PayPal Payment Pending

Max B

Hi
I have an issue.
Right now I have got a few payments that are Pending through PayPal.
Yet the Alidropship plugin is saying that the item is Paid status.
Is there a way to have a Pending Status so I accidentally dont order the item before getting the money?
Right now the plugin thinks that its a successful transaction and its clearly now.

Please let me know,
Thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi
I have an issue.
Right now I have got a few payments that are Pending through PayPal.
Yet the Alidropship plugin is saying that the item is Paid status.
Is there a way to have a Pending Status so I accidentally dont order the item before getting the money?
Right now the plugin thinks that its a successful transaction and its clearly now.

Please let me know,
Thanks
Pending payment doesn't mean that payment didn't go through. You need to clarify with PayPal about that , but the official status is Paid.

Max B

No its not paid. The status is PENDING! And balance in the account is 0, so its not PAID! When its paid the status is PAID not PENDING!

dmickoh

I sort of got this issue sometime back.
I think for paypal, when you are dropshipping, until the person gets the product, they hold the payment. So you have to fulfill from your own funds...thats the downside. I don't know if this is what you are going through.

Max B

Keep getting the same "payment" from the hackers.

Notification of Pending PayPal Payment

Again AliDropship team don't mark the order as Paid, when it clearly has Pending status, come on, I shouldn't have to manually check every order.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator

Again AliDropship team don't mark the order as Paid, when it clearly has Pending status, come on, I shouldn't have to manually check every order.

Hello, this status 'Paid' is given us by PayPal, this is how integration works. You need to check additionally on PayPal.

Max B

For anyone who is confused. I got 2 payments here 1 is from hackers with Pending status that gets Cancelled later on and one is Completed status.
Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 34
Same thing happened to me and now i am chasing the person to release the payment. This is drawback of the plugin that it is not able to detect the actual payment Status from paypal. From Experience do not ship the product until the payment is cleared. I suggest you email them to find out if they are real or not.

Rodrigo

Same thing happened to me and now i am chasing the person to release the payment. This is drawback of the plugin that it is not able to detect the actual payment Status from paypal. From Experience do not ship the product until the payment is cleared. I suggest you email them to find out if they are real or not.

This is not a short coming of the plugin, it has to do with the information that is received FROM PAYPAL via the integration process. Paypal is telling the plugin that it is paid since there is a transaction happening on Paypal's end. However it is PAYPAL who is deciding to hold the payment until delivery. So make sure that when you ship via epacket or other form you get that tracking number.

I think checking every order is a must. Automation is wonderful, however if there is an error somewhere, someday, then you and your customers get hurt.

This is a loophole. Paypal cancels the payment if it is not released from the paying party. This loophole should be considered by the plugin that is my concern. If Paypal can recognize that the transaction is pending the same message can be exchanged between the plugin. I am not saying the plugin is bad, but it does have it's short comings. I have been using the plugin for about 3 months only but I love it. Also this loop hole is being exploited by many of the hackers out there.

Rodrigo

This is a loophole. Paypal cancels the payment if it is not released from the paying party. This loophole should be considered by the plugin that is my concern. If Paypal can recognize that the transaction is pending the same message can be exchanged between the plugin. I am not saying the plugin is bad, but it does have it's short comings. I have been using the plugin for about 3 months only but I love it. Also this loop hole is being exploited by many of the hackers out there.

What you are describing, the loophole, I have also experienced when I used to sell on ebay and receive payments via Paypal. My eBay dashboard would show payment received, but sometimes they would withhold payment until I provided a tracking number or product is received. Honestly didnt make sense to me, in my head is Get Paid then Give Product, however we as sellers got to abide by their rules.

I guess what I am trying to convey is, it happens with Alidropship, it happens with eBay, perhaps with Shopify (I dont know, I dont use it) as well and others systems. Its the "response" that is received from Paypal, not ebays or alidropship plugin's fault.

See what I am trying to tell you the "Response" that is the coming from Paypal must have a code mapped to it, thats how payment system's work. The guys that developed Alidropship plugin havent explored that option or maybe they have I dont know. All I know is that I have worked on other projects in the payment industry and for each response PayPal has in it's API there is a response code. I get your point that it happens, I realized that when it happened to me, but what I am saying that it is a big loophole and I am getting ripped off because of it.

What you are describing, the loophole, I have also experienced when I used to sell on ebay and receive payments via Paypal. My eBay dashboard would show payment received, but sometimes they would withhold payment until I provided a tracking number or product is received. Honestly didnt make sense to me, in my head is Get Paid then Give Product, however we as sellers got to abide by their rules.

I guess what I am trying to convey is, it happens with Alidropship, it happens with eBay, perhaps with Shopify (I dont know, I dont use it) as well and others systems. Its the "response" that is received from Paypal, not ebays or alidropship plugin's fault.

For one order i even provided the tracking number and the payment still got cancelled. Right now I have one order pending like this and I dont want to make the mistake again for sending out an order and then not getting paid for it.

SauDev

I am having the PayPal "On Hold" payment issue as will and for me this is going to be an issue after reading and searching I still cant find the right solution except that I disable PayPal payment method and count on only on the other payment gateway which in my case still under processing :(

daniel-97

I am having the PayPal "On Hold" payment issue as will and for me this is going to be an issue after reading and searching I still cant find the right solution except that I disable PayPal payment method and count on only on the other payment gateway which in my case still under processing :(
"On hold" doesn't mean anything at all, it's just a way Paypal do to ensure new businesses are not scamming people. And after a while, you will receive payment immediately without any hold.

SauDev

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your time to reply, Any idea after how many transactions it can be not on hold?

daniel-97

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your time to reply, Any idea after how many transactions it can be not on hold?
That I'm not sure, because lucky for me, I created my Paypal account 3 years ago to receive my money online once, and now they said my account is very stable.

Many people said after you submit the tracking code to Paypal, the Hold time will be reduced from ... days to 7 days (I remember reading it on Paypal's community forum, search it). And after like, 1-2 months, your account will be stable and no pending to be applied to your money. But try not to have many chargeback or refund.

Sunster

Staff member

This should help:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payment(s)-on-hold-faq3743