, which is to enable the tickbox in my earlier screenshot to accept a url parameter to set the currency. You can then create a menu with a menu item for each currency you want to offer which jusy adds the currency parameter to the URL. You can then add flags with css. I did this for one site but didnt use flags (as mentioned above) i just used it to name the currencies by their currency code instead of the name.

Not saying there's anything wrong with using a different plugin, there are lots of options, so it's good you've got one that works for you.

Mar

I use flags for language selection and currency names (USD/GBP etc) for currency selection otherwise having two flags could be confusing...

There is a way to add flags, which is to enable the tickbox in my earlier screenshot to accept a url parameter to set the currency. You can then create a menu with a menu item for each currency you want to offer which jusy adds the currency parameter to the URL. You can then add flags with css. I did this for one site but didnt use flags (as mentioned above) i just used it to name the currencies by their currency code instead of the name.

Not saying there's anything wrong with using a different plugin, there are lots of options, so it's good you've got one that works for you.
That's good. It don't add to the number of request in GTmetrics? Maybe it need to be in CSS Sprite.

chris37

@the_lyall can I go somewhere in the php file and I replace the currency name with the code (USA/EUR) ?

Mar

The license warning beside the update can effect in any other way the performance of the plugin?
It don't but it is annoying. I have a snippet to get rid of update prompt for plugins that cannot be updated because it need license. I tried to use it in this license warning, it don't work. But there should be a snippet somewhere for license warning.

Mar

I tried that one too, but I don't like how the switcher takes up the whole side of the page. It's too intrusive for me.
If you mean this, it can be retracted or disabled altogether. Yes, it is so intrusive and ugly, I am not using it. Even the currency converter in the product page can be a simple currency switcher or deactivated altogether. All sensible options are there.

1600313071678.png

1600313168012.png

the_lyall

@the_lyall can I go somewhere in the php file and I replace the currency name with the code (USA/EUR) ?

There are two ways.

Option 1

Use a menu instead of the built in widget, as mentioned before and as shown below. This is the best method if you intend to be able to update the plugin.

Capture.PNG

Option 2

Update the plugin files

In src/views/currency-selector-widget-dropdown.php line 33:

PHP:
echo '<option value="' . $currency_code . '" ' . $selected_attr . '>' . $currency_name. '</option>';

Change it to this:

PHP:
echo '<option value="' . $currency_code . '" ' . $selected_attr . '>' . $currency_code. '</option>';

But as you're editing the plugin files, your changes will be lost if you update the plugin

chris37

Screenshot_20200917-072315_Gallery.jpg
Variation issue with this plugin
Currency one euro, variation price on store default currency...

Try it please, remember the issue appear only on product have multiple variation price, not a single one

the_lyall

Variation issue with this plugin
Currency one euro, variation price on store default currency...

Try it please, remember the issue appear only on product have multiple variation price, not a single one

I don't have this issue with variable products. Are you using the Ajax method in the Cache Handler settings?