Stripe For Unsupported Countries (Solution: Stripe + Transferwise)

daniel-97

I tested and successfully integrated Stripe to my website and with the help of some friends, did some tests and all the payments went through. Here's what I did:

Step 1: Register for Transferwise's Multi-currency Account (link)
- Register a Personal account (or Business if you want to fill out documents)
- At the "Receive and hold money" section, hit Get started
1601277777764.png
- Follow the instructions, create a Personal account and fill in your correct info (your country, phone number, ...)
*The link above is an affiliate link, you and me both will get perks

Step 2: Choose the balance you want to get the bank information (I chose GBP)
- They won't let you see the bank information unless you verify by adding money and uploading your passport/ID/...
- Add at least GBP 20 to the account. The money is still yours, they don't take anything except for a small fee
- Transferwise's fees are very low compairing to other banks, check their real time fees here.
- After adding GBP 20 and verifying your identity, every balances will be available for you to choose
Note: Not every country can open a US balance, check their list here.

Step 3: Creating a Stripe account and verify it
- Follow this link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Verify your business, I used my main address, but for the Zip code and country, I used the bank's details from Transferwise
- Input the bank details you got from Transferwise
- For British accounts, you won't need any tax ID or anything ;)
- Go to Google and get a random UK number
- Turn on 2FA by downloading Google Authenticator app on your phone

Step 4 (optional): Stripe will send an email saying they can't verify your address and personal ID
1601280834702.png
- Simply click "Update information" in the email
- Upload a valid identity document (I chose Passport - it has my country on it, but they accepted it anyway)
- After some days (I forgot to check, it was weekend for me), your account should has a banner saying this
1601281062904.png

DONE! Now you can get your API to put them on your Alidropship's Setting
- LIVE API: use this when you want to go live and receive money. After you copied it, after 1-2 days, the code will be deleted from your dashboard, so make sure you do this carefully or you'll need to contact them for a new code
- If they ever ask for a proof of address, just take a picture of your address, I heard it works normally
- For customers from Europe, you will need to turn on SCA (Secure Customer Authentication), it will redirect customers to Stripe's page to use their cards

Hope this thread helps!

Last edited:

KevinLeo

I tested and successfully integrated Stripe to my website and with the help of some friends, did some tests and all the payments went through. Here's what I did:

Step 1: Register for Transferwise's Multi-currency Account (link)
- Register a Personal account (or Business if you want to fill out documents)
- At the "Receive and hold money" section, hit Get started
- Follow the instructions, create a Personal account and fill in your correct info (your country, phone number, ...)
*The link above is an affiliate link, you and me both will get perks

Step 2: Choose the balance you want to get the bank information (I chose GBP)
- They won't let you see the bank information unless you verify by adding money and uploading your passport/ID/...
- Add at least GBP 20 to the account. The money is still yours, they don't take anything except for a small fee
- Transferwise's fees are very low compairing to other banks, check their real time fees here.
- After adding GBP 20 and verifying your identity, every balances will be available for you to choose
Note: Not every country can open a US balance, check their list here.

Step 3: Creating a Stripe account and verify it
- Follow this link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Verify your business, I used my main address, but for the Zip code and country, I used the bank's details from Transferwise
- Input the bank details you got from Transferwise
- For British accounts, you won't need any tax ID or anything ;)
- Go to Google and get a random UK number
- Turn on 2FA by downloading Google Authenticator app on your phone

Step 4 (optional): Stripe will send an email saying they can't verify your address and personal ID
- Simply click "Update information" in the email
- Upload a valid identity document (I chose Passport - it has my country on it, but they accepted it anyway)
- After some days (I forgot to check, it was weekend for me), your account should has a banner saying this

DONE! Now you can get your API to put them on your Alidropship's Setting
- LIVE API: use this when you want to go live and receive money. After you copied it, after 1-2 days, the code will be deleted from your dashboard, so make sure you do this carefully or you'll need to contact them for a new code
- If they ever ask for a proof of address, just take a picture of your address, I heard it works normally
- For customers from Europe, you will need to turn on SCA (Secure Customer Authentication), it will redirect customers to Stripe's page to use their cards

Hope this thread helps!

