Best Hosting Plan

Mar

The thing that REALLY worries me about SiteGround:

They can shut down all of your sites at once, without any warning!
It happened to me once last year, so I contacted support at the time to find out what was going on, and they accused me of CPU abuse.
I asked them what caused it and they said "bad Bots" hmmmm.......... "OK how do I fix it" ..........they replied "we don't know"
After 6 days, it fixed itself !!!
The bad experience I have with other host providers combined would not beat the bad experience I have with Siteground. Everyday I have warnings of different resources abuse, Disk Space, RAM, CPU, Data Base all hit their limits, all I never heard of my current host provider. One that is really exceptional is the Data Base limit. I cannot remember the exact figures but I hit this limit and they suggested to make the data base smaller or upgrade. I saw the the data base limit of the upgrade, yes it is bigger. Then I notice another, the data base table limit. Again I cannot remember the exact figure but one of my data base tables is only 1MB less and I will hit the limit. So I asked Siteground support about it. The answer is if I hit the Data Base table limit which I am sure I would, I'll have to upgrade again. Really weird.

Last edited:

Jin Jie

The bad experience I have with other host providers combined would not beat the bad experience I have with Siteground. Everyday I have warnings of different resources abuse, Disk Space, RAM, CPU, Data Base all hit their limits, all I never heard of my current host provider. One that is really exceptional is the Data Base limit. I cannot remember the exact figures but I hit this limit and they suggested to make the data base smaller or upgrade. I saw the the data base limit of the upgrade, yes it is bigger. Then I notice another, the data base table limit. Again I cannot remember the exact figure but one of my data base tables is only 1MB less and I will hit the limit. So I asked Siteground support about it. The answer as if I hit the Data Base table limit which I am sure I would, I'll have to upgrade again. Really weird.
Hi Mar, thanks for taking the time to explain the troubles you have had with SiteGround. I feel they have grown too big, and that could be their downfall due to the restrictions they impose and the unnecessary price increases. Anyway, I've had some great advice from you (thanks again) and your experience with them, and will change over to the one you recommended soon as my plan expires, or even earlier, as I feel more than insecure hosting my sites with them and with their current policies. I am totally fed up with checking the "Account Executions" to make sure they don't shut me down!

Direct Webstore

Can this work on hostgator as well?
I have a Hostgator Business Cloud account as well and I can't see them anywhere when you click "Edit Custom PHP.ini". I was going to contact support and ask them if they could install and/or enable them, but seeing as I haven't had any CPU problems yet, I haven't bothered.

You could open a chat window with them and ask I suppose. Let me know what they say.

;)

ofuroinu

I have a Hostgator Business Cloud account as well and I can't see them anywhere when you click "Edit Custom PHP.ini". I was going to contact support and ask them if they could install and/or enable them, but seeing as I haven't had any CPU problems yet, I haven't bothered.

You could open a chat window with them and ask I suppose. Let me know what they say.

;)

These days I am seeing my site with them is having issues like error 5xx server busy cant load few seconds. Checked with them they said my site is using alot of blah blah CPU and sucking there juices. I have to disable the WOO comm FB Plugin (the same one used by you I guess) sync product function. I am confused don't know what plugin to use for sync without these type of issues.
Find a good cheap hosting is nightmare in woo. Waiting to try mars one, but only after 3yrs contract over with HG
This store only having 600 products.

Direct Webstore

Checked with them they said my site is using alot of blah blah CPU and sucking there juices.
I'm not having that problem .... yet. If I ever do, I'll spend $60 on another Intersever account and move my 4 Hostgator accounts to it. I already have another 4 sites in an Interserver Account, but I don't want to squeeze 8 into it. Ideally, in the future, I'd like to have just 2 sites per account.

3yrs contract over with HG
Mine ends next year, but I'll move before that if I have to.

Waiting to try mars one,
I haven't had any problems with it so far ... with 4 sites in one account.

;)

ofuroinu

I'm not having that problem .... yet. If I ever do, I'll spend $60 on another Intersever account and move my 4 Hostgator accounts to it. I already have another 4 sites in an Interserver Account, but I don't want to squeeze 8 into it. Ideally, in the future, I'd like to have just 2 sites per account.

Mine ends next year, but I'll move before that if I have to.

I haven't had any problems with it so far ... with 4 sites in one account.

;)

Although plan is unlimited hosting do you actually mean that if we host more sites on single account is bad ...?

Direct Webstore

Although plan is unlimited hosting do you actually mean that if we host more sites on single account is bad ...?
Sure. You're using the same resources for all sites in the account. So "Unlimited domains" is a bit of a joke because there's not enough resources for unlimited. You'll use all the resources up eventually. If they were just blog sites you could have quite a few, but e-commerce sites use up more resources. Especially these Alidropship ones.

I'd rather have limited domains and unlimited resources! lol ;)

caroline

Shutting down your sites with no warning is pretty rude. I'm glad I've never used them. The really large hosts like that seem to be out of touch with their customers.

I'm starting to think mid sized hosts are better and care about their customers more because they ARE smaller and need to compete with the bigger guys.

I've tried a lot of hosts over the years and I really like "Intersever" that @Mar put me onto. Good speed, (my sites load between 2-4 seconds) unlimited storage and domains, free SSL, prompt helpful support ... for $5 per month. I have 4 sites there with no problems. I have another 4 on Hostgator Business cloud, which is fine, but it's more expensive for the same conditions/performance of Intersrver. So as soon as that contract is finished, I'll be moving those sites to Interserver too.

;)
Hi Thanks for the info, with Interserver the websites you have with them. how many products do you have on one website for example? If you don/t mind me asking.:)

Mar

Hi Thanks for the info, with Interserver the websites you have with them. how many products do you have on one website for example? If you don/t mind me asking.:)
If you don't mind me answering your question, I have 2,256 products with 43413 variations and counting with 22.08GB disk usage. The issue of high CPU usage with auto update activated was resolved when I signed up to this $5.00/mo Standard Web Hosting. I cannot even activate Social Rabbit then, it crashed my site. Now auto update is activated and Social Rabbit is running. The screenshot below is of one of my site. I just add content to my second site in the same server and everything is running fine with no issue at all.

1560565111596.png

1560565533583.png

Last edited:

caroline

Thanks heaps for the reply. I have just joined the $5 plan and I am waiting for them to help migrate my website. Thanks again for your recommendation.:)