Coronavirus: Chinese Government Shutting Down Dropshipping Functions

Obat

Not many, not hundred or even thousand, I have problem when come to shipping since the outbreak began. It took long time so I decide to cancel the order. But not all. Is it just me? :confused:

Mar

Bro Since morning I have found 6 store products are hidden. Many products have gone into the draft while updating.
Are you sure it is because of Corona virus? I have 789 products in the draft folder, I don't blame Corona virus even in one of them.

1581167025058.png

Direct Webstore

I've seen a couple of sites saying "The Chinese New Year holiday period has been extended" as a cover up for any possible virus related shipping delays. Only someone who has been totally cut off from the news over the last two weeks would possibly believe that. lol :)

Last edited:

julieh

Not many, not hundred or even thousand, I have problem when come to shipping since the outbreak began. It took long time so I decide to cancel the order. But not all. Is it just me? :confused:

No, it is not only you. I would rather stop taking sales now and wait for things to get better than be lambasted on social media by angry customers who don't receive their stuff. I also just don't want to disappoint clients that I hope will stick with me for a long time.

The people on the other side of the chain are fighting for their lives, if not against this virus, then against the government that is locking them into their homes and dodgy looking 'quarantine centres'. Somehow I don't think getting my shipments to me within 6 weeks is high on their priority list. That is not alarmist, it is reality.

Mar

No, it is not only you. I would rather stop taking sales now and wait for things to get better than be lambasted on social media by angry customers who don't receive their stuff. I also just don't want to disappoint clients that I hope will stick with me for a long time.

The people on the other side of the chain are fighting for their lives, if not against this virus, then against the government that is locking them into their homes and dodgy looking 'quarantine centres'. Somehow I don't think getting my shipments to me within 6 weeks is high on their priority list. That is not alarmist, it is reality.
When people hear something happening in a country, they think it is the whole country. The fact is that is happening in a very small part, the rest of the country is normal. You think Wuhan province is the whole of China?

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
When people hear something happening in a country, they think it is the whole country. The fact is that is happening in a very small part, the rest of the country is normal. You think Wuhan province is the whole of China?
Absolutely true. May be we are lucky, and the warehouses of our suppliers are located far from Wuhan province, but our stores do not suffer much from a long time processing, shipping and delivery. Just as usual for the Chinese New Year period.

julieh

I lived in Hong Kong for 15 years. I am very familiar with the size of China. In case you don't know, Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province not the name of the province itself. The virus is currently affecting provinces across the entire country although the worst hit is indeed Hubei.

For those who choose to continue selling - great. Just because I don't doesn't mean I am an idiot, Mar and I don't appreciate your tone. My store is small and a total sideline. I won't be losing much by taking this time to work on the site itself rather than make sales.

Direct Webstore

Not long till it's all a distant memory. Just like SARS is.
But a look at the world showed the numbers of new cases were falling in parts, Chinese government medical adviser Zhong Nanshan said.

The epidemiologist, who won fame for his role in combating an outbreak of SARS in 2003, even said coronavirus infections “may be over” by April, with the epidemic looking set to peak in February.

May be we are lucky, and the warehouses of our suppliers are located far from Wuhan province, but our stores do not suffer much from a long time processing, shipping and delivery. Just as usual for the Chinese New Year period.
Same with me.

My store is small and a total sideline. I won't be losing much by taking this time to work on the site itself rather than make sales.
Fair enough.

Mar

I lived in Hong Kong for 15 years. I am very familiar with the size of China. In case you don't know, Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province not the name of the province itself. The virus is currently affecting provinces across the entire country although the worst hit is indeed Hubei.
I definitely know how huge China is. In fact Wuhan is just a dot in the map. I don't believe it affect the whole country.

1581478703772.png
For those who choose to continue selling - great. Just because I don't doesn't mean I am an idiot, Mar and I don't appreciate your tone. My store is small and a total sideline. I won't be losing much by taking this time to work on the site itself rather than make sales.
It is your store and nobody is telling you what to do. It is you who speak the word idiot, not me. If you don't appreciate my tone because I don't agree with your view, you should not be in the forum.

julieh

I definitely know how huge China is. In fact Wuhan is just a dot in the map. I don't believe it affect the whole country.

1581507192387.png

John Hopkins CSSE has a better map of the current situation in China. Here is the link if you would like to stay informed:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

It is updated daily - unlike Google Earth.

I don't care that you don't agree with me. I simply found your assumption that I am not familiar with the size of China rude and your phrasing offensive.

I also don't believe I have done anything to merit you saying I should not be in the forum. I have an opinion and I appreciate polite discussion. I have also paid my way and have a right to be here as much as anyone else.

Mar

It is updated daily - unlike Google Earth.
The Google map I attached is to show Wuhan, not the Corona Virus and looking at your map confirmed that the virus don't affect the whole country.
I don't care that you don't agree with me. I simply found your assumption that I am not familiar with the size of China rude and your phrasing offensive.
You don't have to agree with me and I will not say you are rude just because you don't agree. I never said or assume that that you are not familiar with the size of China. I don't think I am rude, in fact it was you who tried to put the word idiot in my mouth.
I also don't believe I have done anything to merit you saying I should not be in the forum. I have an opinion and I appreciate polite discussion. I have also paid my way and have a right to be here as much as anyone else.
Having paid don't mean you can say people are rude just because they don't agree with your views. You must understand that the forum is not only to help other members, it is also to exchange views and ideas. If you think other members are rude just because they don't agree with you, you really should not be in the forum, I am serious.

Last edited:

lacelane

So any word we can start dropshipping yet? I got an email from cj dropshipping that they can't fulfull orders to at least the 17th of February. Is that what you all expect too?

Mar

So any word we can start dropshipping yet? I got an email from cj dropshipping that they can't fulfull orders to at least the 17th of February. Is that what you all expect too?
Who is cj dropshipping? If it is AliExpress seller, it don't speak for the whole industry. @Yaros statements are in this thread. Do not believe in rumurs.

Mar

I received an order yesterday, ordered in AliExpress the same day, shipped immediately today. That is a proof that rumors and opinions that businesses have stopped due to Corona virus is not true. Opinions are thoughts of people that is not necessarily correct. (date of the screenshot is one day earlier due to difference in time zones)

1581574831789.png
1581574922142.png
1581575173726.png

Direct Webstore

That is a proof that rumors and opinions that businesses have stopped due to Corona virus is not true.
The Dropshipping/Corona Virus Drama. It IS being beat up WAY out of proportion all over the place (Youtube, blogs etc).

Humans + Excessive chin-wagging. All is normal.

lacelane

I messaged some people on aliexpress, they have not read the messages yet, would that be safe to say they are still on vacation? Also cj dropshipping is just a dropshipping operation, nothing like aliexpress though