Daniel, did you receive money to Transferwise account? or still haven't? Can you please give us some Update?

daniel-97

Daniel, did you receive money to Transferwise account? or still haven't? Can you please give us some Update?
No I haven't withdraw back to my Transferwise account yet, because Stripe hold the money for 1 week, maybe for new accounts so I don't have any amount to "Pay out to bank". But so far, no sign of problem in my Stripe account
1601358211805.png

daniel-97

I am not in that step. I get stuck in submitting documents Revolut bank require, I never succeeded with endless errors. Very poor application,.
With Transferwise it's very easy and straight forward. And if you apply for Stripe with a UK bank account, they don't ask for any tax numbers, but this will cost a bit more for money conversion between your shop -> Stripe (1%)

Reactions: Mar

Mar

With Transferwise it's very easy and straight forward. And if you apply for Stripe with a UK bank account, they don't ask for any tax numbers, but this will cost a bit more for money conversion between your shop -> Stripe (1%)
That is good. But it won't happen until I am able to open an account with Revolut bank. So this is not good for me.

daniel-97

That is good. But it won't happen until I am able to open an account with Revolut bank. So this is not good for me.
Yub, just an extra information and option if any member needs it ;) I wanted it so badly before, glad I found a solution I wanted

daniel-97

But may I ask why Revolut? If they're too troublesome, you can try another banking system. As I said above, Transferwise offers 40+ bank information all over the world and I think they support most countries

Mar

But may I ask why Revolut? If they're too troublesome, you can try another banking system. As I said above, Transferwise offers 40+ bank information all over the world and I think they support most countries
That is a good option, but I just don't have the luxury of time to spend on something I am not sure to achieve. Thanks anyway.

the_lyall

In Stripe you can set the payout frequency - by default it pays out weekly every Monday (if I recall correctly) which can cause a delay of up to a week after the payment has cleared, If you check the payout frequency options you should be able to make it faster, even with new accounts.

I use Stripe for websites and Transferwise for personal transfers and haven't had problems with either. This sounds like a good solution if you need it :)

daniel-97

In Stripe you can set the payout frequency - by default it pays out weekly every Monday (if I recall correctly) which can cause a delay of up to a week after the payment has cleared, If you check the payout frequency options you should be able to make it faster, even with new accounts.

I use Stripe for websites and Transferwise for personal transfers and haven't had problems with either. This sounds like a good solution if you need it :)
Does Stripe charge anything to withdraw back to Transferwise's bank? Any fees in between because I can't find any document for that

the_lyall

Does Stripe charge anything to withdraw back to Transferwise's bank? Any fees in between because I can't find any document for that
No, Stripe don't charge any transfer fees for withdrawals to your bank account (Transferwise or any other bank). They only charge fees on the payments you receive, nothing after that.

chris37

I have automatic withdrawal in my bank account from stripe I use the must faster withdrawal they give , I always get my money after 10-15 days,never faster and I use stripe over a year now.

the_lyall

I have automatic withdrawal in my bank account from stripe I use the must faster withdrawal they give , I always get my money after 10-15 days,never faster and I use stripe over a year now.

Ah ok, is that 10-15 days after receiving the payment from customer or 10-15 days after Stripe confirms they are sending it to your bank account? I know you can make it faster for Stripe to send it to your bank account but you can't do anything to make the time shorter between Stripe and your bank :) Also it might vary by country, as so much does with these things.

chris37

Ah ok, is that 10-15 days after receiving the payment from customer or 10-15 days after Stripe confirms they are sending it to your bank account? I know you can make it faster for Stripe to send it to your bank account but you can't do anything to make the time shorter between Stripe and your bank :) Also it might vary by country, as so much does with these things.
All the progress need 10-15days ...
I use revolut bank.
stripe verified the Paytment same day and deposit my money in 1-2day then I need about 12day until I get them in my bank account (UK bank)

Maybe is because of the bank without to be sure.
Stripe is faster then my bank :)
Anyway with paypal I use same bank a the deposit happen in 2-3days