Best Hosting Plan

psimhq

I am new to dropshipping (but not new to AliExpress). I have some questions and hope to receive any feedback or advice.

I bought the Custom Store service from Alidropship and it is completed but I found some issues with the check-out cart.

I used different browsers on desktop and mobile to test and all show the same problem.
Example, 3 items can be added to cart, then in View Cart, I remove 1 of them. When Check Out is clicked, all 3 items are still shown.
Similar to this, when any new item is added to the cart, upon Check Out, the newly added item does not appear.
I suspect it is a cache or cookie issue? I'm quite a n00b so I can't really figure out why this is going on...

Question 1: Has anyone experienced anything like what I described?

When I contacted my custom store project manager Elena, she asked to access the database of my hosting "to check those bugs cause they are connected with your hosting". My webhost does not allow access to cPanel or to the database. What my webhost did was install the WP Database Backup plugin and generated database backup so that Alidropship can inspect it on their end.

Elena replied that the issue is not there anymore (I am not sure if they checked the database back-up because she did not specify that), but when I checked, the same issues were still present I informed her and she acknowledged that it is true.

Of course then she suggested: "I can only suggest that you change hosting to AliDropship to get rid of the issue cause the issue is definitely connected with hosting."

I thought that was the best way forward, since their hosting is "Perfectly optimized for the AliDropship plugin" (according to the wording on https://alidropship.com/hosting), but then I found this forum and read through some threads. And am now reconsidering if I should simply proceed.

Question 2: Why is Interserver so highly recommended?

Compared to Alidropship's Silver plan hosting, Interserver is $1 more per month, for their $5/mth plan. I've never heard of them before (as mentioned - n00b here), but seeing so many good things said about them, example by @Mar, I am tempted to use them instead. But would really like to understand more first.

I thought I could start promoting my web store, but I think the best thing is to solve the Cart issue first.

Thanks so much for reading. Any advice would be much appreciated!

==========
PS. Realise my first question may belong to another category or thread instead of this one? Sorry if I broke any forum rules here

Mar

Compared tohosting Alidropship's Silver plan , Interserver is $1 more per month, for their $5/mth plan. I've never heard of them before (as mentioned - n00b here), but seeing so many good things said about them, example by @Mar, I am tempted to use them instead. But would really like to understand more first.
All you need to know about Interserver is here in this thread, including statements from users whose sites are with InterServer. My sites have been with a number of host providers, never lasted more than two months in any of them for various issues. I don't stay if the host provider don't meet my standards, the reason is simply because I pay. My sites are with InterServer for almost two years now. Don't have to speak much, that alone is enough.

Sunster

Staff member
I am new to dropshipping (but not new to AliExpress). I have some questions and hope to receive any feedback or advice.
==========
PS. Realise my first question may belong to another category or thread instead of this one? Sorry if I broke any forum rules here

First thank you for this. It's nice to see users that care about forum rules when they post.

For the issue you are having it does sound like a caching issue and the cart is not updating. I would only look on the hosting side once you have done all your troubleshooting on the install first. (install issues, plugin conflict, caching plugin etc). Then normally at this point i would also suggest to contact Alidropship support (which you also did) so they can get in and take a look since it's a custom store but you stated, "My webhost does not allow access to cPanel or to the database ". This is very weird to me. Why would you not have full access to your hosting account. Is it a actual host or is someone just hosting your site as a addon on their plan. Whatever the reason i would probably suggest a change in web host after hearing that.

For hosting, just remember that your web host doesn't have to be optimized to run Alidropship, it just needs to have the requirements to run it. Do your research but definitely stay far away from any EIG owned web host.

psimhq

All you need to know about Interserver is here in this thread, including statements from users whose sites are with InterServer. My sites have been with a number of host providers, never lasted more than two months in any of them for various issues. I don't stay if the host provider don't meet my standards, the reason is simply because I pay. My sites are with InterServer for almost two years now. Don't have to speak much, that alone is enough.
Ok thanks for this - I will search the forum for "Interserver" and see what else has been said.
Your vote of confidence for this web host greatly encourages me to try them out!

