currency switcher

the_lyall

Wp faster cache when I have the currency switchers enable is give me the issue with the variation with different currency , which I show in previous screenshot of mine(different currency up and different when I chose currency), for i fix this issue i exlude all the currency cookies from cache! That is working perfect with aelia currency switcher without flag,(the way you have it propaply and neve have issue).

When I add the flag is the currency switcher with the exlude cookies from currency.. then other issue appear ,

In the first very load the currency of the flag is always the preload currency and the products they are working normal with geolocation currency ,
For example I am locate in Europe and my products in my homepage in ingognito mode are in euro but my flag show USA,after the second load (click anywhere in the page link ) everything work ok ,flag and currency of products are the same and working normal in all the session for now on.

This is happen because I exlude cookies but when I include cookies I have the variation issue...any idea for fix this?
Or you suggested do remove full the flag? :) which working normal with cache geolocation and variation product when I exlude cookies.

In all honesty I don't know how the flags would affect it as I didn't make the plugin, so I can't say why it behaves in different ways. I've never tried it myself as I only use flags for language selection but that's just my personal preference. It's also strange about the cookies as the cache handler plugin should cater for that. Sorry I can't help more with that.

chris37

In all honesty I don't know how the flags would affect it as I didn't make the plugin, so I can't say why it behaves in different ways. I've never tried it myself as I only use flags for language selection but that's just my personal preference. It's also strange about the cookies as the cache handler plugin should cater for that. Sorry I can't help more with that.
You help me more the enough mate. Thank anyway :)

chris37

Today I notice something,
As I mentioned in my previous post my biggest issue with the alidropship currency switcher was not compatible with cache plugin (wp super cache,wp faster cache) so I exlude the currency cookies for i make it work.
That give the preload issue us the currency flag in the first load stay on the preload currency, for example USA and the product followed the geolocation setting (for example EUR )
And after the second load everything was synchronize in geolocation .

Today I find one big company have the same issue
https://www.bluehost.com/

for examble in my case if I go from ingognito browser and the first load is gonna show me USA flag (and the product or service in this case in gonna follow my geolocation and is gonna show me EUR) after the second load everything follow my geolocation setting currency switcher flag and product)

In you case @Direct Webstore is gonna show you flag of USA but AUD dollar on the services of those, and in the second load is gonna be synchronize with your geolocation setting AUD flag and product price at AUD.

I didn't believe a big company like bluehost have this issue. For me is more obvious because EUR IS looking a lot more different the AUD symbol (are the same symble ;) )
So alidropship company is not allow facing this issue :)

chris37

if I may ask, how it's important to let users to pay with their currency in checkout page?
For some use is not important at all ,
But for many other it is important, if I navigate all the website is euro currency I want to have euro all the way to checkout, if I see USD there is visual increase the amount number (even if is the same value)
So I like my navigation on the site and my checkout to be the same currency.

Even alidropship company believe that ,because in the original plugin this is the way is work ,navigation and checkout have same currency.
They just are stil unable to fix it because the always say is woocomerce issue (checkout page is work with woocomerce and not the alidropship plugin)

Eather way they must one day fine the way to fix it.

With aelia currency switcher you don't gonna have this issue

Last edited: