Alishipping

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hi, Rodmeister.
As much as I would love to help, I'm afraid we are unable to do this without a website where we reproduce the issue.
But it can't be reproduced on our test websites, sorry.

Mar

After making the checkout page correctly adjust shipping calculations for all orders, I then added an "Update" button inside the shipping calculator of the cart page and added a disclosure message right below the "Proceed to checkout" button confirming that the total cost of an order including shipping is confirmed by clicking the shipping "Update" button. In other words, I'm basically leaving the instruction to always use the "Update" button in order to get the shipping calculations.
I continue to see errors in shipping calculation mostly in cart with more than one item. The screenshot below is a cart, one item is free shipping selected by default, one with no shipping method selected again by default. If the buyer don't select a shipping method of the product that there is not and proceed to checkout with Paypal, there will be no error, screenshot below. The buyer can pay with the amount $37.16, the cost of the products without shipping cost. When I order the products in AliExpress, I will surely pay the shipping cost. This issue defeated the purpose of the add-on. If you can please share the code to have this 'Update" button in place, although this would not help if the buyer intentionally skip to select the shipping method in cart.

1599550912222.png

1599550496560.png

Rodmeister

Hi, Rodmeister.
As much as I would love to help, I'm afraid we are unable to do this without a website where we reproduce the issue.
But it can't be reproduced on our test websites, sorry.

Oh okay, I've been urged to get the site ready to go live as soon as possible which was why I had to come up with an alternative solution quick. The client didn't want to wait for you guys to go testing around the site unless you felt to have at least an idea of what the issue was about but you didn't exactly share any troubleshooting suggestions nor any early bird predictions of a possible root cause so they asked me to try come up with a workaround and now they are fine with the plan B route I took. However, once I'm done with the client project that experienced this problem. I will see if I can recreate the same situation on another domain where they claimed having interest in purchasing the Alidropship plugin and Alishipping add-on again. By then I should have more available time to resume this topic and allow you to examine, thanks for your support @Nadezhda!

chris37

Oh okay, I've been urged to get the site ready to go live as soon as possible which was why I had to come up with an alternative solution quick. The client didn't want to wait for you guys to go testing around the site unless you felt to have at least an idea of what the issue was about but you didn't exactly share any troubleshooting suggestions nor any early bird predictions of a possible root cause so they asked me to try come up with a workaround and now they are fine with the plan B route I took. However, once I'm done with the client project that experienced this problem. I will see if I can recreate the same situation on another domain where they claimed having interest in purchasing the Alidropship plugin and Alishipping add-on again. By then I should have more available time to resume this topic and allow you to examine, thanks for your support @Nadezhda!
If your site is less then 500mb then install the wp migration is an very easy plugin .
1)export your website
2) Create a subdomain
3)install wp migration
4)import the website
5)give access to alidropship team (remember to change the password before ,Because is gonna be the same like your origina domain)
6)then alidropship team can recreate the issue worry free

They must to put one new licence in the alishipping plugin (but dont worry about it they have many ;))
If they really want to help this is the way to go!

Rodmeister

I continue to see errors in shipping calculation mostly in cart with more than one item. The screenshot below is a cart, one item is free shipping selected by default, one with no shipping method selected again by default. If the buyer don't select a shipping method of the product that there is not and proceed to checkout with Paypal, there will be no error, screenshot below. The buyer can pay with the amount $37.16, the cost of the products without shipping cost. When I order the products in AliExpress, I will surely pay the shipping cost. This issue defeated the purpose of the add-on. If you can please share the code to have this 'Update" button in place, although this would not help if the buyer intentionally skip to select the shipping method in cart.

