currency switcher

chris37

Chris did you find a way to put on header how was the default one from alidropship ?
Not yet I am able to place it whatever place can place widget ,expect the header which was working only with currency switcher from alidropship.
I wait help from someone and I be back.

chris37

the_lyall

the_lyall

i give a try now this is gonna work with my other cache plugin or i must disable the wp faster cache
Should work. Make sure you're testing using private browser each time otherwise it'll use existing cookies to set the currency. And depending on if you've got aelia set to use the billing address currency etc. if you're logged in it'll use that.

chris37

And depending on if you've got aelia set to use the billing address currency etc. if you're logged in it'll use that.

is working by the geolocation now, with the cache handler you suggest me .

But can you explain to me further what that mean "And depending on if you've got aelia set to use the billing address currency etc. if you're logged in it'll use that" ?

if my customer create an account is not gonna work the geolocation setting ? and if not how i will fix that?

the_lyall

is working by the geolocation now, with the cache handler you suggest me .

But can you explain to me further what that mean "And depending on if you've got aelia set to use the billing address currency etc. if you're logged in it'll use that" ?

if my customer create an account is not gonna work the geolocation setting ? and if not how i will fix that?

Yes it will still work, but if you have this option set to use one of the addresses, the user will only be able to change the currency by changing their address during checkout. The checkout currency will change based on what country they select, defaulting to the store default currency if the currency isn't in your list. But this only happens if you have the setting chosen.

Capture.PNG

If you choose 'disabled', then it will just use the currency the user selects in the drop-down, which it sounds like this is what you want to do.

chris37

this is forward email i get from @the_lyall explain everything for the currency switcher and how to include it in the header.

Ok, there are two main files related to the currency switcher:

davinciwoo/template-parts/header/header-top.php

and on line 28 it references this file:

davinciwoo/template-parts/header/partials/element-top-currency-switcher.php

The shortcode for Aelia is [aelia_currency_selector_widget widget_type="dropdown"]

What I would try first is completely replacing line 28 in the first file with just the shortcode so it looks like this:

PHP:
<div class="col-auto d-none d-xl-block">
<?php echo do_shortcode(' [aelia_currency_selector_widget widget_type="dropdown"] '); ?>
</div>

Depending on how that renders it might work ok and just need some CSS tweaks, or it might need putting in the other file instead.

These are template files rather than arbitrary PHP files so you should be able to overwrite them in your child theme using the same folder structure as above (template-parts/header...)

You can edit your main theme files but then if you update the theme you'll lose your changes, so it's better to copy the file to your child theme and edit it there instead. You only need to change the child theme, not both - the child theme will always override/replace the main theme files.

The result is the follow : 1) in desktop https://snipboard.io/1ponFQ.jpg
2) In mobile https://snipboard.io/AtMYfe.jpg

the mobile one i import it from the widget area from mobile sidebar and the size color and design i did it with some twist from the css @Direct Webstore give us above

.aelia_cs_currencies {
border-radius: 4px!important;
padding-top:2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
width: 165px
}

@media (max-width: 1289px) {
.aelia_cs_currencies {
border-radius: 3px!important;
padding-top:6px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
width: 96%!important;
margin-left: 5px;

}

(1289px is the breakpoint for the desktop menu to mobile)

About the flag i try to put them by my self but i was not able to to include them (its not really bother me anyway)

also for the geolocation to work you must install and enable the cache handler from the above link

Again how i say i didnt really did nothing by my self i just follow the step of members i mention above

Last edited:

Mar

I just setup another currency switcher, this one have the option to include country flags, no need to add it. It has the option to add currency switcher in the single product page and setup with drop down that open in hover with converted prices of the current product. The visitor can take a peek of the prices or click any currency to change currency of the whole site. You can even add a currency that the plugin will convert in the check out page. It has no license reminder in the plugin folder. I just tested the geolocation and it is working perfect with out doing anything or installing other plugin for the cache. I am still observing it, but initial impression is it is much better than the default of alidropship and the best so far I have tried. The opening in hover alone is something I want to implement in other currency switcher especially the alidropship default but was never successful. Here it is the default.

1600273360554.png1600274143542.png1600273309542.png1600274426667.png

chris37

I just setup another currency switcher, this one have the option to include country flags, no need to add it. It has the option to add currency switcher in the single product page and setup with drop down that open in hover with converted prices of the current product. The visitor can take a peek of the prices or click any currency to change currency of the whole site. You can even add a currency that the plugin will convert in the check out page. It has no license reminder in the plugin folder. I just tested the geolocation and it is working perfect with out doing anything or installing other plugin for the cache. I am still observing it, but initial impression is it is much better than the default of alidropship and the best so far I have tried. The opening in hover alone is something I want to implement in other currency switcher especially the alidropship default but was never successful. Here it is the default.

View attachment 12877View attachment 12878View attachment 12876View attachment 12879

i sent a PM message about an issue i found in this currency switcher you show here

George96

this is forward email i get from @the_lyall explain everything for the currency switcher and how to include it in the header.

Ok, there are two main files related to the currency switcher:

davinciwoo/template-parts/header/header-top.php

and on line 28 it references this file:

davinciwoo/template-parts/header/partials/element-top-currency-switcher.php

The shortcode for Aelia is [aelia_currency_selector_widget widget_type="dropdown"]

What I would try first is completely replacing line 28 in the first file with just the shortcode so it looks like this:

PHP:
<div class="col-auto d-none d-xl-block">
<?php echo do_shortcode(' [aelia_currency_selector_widget widget_type="dropdown"] '); ?>
</div>

Depending on how that renders it might work ok and just need some CSS tweaks, or it might need putting in the other file instead.

These are template files rather than arbitrary PHP files so you should be able to overwrite them in your child theme using the same folder structure as above (template-parts/header...)

You can edit your main theme files but then if you update the theme you'll lose your changes, so it's better to copy the file to your child theme and edit it there instead. You only need to change the child theme, not both - the child theme will always override/replace the main theme files.

The result is the follow : 1) in desktop https://snipboard.io/1ponFQ.jpg
2) In mobile https://snipboard.io/AtMYfe.jpg

the mobile one i import it from the widget area from mobile sidebar and the size color and design i did it with some twist from the css @Direct Webstore give us above

.aelia_cs_currencies {
border-radius: 4px!important;
padding-top:2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
width: 165px
}

@media (max-width: 1289px) {
.aelia_cs_currencies {
border-radius: 3px!important;
padding-top:6px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
width: 96%!important;
margin-left: 5px;

}

(1289px is the breakpoint for the desktop menu to mobile)

About the flag i try to put them by my self but i was not able to to include them (its not really bother me anyway)

also for the geolocation to work you must install and enable the cache handler from the above link

Again how i say i didnt really did nothing by my self i just follow the step of members i mention above

i dont mind the flag but is nice if we can to them the be display like that " (USB) v " then this " United states (US) dollar "

maybe @Direct Webstore or @the_lyall can help with this?

George96

View attachment 12877View attachment 12878View attachment 12876View attachment 12879
Hello Mar This is a premium plugin? how much is cost you?