Alishipping

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen many updates of the Shipping Products AliExpress add-on and was thinking that issues were resolved. But a quick test today, I saw an issue that I think was already reported earlier. A paid shipping method was selected in one of the products in cart but the Selected delivery for each product is marked zero. To the team, please check.

View attachment 12585

Hello!

I have just tested AliShipping add-on on our test website, and 'selected delivery for each product' is counting properly:

Screenshot - 2020-08-18T095218.657.png

Could you, please, provide your WP-admin and CPanel access details, so we can check, what might be wrong?

EdK

Hi, first time poster so apologies if I'm on the wrong thread. I purchased the Alishipping plugin today. I realized that even when I select a paid shipping option, the cart shows a discount price that's the same dollar value as the shipping option I chose. This "discount" does not get calculated in the final price.

I've attached a screenshot - I've selected Standard Shipping at $3.23, my cart shows I saved "$3.23", but yet the final calculation doesn't minus the $3.23. Is this a bug, or is there a setting somewhere I missed out?

Thanks and appreciate any help or to point me to any documentation.

Cheers.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 8.59.04 PM.png

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, first time poster so apologies if I'm on the wrong thread. I purchased the Alishipping plugin today. I realized that even when I select a paid shipping option, the cart shows a discount price that's the same dollar value as the shipping option I chose. This "discount" does not get calculated in the final price.

I've attached a screenshot - I've selected Standard Shipping at $3.23, my cart shows I saved "$3.23", but yet the final calculation doesn't minus the $3.23. Is this a bug, or is there a setting somewhere I missed out?

Thanks and appreciate any help or to point me to any documentation.

Cheers.

View attachment 12740
Hello! Could you, please, provide your WP-admin access details, so we can check, what might be wrong?

Rodmeister

Hello everyone,

I’ve been testing the Alishipping add-on extension on an e-commerce website in development and I encountered some issues that I have yet not identified on the forum threads at the moment.

I would like to share my test case scenario here to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem since the issue itself could most likely lead to monetary loss / customer discrepancies if the website in question would have already been live and taking orders in such conditions.

In simple words, the Alishipping add-on extension fails to automatically and properly calculate shipping method fees whenever I add multiple different store products to the cart.

The only way I can make the cart page calculate the shipping fees for several different products is to make a minor change of some sort like add one more unit or change the shipping method and then revert that change back to what I originally had / wanted so the Update cart button can become eligible for me to click. Like that it will finally apply the shipping calculations to absolutely everything in the cart.

The odd thing is that this issue does not occur if I add one unit or multiple units of a single product to the cart. This is the only way the shipping calculations on the cart page will automatically display all relevant shipping methods and prices accurately.

Now the issue is a bit more complex since I encountered 3 different behaviors upon 3 different tests that I ran. The test cases I ran were the following:

• TEST #1 - Adding only one product to the cart (Both one unit and multiple of a same product)
  • TEST #2 - Adding two different products to the cart
  • TEST #3 - Adding 3 or more different products to the cart

NOTE: For these tests I only used store products that use paid shipping methods as the default shipping method of choice with AliExpress.

There’s really no need to get into much details about the results of the first test because that has already been explained above and is proven to work perfectly fine but I will still share a screenshot to associate to the first test anyway.

test-case1.jpeg

The outcomes of the 2nd and 3rd test are completely different though…

On TEST #2 the shipping calculations did not display any amounts for any of the two different products that were added to the cart. The shipping fees did display on the Cart page “Product” box area next to the descriptions of each product along with the product costs but, down on the Cart Totals box the shipping fees do not show up at all. Instead, I only got the message “Enter your address to view shipping options. Calculate shipping”.

test-case2.jpeg

When I clicked the Calculate shipping hyperlink text in that example, I was able to see a populated shipping address which is the WooCommerce store default address that I chose to use as the default on all orders. So, this test only made me conclude that for some unknown reason…adding two different products to the cart caused a conflict where the Alishipping add-on extension simply forgets that there is already a default address to be used to calculate the shipping fees for both products.

On TEST #3 the cart page reacted differently. I kept the same two products from TEST #2 in my cart page and simply added a third different product to the cart. After viewing the Cart Totals box on the bottom, I noticed the product cost of all 3 products were correctly added up and shipping fees for the two older cart products were now displayed in the Cart Totals box area and also included in the Total amount of the cart page. However, the third different product that was last added to the cart was now the only product that did not automatically get its shipping method fees included on the Cart Totals box area along with everything else.

test-case3.jpeg

I eventually decided to do one more test by adding a 4th different product to the cart page and still keeping the last 3 products that I had added on TEST #3 and by then the 4th product was now the only product missing shipping method fees on the calculations box and Total amount.