View attachment 12800

View attachment 12798
Sure no worries @Mar! I actually didn't apply custom coding via child themes though, I actually just installed the "Booster for WooCommerce" plugin in order to add the Update button for the shipping calculator in the cart page. You can find it in the plugins repository by just typing "Booster". After you install and activate it, navigate here: WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Shipping & Orders > Shipping Calculator

After you access the Shipping Calculator menu options, look for an option on the bottom that says "Force Block Open" and enable it, then click "Save changes" and you're all set. You'll see the Update button displaying inside the shipping calculator of your Cart page ;)

Mar

Sure no worries @Mar! I actually didn't apply custom coding via child themes though, I actually just installed the "Booster for WooCommerce" plugin in order to add the Update button for the shipping calculator in the cart page. You can find it in the plugins repository by just typing "Booster". After you install and activate it, navigate here: WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Shipping & Orders > Shipping Calculator

After you access the Shipping Calculator menu options, look for an option on the bottom that says "Force Block Open" and enable it, then click "Save changes" and you're all set. You'll see the Update button displaying inside the shipping calculator of your Cart page ;)
Thanks for that, I will take care of it anytime now.

Rodmeister

If your site is less then 500mb then install the wp migration is an very easy plugin .
1)export your website
2) Create a subdomain
3)install wp migration
4)import the website
5)give access to alidropship team (remember to change the password before ,Because is gonna be the same like your origina domain)
6)then alidropship team can recreate the issue worry free

They must to put one new licence in the alishipping plugin (but dont worry about it they have many ;))
If they really want to help this is the way to go!

Hi Chris! Yeah that would be a good idea but the website is much heavier than 500MB unfortunately so I would have to do the migration manually which is kind of a distraction for me at this moment since I still got a lot left to do for the client. However, I will find the time to do what you suggested after the site goes live and will see if the Alidropship team can login and check it out by then :)

Last edited:

Mar

After you access the Shipping Calculator menu options, look for an option on the bottom that says "Force Block Open" and enable it, then click "Save changes" and you're all set. You'll see the Update button displaying inside the shipping calculator of your Cart page
It don't work in my site. Maybe because there is no shipping calculator in the cart page. I removed it. The shipping calculator is in the checkout page only. Thanks anyway, no big deal.

chris37

This specific add on have many issue ...for very long time, I don't believe we gonna see 100% fix in the near future

Reactions: Mar

Rodmeister

It don't work in my site. Maybe because there is no shipping calculator in the cart page. I removed it. The shipping calculator is in the checkout page only. Thanks anyway, no big deal.

@Mar Oh okay, I thought you wanted to make the Update button display on the Cart page just like I did on my end. However, if you intentionally chose to have the shipping calculator removed from the Cart page and only left the Checkout page in charge of properly adding all totals and shipping then maybe you should consider applying the fix that solved my issue with the Checkout page pulling the wrongly calculated totals and shipping.

In good theory, the Woocommerce Checkout page should always update the totals and shipping calculations to the correct amounts even if the Cart page were to have been doing the calculations entirely or partially wrong. However, in my case that wasn't happening when I was clicking the "Proceed to checkout" button in the Cart page. After further research, I discovered that the only way to make the Checkout page automatically update the totals and shipping correctly even if the Cart page was not doing it right was by turning on the built-in Woocommerce feature titled as "Enable debug mode". To do this you must go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Options

There will be a sentence below that debugging option saying the following "Enable shipping debug mode to show matching shipping zones and to bypass shipping rate cache." After testing this out I noticed this feature strictly searches for a matching shipping zones to calculate shipping fees. In my case, the reason why this solved my issue with the Checkout calculations was because I kept the Cart page calculator on and left it configured on Woocommerce > Settings > General to use "No location by default" on the field saying "Default customer location". When a customer goes to my store and adds something to the cart, they are forced to manually provide their shipping address in the Cart page so the shipping calculator can search for a matching shipping zone in order to begin the shipping calculations.

