Front Page and Mobile product display

Sadoun

Hi, I have recently installed the DaVinci 2.0 for Woo. Thank you by the way for such a wonderful theme. Your team did an amazing job. I appreciate it.

I am having small problem with setting up the Front Page. My website;s Front (home) page is not showing any of features available (Slider,Super Sale Banner, etc).

What am I doing wrong?

Also, when you open my website in an iOS mobile phone, you will get to the website fine. But when you click on a directory, it loads all the products in that directory. It takes for ever. It should only show 10-20 products at a time. Is it something in my setup, or something else?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi, I have recently installed the DaVinci 2.0 for Woo. Thank you by the way for such a wonderful theme. Your team did an amazing job. I appreciate it.

I am having small problem with setting up the Front Page. My website;s Front (home) page is not showing any of features available (Slider,Super Sale Banner, etc).

What am I doing wrong?

Also, when you open my website in an iOS mobile phone, you will get to the website fine. But when you click on a directory, it loads all the products in that directory. It takes for ever. It should only show 10-20 products at a time. Is it something in my setup, or something else?

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! :)
Have you installed theme demo content in your WP admin area?

General ‹ woo newdavinci — WordPress.jpg

Sadoun

Hi Ekaterina , Thank you very much for your fast response.:).. Your suggestion helped a lot and what I was looking for. I appreciate your assistance.

Now I have the following questions:

1- How to replace my already created existing categories on the front page and subsequent pages instead of the Theme categories (Category 1, Category 2, etc)?

2- Also, the Thumbnails for the Categories appear slightly on the dark side. Can you please let me know how to make it lighter?

3- How do I turn off the number ( ) of products between brackets for the categories? (i.e. Shop (1673), Sunglasses (13), etc)

4- Is there a way to turn off the name of the page appearing above the directory thumbnails? It seems redundant since the name is already there under the logo (i.e. Home > Shop ) and takes a lot of premium white space on the upper side of each page.

Front Page
Photo 2019-02-26 at 4.15.18 PM.jpg

Shop Page
Photo 2019-02-26 at 4.10.49 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

1- How to replace my already created existing categories on the front page and subsequent pages instead of the Theme categories (Category 1, Category 2, etc)?

https://help.alidropship.com/themes/customizing-the-davinci-20-woo-theme
Scroll down to the categories section. Basically ... just delete those categories.

You may find other answers to other questions at www.help.alidropship.com and using the search box there.
It's a very useful resource. :)

The rest of your questions require custom CSS and support does not normally handle custom work ... so I will answer.

2- Also, the Thumbnails for the Categories appear slightly on the dark side. Can you please let me know how to make it lighter?
No idea.

3- How do I turn off the number ( ) of products between brackets for the categories? (i.e. Shop (1673), Sunglasses (13), etc)

ul.slider-menu li.menu-item>a>.count, ul.product-categories li.cat-item>a>.count{
display: none;
}

4- Is there a way to turn off the name of the page appearing above the directory thumbnails? It seems redundant since the name is already there under the logo (i.e. Home > Shop ) and takes a lot of premium white space on the upper side of each page.

.woocommerce h1.page-title{
display: none;
}

Paste those CSS codes into Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS. You may have to clear caches to see the changes.

Sadoun

Thanks DWS, you've been most helpful.

1- I was able to fix this issue in the Appearance > Menu > Slider Menu settings. Then I deleted the unnecessary categories.

I have noticed though, that the categories "custom" order changes when you do a product sort (i.e. By price for example). The Directories order resorts back to Alphabetical instead of custom. Is that normal?

2- Still waiting some suggestions on that

3 & 4 - I haven't tried your custom CSS suggestion. Is it possible to reverse it if I decide so, without affecting the total customization of the theme? And if I implement the custom CSS to remove the page-title, will the page content move up to fill that empty white space on the page? In other words, will I gain that real estate back?

BTW, I didn't know I have to install the child theme, until I visited the URL you suggested. I went ahead and installed the CHILD THEME. That of course, reset all of my theme customization I have done previously :oops:. So I had to re-do the customization again. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I have noticed though, that the categories "custom" order changes when you do a product sort (i.e. By price for example). The Directories order resorts back to Alphabetical instead of custom. Is that normal?
I only used Davinci fior a short time ... so I can't say. That'a question for support.

3 & 4 - I haven't tried your custom CSS suggestion. Is it possible to reverse it if I decide so, without affecting the total customization of the theme?
Yes. Simply delete the CSS from the same place you pasted it (Additional CSS)

And if I implement the custom CSS to remove the page-title, will the page content move up to fill that empty white space on the page? In other words, will I gain that real estate back?
No. It just hides the title. To regain space will require more CSS. I'd have to check it later ... no time at the moment.

BTW, I didn't know I have to install the child theme, until I visited the URL you suggested. I went ahead and installed the CHILD THEME. That of course, reset all of my theme customization I have done previously :oops:. So I had to re-do the customization again. Lesson learned.
You do not have to install a child theme. You only need one if you are editing core theme files and doing extensive CSS customisation.
If you're just adding a few bits of custom CSS here and there ... it's totally fine adding it to Appearance>Customization>Additional CSS.
In this case I would advise against using a child theme. It slows things down a little. Get rid of it and go back to using the mother theme. You will find that all the old settings are still in place with it ... except maybe for the Additional CSS code. Just re-paste it again.

Sadoun

Thanks DWS for taking the time to answer my questions... I appreciate it.

I have a few more questions, that I will post in a separate thread.

sanjosj

Hi, I tried using Davinci Woo theme for my store, but the home page are not showing the sliders and product categories. I have already installed the theme demo, but still No luck.

Direct Webstore

Hi, I tried using Davinci Woo theme for my store, but the home page are not showing the sliders and product categories.
Look in Pages>Home and see if the shortcodes are there. If not. you have to put them there. Google "Woocommerce shortcodes"