Reactions: Mar

Direct Webstore

I bought the Custom Store service from Alidropship
My webhost does not allow access to cPanel or to the database.
Then how did Alidropship install your store?

Elena, she asked to access the database of my hosting "to check those bugs cause they are connected with your hosting".
does not allow access to cPanel or to the database
This is confusing. What database does she want to look at? Your store's database or your host's database? The first quote says she wants to look at the host's database and then you are saying they don't allow access to the "cPanel and database", which would be your store's database. It's contradicting.

Just let me get this straight. Do YOU have access to your cPanel and the store's database? With any normal web host, you will. You have to! You need to be able to setup email accounts and all the other cPanel functions. If you don't have access to the cPanel that allows you to control your store's files, database, email accounts etc ... then they are a terrible web host and it quite possibly IS cause of your problems. SImple solution, get a new host. I use and recommend Interserver too. I don't have any problems with it.

BUT ... if you DO have access to YOUR cPanel/database and Elena was indeed talking about your host's database, then again, the problem is with your host.

However, because of the contradicting quotes and statements, I'm not really sure of what Elena wanted to actually look at. It's possible you misunderstood her. Actually, asking for access to your HOST"S database sounds crazy! No webhost would allow that. That's why I think it may be your store's database she wanted to look at. But wait! It's a custom store! They had to have access to it too install the custom store!

See what I mean? Nothing makes sense. Too many conflicts and contradictions. It would be better if you copy/pasted Elena's reply because your 3rd hasn't recount does not make sense. And if that IS a direct quote, it STILL makes no sense.

I'm getting a headache. ;)

EDIT
To Hell with it. Just do this ...

1. Install the Updraft Plus plugin (free)

2. Backup your whole store, files, and database to Google Drive. (You should have a "yourstore@gmail.com" account anyway, not only for Google Drive to back up your store, but also for having a dedicated Youtube channel for your store.)
Also .. just to be safe download a zip of your sites files and a copy of your database to your computer. Really, don't skip this. It probably won't be needed, but better to be safe than sorry.

3. Contact Interserver and tell them you want to open an account and transfer your current domain to be the main domain with them. They will help.

4. Install Wordpress and Updraft Plus. That's all.

5. Use Updraft Plus to restore your backup.

6. Done! Your store is now restored in a new home and your cart and checkout should work fine.

Just do it! I have done similar to the above many, many times over the years. (Moving sites to new hosts) Trust me.

:)

Last edited:

psimhq

Then how did Alidropship install your store?
I provided Wordpress user and login access for them. They did ask for cPanel access, but it looked like Wordpress access was enough for them to carry out building the site.

What database does she want to look at? Your store's database or your host's database?
She wanted to look at my website's database (up to now, I still don't get what this means o_O).

You should have a "yourstore@gmail.com" account anyway, not only for Google Drive to back up your store, but also for having a dedicated Youtube channel for your store.
Thanks for the insight! This is helpful!

Just do it! I have done similar to the above many, many times over the years. (Moving sites to new hosts)
Yes, that's what I intend to do, although it feels intimidating, for a newbie like myself!

Your store is now restored in a new home and your cart and checkout should work fine.
I sure hope this will be the case!!!

Once again, @Direct Webstore, thanks for taking the time to write this. Your help and advice are much appreciated! :D

Thank you for suggestion! I am new to drop shipping and I am interested to see how people works on higher level, because in this way I gain a lot of experience. Besides that, I didn't knew about things like web hosting and alidropship community. I just work with aliexpress and amazon in my small country and make pretty good money for a student who lives in dormitory. Moreover I will start to work for my uncle's company. He works on different kind of internet projects and he needs good web hosting service for a good price. Now, he is using https://www.digitizd.com/hosting/bluehost-review/, he likes them due to good prices and quality. Hope it is useful for you guys. :)

Last edited:

syahruldoank

Sorry for bad English. What web hosting do you use on Interserver? Web Hosting - cpanel or Web Hosting Direct Admin?

Mar

Sorry for bad English. What web hosting do you use on Interserver? Web Hosting - cpanel or Web Hosting Direct Admin?
Avail of the InterServer Black Friday promo. Check down below for web hosting packages that suits you. Check the details.

1637746099142.png
1637746273206.png