From what I've noticed, the Alishipping plugin automatically imports all AliExpress shipping methods and pricing until you create your shipping zones first. In my case, the store that is using Alishipping is only meant to sell products to one country. So, I had created a shipping zone for the country in question when I first tested the Alishippping plugin and it was working fine but I never tested adding multiple different products to the cart and checking the shipping calculations because I assumed it was working perfect since it would always show calculate everything fine for one unit or multiple units of a same product. But once my client informed about the issue with multiple different products, that was when I started investigating further and realized that enabling the debug mode within the Woocommerce "Shipping Options" menu was the only way to make my Checkout page finally override any wrongly calculated totals and shipping amounts in the Cart page.

So, even if a customer in my store forgets to click the shipping Update button that I added to the shipping calculator in the Cart page...that will no longer affect the Checkout page because it now makes it's order totals and shipping calculations separately. Try this out and see if you have any luck, I would want to believe that you should obtain the same results. Good luck!

Last edited:

Rodmeister

On a separate note, I wanted to say that explanations and efforts like mine shared on this thread to attempt find solutions and share what worked for me with the rest of the forum community is what I was actually expecting from the Alidropship team hehe! :p

When I worked for Hewlett Packard and Microsoft, me and the rest of the technical support teams were not allowed to just ask for permission to remote access a customer's computer the moment they contacted us to report an issue. There is a process to follow before doing that which involves asking probing questions and compiling details about the symptoms of the problem to finally determine what can be suggested in order to troubleshoot the issue. If after suggesting a series of things nothing works then yes, we would finally offer the option of taking control of the customer's computer to investigate the problem.

In summary, asking for WP login details should be seen as the last option to consider after trying to identify the root cause of a problem and finding a solution for it. This is just my humble opinion based on work experience from many years ago, hopefully the Alidropship team might consider adopting this concept since it is proven to be the best practice for all online forum communities. Nonetheless, I am happy with the Alidropship products despite there is still room for improvement and hope to see the Alidropship brand continue growing, evolving and innovating since I do see very strong potential without a doubt :)

chris37

On a separate note, I wanted to say that explanations and efforts like mine shared on this thread to attempt find solutions and share what worked for me with the rest of the forum community is what I was actually expecting from the Alidropship team hehe! :p

When I worked for Hewlett Packard and Microsoft, me and the rest of the technical support teams were not allowed to just ask for permission to remote access a customer's computer the moment they contacted us to report an issue. There is a process to follow before doing that which involves asking probing questions and compiling details about the symptoms of the problem to finally determine what can be suggested in order to troubleshoot the issue. If after suggesting a series of things nothing works then yes, we would finally offer the option of taking control of the customer's computer to investigate the problem.

In summary, asking for WP login details should be seen as the last option to consider after trying to identify the root cause of a problem and finding a solution for it. This is just my humble opinion based on work experience from many years ago, hopefully the Alidropship team might consider adopting this concept since it is proven to be the best practice for all online forum communities. Nonetheless, I am happy with the Alidropship products despite there is still room for improvement and hope to see the Alidropship brand continue growing, evolving and innovating since I do see very strong potential without a doubt :)

The alidropship team first ask login credentials before anything else :confused:
Happen many times ...
Many people come in this forum showing same proplem and they ask for each one of them for login credentials, then they blame the site .

Reactions: Mar

Mar

The alidropship team first ask login credentials before anything else :confused:
Happen many times ...
Many people come in this forum showing same proplem and they ask for each one of them for login credentials, then they blame the site .
As I mentioned in my previous post, it is to show that the problem is in the sites, not the add-on. So desperate, clearly the team is not capable of resolving the issues.

Mar

In summary, asking for WP login details should be seen as the last option to consider after trying to identify the root cause of a problem and finding a solution for it.
In contrary, that is not the practice here. Minor or major issue reported, the team is quick to ask for admin, even cPanel access. That is even if the same issue is reported by many users, clearly indicating that the site has nothing to do with it.

