Coronavirus: Chinese Government Shutting Down Dropshipping Functions

julieh

I don't think 'vacation' quite covers it. Millions of people are in quarantine or self-isolation in China. Whole cities being told that no one is allowed to leave the house, thousands of livestock perishing because the farmers are in lockdown and can't feed them, US military preparing quarantine camps across the States and knowledgable people from the CDC, WHO and the Imperial College in London all warning that this virus should be taken seriously. I think the people in the factories in China have more on their minds than making the bits and bobs we dropship.

But hey, what do I know. I am only human and can't help chin-wagging after all.

Direct Webstore

would that be safe to say they are still on vacation?

Who knows? One could make that same statement for many sellers when they are not on vacation. lol ;)

Also cj dropshipping is just a dropshipping operation, nothing like aliexpress though
No. They're not like Aliexpress. They have their own warehouses in the U.S (and other places) and are much faster than Aliexpress. They also claim to be often cheaper than Aliexpress too. They source products from many different places. CONS: The huge monthly membership fees. (I've been an unpaid member for quite a while).

I got an email from cj dropshipping that they can't fulfull orders to at least the 17th of February
Andy Chou - CJ Dropshipping
2 days ago

Dear valued customers,Here comes the good news that CJ gets permission to resume working which allows CJ to process backorders using existing limited stocks from Feb. 14th.

lacelane

Hey, that's great! Have you been dropshipping and orders have been fulfilled? I just opened my store around Christmas and then this corona virus thing came about, which sucks. I've been waiting this whole time on when to start!

Direct Webstore

Have you been dropshipping and orders have been fulfilled?
Yes.

I just opened my store around Christmas
I've been waiting this whole time on when to start!
That makes no sense. Either you opened (started) or you have not opened. But never mind.

I'm sick of this whole paranoid, overly dramatic thread. Just keep trading (Put promotions/advertising on hold for a few weeks), use normal customer relation techniques if/when you get complaints about an unusually long delivery time (offer assurances, a discount coupon for future purchases, a partial refund etc), keep an eye on the news and use common sense.

I am only human and can't help chin-wagging after all.
Go for it. I'll join in a couple of days before the next giant asteroid hits the Earth. ;)

I'm outta here. *unwatching*

Last edited:

lacelane

I have opened, but didn't market yet. The website is fully functional and can take orders, just didn't want to market yet if that clarifies anything bud.

Mar

I have opened, but didn't market yet. The website is fully functional and can take orders, just didn't want to market yet if that clarifies anything bud.
Your concern should be how to generate sales, not the Corona virus. It is not something that you market and buyers will fall in line. Some stores were launched six months ago, yet to have the first sale until now.

candresg76

anyone with customers complaining about products being shipped/received from China after all this virus scenario?

pinno

Me too im wondering what the real situation is like now. I contacted a few sellers some of them say they have gone back to work but I am still not sure if the whole shipping process is back to normal yet. Many airlines have their schedules affected badly so perhaps packages are stuck at the warehouses? anyone got sales in the past two weeks and have their orders delivered to US/EU already successfully?

Direct Webstore

God you people are impatient. What's the point of moaning about it all? Just sit tight and chill for a few weeks. Stop promoting/advertising for a while and have a holiday. It is NOT the end of the world and STOP buying up all the toilet paper for God's sake you damned morons! ;)

pinno

God you people are impatient. What's the point of moaning about it all? Just sit tight and chill for a few weeks. Stop promoting/advertising for a while and have a holiday. It is NOT the end of the world and STOP buying up all the toilet paper for God's sake you damned morons! ;)

Please be respectful when posting here and if you cant just shut the hell up no one will care. I am trying to find out how the situation is and if you have no idea then keep you big mouth shut.

Direct Webstore

Please be respectful when posting here and if you cant just shut the hell up ....
...... keep you (sic) big mouth shut.
Be respectful? Like in the above quotes? How hilariously hypocritical. You're not the sharpest pencil in the box, are you? LOL

(Hint: Google "What is a forum?")

I am trying to find out how (sic) the situation is
The "situation" is all over the internet. READ it you rude, hypocritical drone.

But seeing as you want your precious little hand held and have answers served up on a silver plate, try this basic Google search I did for special little you ... https://www.google.com/search?q=cor...opshipping&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&channel=rcs

Start reading.

;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Any official sources for this?
It's all just personal opinions. Even when they put them in videos. But Phil does seem to be aware of the same stuff that I've read. (With a couple of minor "half truths"). All the info is out there. Just check the news, take all opinions, including mine with a grain of salt and come to your own conclusions. I've just shut down all advertising and social media interaction and displayed messages on my sites warning about delays until this all blows over in a few months (hopefully). Meanwhile I'm concentrating on building up other online income streams. Best to have more than 1. But that's just my plan. Like "Phil" in the video says "Have a plan B or C" and soldier on.

Last edited:
Hello,

New member here.

I am going to share what I am doing during this wacky corona virus thing.

This is not a suggestion, or right or wrong, it's just what I have decided to do.

1. I am waiting and have turned off my advertising.

2. I am using this "down" time to focus on my site, learn cpanel, improve my skills with using auto-responders, writing email campaigns, and so on.

3. I have another website, not dropshipping, and I am putting a lot of time into that. Multiple income streams are rad, cool, and super smart.

4. I am working on my ad campaigns and stuff, so I can be way awesome and "hit the ground running" when this thing blows over.

5. researching the markets, and looking at other possible stores to open after this blows over and I get my current store operating at "concert pitch"

6. starting to contact my suppliers and see what they are saying about operations, delays, and such.

So I am spreading it out, focusing on all things surrounding my drop shipping site, as well as using this time to focus on my other website.

Just being chill, taking action, and getting ready to rock when this thing blows over. Because it will.

Stay awesome!

Direct Webstore

1. I am waiting and have turned off my advertising.
Same as most.

2. I am using this "down" time to focus on my site, learn cpanel, improve my skills with using auto-responders, writing email campaigns, and so on.
Same most should be doing and suggested already.

3. I have another website, not dropshipping, and I am putting a lot of time into that. Multiple income streams are rad, cool, and super smart.
Me too.
I'm concentrating on building up other online income streams.

5. researching the markets, and looking at other possible stores to open after this blows over and I get my current store operating at "concert pitch"

6. starting to contact my suppliers and see what they are saying about operations, delays, and such.

So I am spreading it out, focusing on all things surrounding my drop shipping site, as well as using this time to focus on my other website.

Just being chill, taking action, and getting ready to rock when this thing blows over. Because it will.

Yep, yep, yep. Same as all of us.

So nothing that hasn't been discussed/mentioned already ... BUT ...
Stay awesome!

:)