In summary, adding multiple different products to the cart makes the shipping calculations fail and from what I can tell, the issue is somehow related to the shipping address not being consistently detected when various different products are added to the cart. At one point I started wondering if it was a browser issue so I replicated all of this on Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge and got the same results in all cases. I tried deleting cookies and cache from all browsers but that made no difference either. I also hit the Update button on the Alishipping interface to update all store products once again in case it may have been something related to that but no luck either.

As a final effort on my behalf to try finding an alternative solution, I integrated Maxmind GeoLocation on the store just to see if the Alishipping add-on extension would start recognizing shipping address information in a more stable manner to trigger automatic shipping calculations but that did not work so I went ahead and revoked the Maxmind license key since I was only using it for examination purposes.

As an Alidropship Woo user, I can also confirm that I am using the latest plugin release which was updated this week and on the WooCommerce shipping options I also have the Shipping destination configured with Force shipping to the customer billing address which is apparently needed according to the knowledge base article published in the Alidropship Knowledge Base:

https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/3000670-alishipping

If nobody is familiar with these problems, I guess it would be a good idea to test this out yourselves and share some feedback confirming if you experienced the same results or not...this just to know if it's a collective issue impacting all users. At this point, I have no solid answers to these inconsistencies so any help from anyone would be gratefully appreciated, cheers!

Mar

If nobody is familiar with these problems, I guess it would be a good idea to test this out yourselves and share some feedback confirming if you experienced the same results or not...this just to know if it's a collective issue impacting all users. At this point, I have no solid answers to these inconsistencies so any help from anyone would be gratefully appreciated, cheers!
This is related to my post in this thread with a screenshot below. With more than one item in cart, the shipping cost is not added in the final total. Unfortunately, the support team is asking access to the site, trying to show that the problem is the site not the add-on, which I don't believe. Now here is the same issue from another site.

1599217062529.png

Rodmeister

This is related to my post in this thread with a screenshot below. With more than one item in cart, the shipping cost is not added in the final total. Unfortunately, the support team is asking access to the site, trying to show that the problem is the site not the add-on, which I don't believe. Now here is the same issue from another site.

View attachment 12771
Thanks for sharing @Mar! I had not seen your thread screenshot revealing what surely seems to relate to my issue despite your case scenario seems to portray another variant of the problem. But yes, it all seems to link to the same situation of shipping amounts not being properly calculated. How unfortunate, I had no idea the Alishipping add-on was this unstable. Application development teams normally go through rigorous alpha and beta testing procedures before publicly commercializing anything, I wonder how this got overlooked :confused:

Rodmeister

@Rodmeister, please PM me your wp access details for checking

I appreciate your promptness offering help @Nadezhda! Before considering the idea of sharing WP access, I would like to first ask you if the Alishipping add-on was in fact designed to import AliExpress shipping methods, fees and automatically handle shipping calculations? If your answer is yes, then I would like to proceed with confirming some basic specs of the website where I installed the Alishippping add-on:

WordPress 5.5.1
WooCommerce 4.4.1
Astra Theme
Elementor Builder

The reason why I'm bringing this up first is because I am well aware of how the Alidropship team claims the Alidropship plugin and all proprietary add-on extensions can only work properly when using all recommended resources such as the native Alidropship Woo themes.

Based on the fact that I am not using an Alidropship Woo theme, I'm trying to anticipate the possibility of getting a reply back from you saying the issue I'm expriencing is most likely / maybe / possibly / probably because I'm using the Astra theme.

If you can guarantee the Alishipping add-on works exactly as it should including the proper handling of shipping calculations with single or multipe products even if only possible with Alidropship Woo themes or throughout some other measure that I may have skipped, then I would rather make all the necessary adjustments myself to get things working properly. Until then, I shall wait your feedback @Nadezhda thank you!

Mar

I had not seen your thread screenshot revealing what surely seems to relate to my issue despite your case scenario seems to portray another variant of the problem
It is in this thread, page 6.
Application development teams normally go through rigorous alpha and beta testing procedures before publicly commercializing anything,
I believe the team is trying to resolve issues of the add-on, yet different problems, not only this are reported every now and then.
I wonder how this got overlooked
If you have seen all of this thread, you would not be asking how this got over looked. There are so many that is overlooked, in fact I think this is the add-on with the most issues.

chris37

@Rodmeister I see you use astra(propaply the organic template) one of the best my opinion.