Nadezhda

Staff member

Your description of the issue was rather detailed, that's why after attempts to reproduce the issue on the test site I should have asked for the credentials to reproduce it on yours. As mentioned above to fix the issue we should figure out what caused it.
Anyway thanks for your effort to investigate the issue:)

Mar

However, in my case that wasn't happening when I was clicking the "Proceed to checkout" button in the Cart page. After further research, I discovered that the only way to make the Checkout page automatically update the totals and shipping correctly even if the Cart page was not doing it right was by turning on the built-in Woocommerce feature titled as "Enable debug mode". To do this you must go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Options
I did it, I also restored shipping calculation in cart. However I still see this cart with more than one item. Just like my previous post, one item has no selected shipping method by default. This is the main serious concern. If the buyer proceed with checkout, not choosing shipping method intentionally to get away paying the shipping cost, it is actually possible. The amount will be carried to Paypal window without errors. Again, I will have to pay the shipping cost in AliExpress. Attention support team.

1599626271012.png

1599626353750.png

kittycatgifts

I did it, I also restored shipping calculation in cart. However I still see this cart with more than one item. Just like my previous post, one item has no selected shipping method by default. This is the main serious concern. If the buyer proceed with checkout, not choosing shipping method intentionally to get away paying the shipping cost, it is actually possible. The amount will be carried to Paypal window without errors. Again, I will have to pay the shipping cost in AliExpress. Attention support team.

View attachment 12813

View attachment 12814

Did you resolve the issue of the shipping not adding up? I have encountered this too.

When I edit the product, the shipping rates in USD match what is on Alixpress. But if I have more than one product in cart, the Alishipping options do not add up.

chris37

Did you resolve the issue of the shipping not adding up? I have encountered this too.

When I edit the product, the shipping rates in USD match what is on Alixpress. But if I have more than one product in cart, the Alishipping options do not add up.
Disable your cached plugin and try again.

I thing they fix this issue long time ago.

Also a screenshot from your Ali shipping dashboard is gonna give us more clean picture of your problem.

kittycatgifts

Disable your cached plugin and try again.

I thing they fix this issue long time ago.

Also a screenshot from your Ali shipping dashboard is gonna give us more clean picture of your problem.
Yes, I have disabled cache and all plugins to rule out conflicts.

Have updated all plugins and themes, have tried twenty twenty one themes an still the alishipping does not add up the shipping properly if two or more products in cart. One product it displays properly, but add a second product, the shipping of the first products value changes when you add the shipping for product 1 and product 2 it is not calculated properly.

Please also note I have tested with:

WooCommerce Shipping Disabled (this makes no differnce)
USD
NZD
Deactivated all plugins not needed to test
Tried Twenty Twenty one theme
Tried One Product (horray it displays the correct shipping amount)
Add Second Product (product 1 shipping price changes to someting else and does not add up with product 2.
Removed all from Products
Re Added Ali Shipping to all products.

I also need to be able to use WooCommerce Shipping as I have local products I stock and ship and there are two methods, Free and Rural. And I have shipping classes set for my NZ stock to display correct shipping. That is all working as I need it to. And disabling them, did not fix the problem with AliShipping not adding the values that are imported with the Dropshipping products.

On my dropshipping products, the first shipping payment method is FREE - but may take longer, or they can choose the faster Ali Shipping Methods and pay - if they want their orders faster. So because if they have more than one item in cart and these figures are not adding up (they add up to much less), my workaround is to make sure I have a good enough markup on the products to compensate for the cost of shipping and to communicate to my customers, I have put "Per Product Selected Delivery Options (discounted 1+ items)" so I don't look incompetent and can't do the math.

Attachments

• switched to twenty twenty one theme.png
    switched to twenty twenty one theme.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
  • removed 2 plugins for theme.png
    removed 2 plugins for theme.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
  • deactivate plugins except theme2.png
    deactivate plugins except theme2.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 5
  • disabled woocheckout.png
    disabled woocheckout.png