Coronavirus: Chinese Government Shutting Down Dropshipping Functions

Direct Webstore

Dropshipping functions shutdown by Chinese government.
Total rubbish. Try READING the article you posted the link to.

What it says is that many people may be afraid to order stuff from China which may affect dropshipping. Which in itself is just normal media click baiting bullshit and over dramatisation. The Chinese government is NOT "shutting dropshipping functions". Although some factories, shipping places etc may shut down if they have infected employees.

How this will affect us?
Probably not at all.

The author/site who wrote that are nothing more than click baiting drama queens preying on gullible people. Basically, it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

sportycloset

This is a bit lie! With the dropshipping being affected by the virus. Just received a $111 order on my shop and i asked the Chinese people from the store on Aliexpress and they said in 1-3 days the order will be shipped .. so don't panic!

julieh

I don't believe that any virus would survive the shipping times but I am not confident on the product getting shipped at all. Christmas shipping was shockingly bad and that was before the virus. With all they have on their plate right now, I don't think shipping mugs to US is going to be high on the priority list.

I am not making daily sales as yet but have received a small order just now. I am tempted to send back the money and turn off payment gateway for now. Just concentrate on building content through this crisis.

Direct Webstore

I don't believe that any virus would survive the shipping times
It's what others, especially customers believe that's important. But the bulk of them are pretty shallow, ignorant, gullible and don't think about things too much. This whole drama will have disappeared from their simple minds soon enough.

I am not making daily sales as yet but have received a small order just now. I am tempted to send back the money and turn off payment gateway for now. Just concentrate on building content through this crisis.
Why bother? Just let the store keep ticking away.

Relax people. This will blow over and be old news before very long. You don't see anyone still jumping up and down about SARS anymore, do you?

julieh

It's what others, especially customers believe that's important. But the bulk of them are pretty shallow, ignorant, gullible and don't think about things too much. This whole drama will have disappeared from their simple minds soon enough.

Why bother? Just let the store keep ticking away.

Relax people. This will blow over and be old news before very long. You don't see anyone still jumping up and down about SARS anymore, do you?

It's not that I am uptight about the virus. This was my first Christmas doing dropshipping and it was a disaster. Christmas items that were due latest 10 dec, arriving weeks later. Items ordered for gifts not arriving in time for the big day. It fairly took the wind out of my sails. So much so that I will likely close sales for next Xmas in early Nov. I hate dealing with disappointed customers.

This current crisis could make the Christmas delays look like chopped mince. I can only imagine the chaos in the factories and in the transportation chain in China right now. And who can blame anyone for that, given the circumstances? If I can't be reasonably sure of delivery times, I would rather just work on other areas of the site until things go back to normal.

absimp

It's not that I am uptight about the virus. This was my first Christmas doing dropshipping and it was a disaster. Christmas items that were due latest 10 dec, arriving weeks later. Items ordered for gifts not arriving in time for the big day. It fairly took the wind out of my sails. So much so that I will likely close sales for next Xmas in early Nov. I hate dealing with disappointed customers.

Yep, the shipping delays is what should have dropshippers concerned most.

kdb

I have found many stores on AE disappear or the products are no longer available.

Obat

kdb

I haven't noticed one and you call it many. You are a kind of alarmist.
Bro Since morning I have found 6 store products are hidden. Many products have gone into the draft while updating.