I wish is not that but if the follow action I discriptio to you is gonna fix the issue you have ,then alidropship is have right about the conflict with astra and elementor.

When to woocomerce--》status --》tools--》clear customer session

If this is fix your issue is something between your cache/cookies and alidropship create the issue.

Give a try clean wordpress cache and try once more ....

Rodmeister

It is in this thread, page 6.

I believe the team is trying to resolve issues of the add-on, yet different problems, not only this are reported every now and then.

If you have seen all of this thread, you would not be asking how this got over looked. There are so many that is overlooked, in fact I think this is the add-on with the most issues.

Well, I really like the Alidropship plugin and the Alishipping add-on is something I've been needing. I'm just wondering if the add-on is proven to work properly without any issues if used throughout absolutely all the Alidropship guidelines, resources and suggestions. Maybe the issue is just happening because I'm not using an actual confirmed compatible Alidropship Woo Theme.

Reactions: Mar

Rodmeister

@Rodmeister I see you use astra(propaply the organic template) one of the best my opinion.

I wish is not that but if the follow action I discriptio to you is gonna fix the issue you have ,then alidropship is have right about the conflict with astra and elementor.

When to woocomerce--》status --》tools--》clear customer session

If this is fix your issue is something between your cache/cookies and alidropship create the issue.

Give a try clean wordpress cache and try once more ....

Thanks for the suggestion man, I actually tried that but the problem still occurs unfortunately. Does the Alishipping add-on handle shipping calculations correctly for you whenever you add 2 or more different products to the cart?

Reactions: Mar

chris37

Thanks for the suggestion man, I actually tried that but the problem still occurs unfortunately. Does the Alishipping add-on handle shipping calculations correctly for you whenever you add 2 or more different products to the cart?
To most of the products yes...to me my issue is when I add 2 products and the one is delivered in that country and the other is not...the plugin is still prosside the order . I must manual refunds the customer and cancel the order

Mar

Maybe the issue is just happening because I'm not using an actual confirmed compatible Alidropship Woo Theme.
In the documentation, nothing was mentioned about compatible themes, and there should be no restriction with themes. These are bugs that need to be fixed. I saw many updates of the add-on. but I never saw details, so I was thinking that issues were resolved and the add-on improved. But it turned out that issues are not less after those updates.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Thanks for sharing @Mar! I had not seen your thread screenshot revealing what surely seems to relate to my issue despite your case scenario seems to portray another variant of the problem. But yes, it all seems to link to the same situation of shipping amounts not being properly calculated. How unfortunate, I had no idea the Alishipping add-on was this unstable. Application development teams normally go through rigorous alpha and beta testing procedures before publicly commercializing anything, I wonder how this got overlooked :confused:

If you send me your wp access details in private message, we'll try to help you!

Rodmeister

If you send me your wp access details in private message, we'll try to help you!

Hi @Nadezhda! After further testing, I came up with an alternative plan solution to avoid having my issue with the cart page shipping calculations propagate over to the checkout page which was my biggest problem despite I never mentioned it being part of the issue.

After making the checkout page correctly adjust shipping calculations for all orders, I then added an "Update" button inside the shipping calculator of the cart page and added a disclosure message right below the "Proceed to checkout" button confirming that the total cost of an order including shipping is confirmed by clicking the shipping "Update" button. In other words, I'm basically leaving the instruction to always use the "Update" button in order to get the shipping calculations. |Similar to the "Update cart" button which function is to only adjust the cart page totals and shipping until product quantities or shipping methods are changed, this new "Update" button inside the shipping calculator area will do the same thing only with the minor difference that it remains permanently visible and enabled for all web visitors to click on at any time which is not the case with Woocommerce's "Update cart" button which only becomes clickable when quantities or shipping methods in fact changed.

I also anticipated the possibility of web visitors maybe forgetting to update the cart when making changes to the product quantities or shipping methods. So, I also added an ajax script based plugin to automatically update the cart totals and shipping whenever people change anything on the quantities or shipping methods. This last isn't exactly needed but I thought I'd mention it in case anybody else might have been thinking about a way to do it then yes, you can do it with a free plugin. Same goes for the "Update" button that I added inside the shipping calculator, also did that with a plugin using the built in free features.

However, if the Alidropship development team discovers a way to actually make the shipping calculations on the cart page correctly add up multiple different products on it's own when redirected to the cart area...then of course I will eliminate my alternative solution but for now I can live with this :)