Missing phone number causes a bug

riftgreen

So I'm using Alidropship Woo plugin, and I discovered that if you don't put a default phone number in your own settings AND if the customer doesn't input a phone number, then if you click "Place order automatically", the product gets correctly added to your cart in Aliexpress, and on the next page no phone number is filled in (of course), but even after waiting, the Wordpress dialog box is frozen with the status: "Filling shipping address". See attached photo.

I tested it with either a default phone number or a phone number inputted by a customer, the frozen "Filling shipping address" status doesn't happen and it completes successfully in those cases.

alidrop.png

Volodya Alexanyan

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, I wonder why does that happens like that. I mean, considering that you didn't fill in all the required information, it shouldn't even allow you to go forward with the order. I tried to do the same thing right now, and it actually works as you said. I think the developers should fix this as soon as possible. Oh man, I remember the last time when I sold a product on Ali, and the customer deleted his number right after placing the order. However, I saved it and even track his number using numbertrackerpro.com. I wanted to understand why did he delete it.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand and reproduce the issue on my side.

First of all, how exactl did your customer delete the phone number after placing the order on your website? All the details that he's filled in upon placing the order is stored in your Orders tab. He cannot remove it.

Secondly, let's say the phone number is not required on your website and the customer did not put it > you will still not be able to place the order automatically, as AliExpress will require you to put the phone number like in the screenshot below:

1643065671257.png

You are able to place the order automatically, as the AliDropship plugin & extension first opens the product on AliExpress and adds it to cart and only then starts to fill in the shipping details (where the phone number is getting requested).

At this point, my best recommendation for you is to make the phone field required, so your customers would not be able to place any orders on your website without providing their phone number.

Just in case, if you are using our AliDropship Woo themes:

To make the Phone field required > go to Appearance > Customize > Shop (WooCommerce) > Checkout > Select the Required option for your Phone field > Publish:

1643066084489.png

Best regards,
Volodya

BaB

Hi Volodya,

Of course, you can't understand and reproduce his problem because the problem doesn't exist. His intention was to leave a backlink for his site and he succeeded. Indeed, one of you administrators would have to deal with this problem, and delete posts whose sole purpose is to collect backlinks. If you look on the forum, you will see that it is a mass phenomenon.

Georgy

Seems no more moderator in this forum, all threads just filled with spam
Hi @Volodya Alexanyan

here are some of those spam people that you must look at them.

@yiaodamna
@Musanaq
@Morgan Lee
@Farstud
@EdnaW
@zeniaspell
@Satanic
@ruralinner

Are many in this forum ..

Some of them i made them report as well. But nothing happened so far.

Again we are looking forward for your great support on that matter.
Hi! Will check it, thank you

SauDev

Hello Guys,, I faced the same issue and if you check my activity you'll see I ain't no spammer also the Phone number field is checked required
and on the orders screen you can see there is no Phone number showing!!!

I asked the customer and she assured me she entered it so my guess is that I need to turn off all the plugins and turn them on one by one then try again but it would be awesome if you guys can fix it

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 10.14.36 AM.png

Georgy

Hello Guys,, I faced the same issue and if you check my activity you'll see I ain't no spammer also the Phone number field is checked required

I asked the customer and she assured me she entered it so my guess is that I need to turn off all the plugins and turn them on one by one then try again but it would be awesome if you guys can fix it

View attachment 15620
HI! Thank you for reaching out. Please, send your WP and cPanel access details to our support team to check the issue from your side. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it from my side. support@alidropship.com

Best regards,
George

View attachment 15620
Hi, I am facing exact same issue. When buyer use express checkout then phone number field is always empty. Did you find the solution of this issue? Anyone from support team?