Blurry images on Da Vinci 2.0

Blz

Hello,

I'm using Alidropship original plugin + Da Vinci 2.0 theme in one of my shops.
Unfortunately, I just realized that all the gallery images on product pages look super blurry and not sharp (even if the original ones are sharp and high res 800x800+)

The same problem on desktop and mobile, at this point I tried anything I could but I can't fix it.

I don't use any image optimization which could cause this issue.

The only reason I figured out to possibly cause this, is the way your theme is handling the thumbnails by using a 350x350 version of the images while using a 398x398 div/place holder for these images, which is causing a weird scaling - > blurry result.

Since your theme is using his own function to handle thumbnails (ads-big: 350×350 pixels (cropped to fit)) it's impossible to manually tweak the thumbnails setting using the default WordPress settings - media - thumbnails options.

I'd like if possible to get some attention on this issue as, while using some sessions recording to understand my user's experience I noticed that non-negligible part of my traffic is not converting because they just don't see the products images as they should, even if they could just tap the image to get an original version of the image, most of them are not aware of it, so they just leave.)

I know that the WP-original version of your plugin/themes is not really your main interest anymore, but please this deserves some of your attention.

Blz

Use the thumbnails regeneration plugin, is gonna fix your issue

Hello, I already did that quite a few times already, unfortunately, it never fixed the issue!

In order to get the issue fixed after a thumbnails regeneration you have to first edit the thumbnails presets from the theme's variable (ads-large, ads-big) and in this case, it is not possible, I can only edit the WordPress's media thumbnails settings, which are not used on the Alidropship Original plugin, it uses his own variables as said above.

TDLR: Thumbnails regeneration could work if we could change the thumbnails size setting before, but we can't unfortunately

TDLR2: To get a decent image scaling it is usually known that you have to use a thumbnail size which is a bit bigger than then div/placeholder and in this case, the theme uses 350x350 images on 398x398 div/placeholders, why? because you get a better result when scaling an image down instead of "up" not sure if I'm clear enough lol

Last edited:

chris37

Do you manager your image manual?
What kind of format your image are?
The only time is happen this to me, was when i saved my image gif file...Year ago:p

Blz

Do you manager your image manual?
What kind of format your image are?
The only time is happen this to me, was when i saved my image gif file...Year ago:p

Some manually, some not, all the images are classic 800x800+ jpg files, nothing much to say about it to be honest :/

Images are not the cause of the issue, as they are looking perfectly fine and sharp on other page (homepage as example) and also in the WP Medias, they look like **** only on single product pages. which is where the 350x350 version is used as requested by the theme's variable ads-large and ads-big

Blz

Information: Images look blurry only when you see the 350x350 ("ads-big" variable) version, but the 640x640 ("ads-large variable") is totally fine.

What I don't understand is why are both versions loaded.

If you look at the product image without selecting any variation: you get to look at the 350x350 version, which looks horrible/blurry.

If you look at the product image while selecting a variation on the product page: you get to look at the 640x640 version, which looks totally fine (mobile/desktop)

chris37

Information: Images look blurry only when you see the 350x350 ("ads-big" variable) version, but the 640x640 ("ads-large variable") is totally fine.

If you look at the product image without selecting any variation: you get to look at the 350x350 version, which looks horrible/blurry.

If you look at the product image while selecting a variation on the product page: you get to look at the 640x640 version, which looks totally fine (mobile/desktop)

In the demo of the theme is looking find...
I don't know really what going in your site without to look in your setting.

Contact support and ask to look in to this

Mar

Have you tried to search the web for solutions? There is a lot about it, see some: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fixing-blurry-product-images/ , https://iconicwp.com/blog/woocommerce-images-blurry-fix/.

Blz

It is not as easy as you say, at least not as simple as a 30sec google search sorry.

As mentioned in the first post, the site is not using Woocommerce, and therefore not using the built-in thumbnails settings you can find on Woo.

On the WP version, Alidropship uses his own thumbnails variables (ads-big, ads-large) and you can't tweak it directly, at least not as easy as you would on Woocommerce for some reason :(

Mar

As mentioned in the first post, the site is not using Woocommerce, and therefore not using the built-in thumbnails settings you can find on Woo.
Even if I already said just realized the site is non-woocommerce?

Blz

Even if I already said just realized the site is non-woocommerce?

Thanks for your contribution, I'd appreciate some attention from the support team, if there is still one around at the time being

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello,

I'm using Alidropship original plugin + Da Vinci 2.0 theme in one of my shops.
Unfortunately, I just realized that all the gallery images on product pages look super blurry and not sharp (even if the original ones are sharp and high res 800x800+)

The same problem on desktop and mobile, at this point I tried anything I could but I can't fix it.

I don't use any image optimization which could cause this issue.

The only reason I figured out to possibly cause this, is the way your theme is handling the thumbnails by using a 350x350 version of the images while using a 398x398 div/place holder for these images, which is causing a weird scaling - > blurry result.

Since your theme is using his own function to handle thumbnails (ads-big: 350×350 pixels (cropped to fit)) it's impossible to manually tweak the thumbnails setting using the default WordPress settings - media - thumbnails options.

I'd like if possible to get some attention on this issue as, while using some sessions recording to understand my user's experience I noticed that non-negligible part of my traffic is not converting because they just don't see the products images as they should, even if they could just tap the image to get an original version of the image, most of them are not aware of it, so they just leave.)

I know that the WP-original version of your plugin/themes is not really your main interest anymore, but please this deserves some of your attention.
Hello,

Thanks for your question! We'll give it a check.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello,

We're going to replace the slider used in the DaVinci Woo theme with a new one. You'll be able to check it out once the new version of the theme is released.

fraymores

Hello,

We're going to replace the slider used in the DaVinci Woo theme with a new one. You'll be able to check it out once the new version of the theme is released.

Hi Ekaterina, Biz is not talking about DaVinci Woo and my plugin is not the Woo one, so this change will not solve my issue.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi Ekaterina, Biz is not talking about DaVinci Woo and my plugin is not the Woo one, so this change will not solve my issue.
Sorry for the misunderstanding! We'll check if there's anything we can do about blurry images in the DaVinci 2.0 theme.