Premium products are not profitable on facebook ads.

Johnny Hook

Hello. Unfortunately I did ads on Facebook using Premium products and all strategy which they wrote in marketing guide - but didn't worked for me.
I spent around $200 and gained only 1 purchase.
  • I did firstly 2 Engagement campaign for 3 sets of ads - about 2-3 days. ($10 per day) - for 2 different products
  • After I tried to do Conversion for another 3 days or more, not for all, just for one products, which was shared, liked and where was more comments - and for that product I received my 1st sale on my journey with alidropship.
I spent $200 and I sold a product for about $18.
I bought a Premium store, I added a lot of products curated by dropship.me.
Ordered a lot of addons and services (Bundle add-on setup, Marketing..., Social setup...) spent about $800-1000 or more, but the conversion it is just one 1 sale.
Very disappointed. Maybe because I started right now..during COVID...but I dont know what to do further.

Direct Webstore

Without knowing what the products were, the content/style of your ads and the demographic/location targeted, it's impossible to say what the problem is.

Johnny Hook

Which premium store did you buy?
There's no set of "Premium Stores" for sale. He means a "Custom made" store made by Alidropship. (I think)

yes, a custom store from Alidropship.

I mean I used their plugin with premium products - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1piCacGrKGPnQL93tDH0ZAVqnsgijqmPP/view
each products has a PDF with detailed guide in order to promote it on Facebook. They also provide 3 videos, 3 different text for add, targeting audience...etc.

Im not blame them, its great opportunity. I blame me :)
This night I got the 2nd sale.
But, I think I will stop ads, because they are not profitable for me at now. Spent about $250.

Direct Webstore

Without knowing what the products were, the content/style of your ads and the demographic/location targeted, it's impossible to say what the problem is.

And we still need this to be able to say what may possibly be wrong.

Also ... You do realise that the world is in the middle of a deadly pandemic, don't you? I don't know what you are selling, but it may not be important enough or relevant at this particular time.

Rahm

Yup, rite, also the delayed shipment also turn off customers from buying. Mine took 7 weeks to reach U.S. normally it takes 3 to 4 weeks using standard shipping.

Direct Webstore

Yup, rite, also the delayed shipment also turn off customers from buying. Mine took 7 weeks to reach U.S.
Not really. The customer has no idea how much the shipping will be delayed (with current events as they are) until they actually order something.
Unless the store has a warning banner about "COVID-19 Shipping delays" ... but many, many online stores and services have that now and it does not stop the majority of people ordering things ... IF they want them.

only 1 purchase.
So it wouldn't really explain this. There has to be other factors involved for such a dismal result. But we will never know until the below is posted ...

Rahm

Yes it may be true. Based on my experience during the covid-19, free shipping took more than 50 days to be delivered . Paid shipping (Yanwen) took less than 30 days . Here is the screenshot of my delivery tracking.

Attachments

• 17track-yanwen-21days.JPG
    17track-yanwen-21days.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 17track-chinapost-57days.JPG
    17track-chinapost-57days.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 27
Hello. Unfortunately I did ads on Facebook using Premium products and all strategy which they wrote in marketing guide - but didn't worked for me.
  • I did firstly 2 Engagement campaign for 3 sets of ads - about 2-3 days. ($10 per day) - for 2 different products
  • After I tried to do Conversion for another 3 days or more, not for all, just for one products, which was shared, liked and where was more comments - and for that product I received my 1st sale on my journey with alidropship.
Ordered a lot of addons and services (Bundle add-on setup, Marketing..., Social setup...) spent about $800-1000 or more, but the conversion it is just one 1 sale.
Very disappointed. Maybe because I started right now..during COVID...but I dont know what to do further.

Okay, here we go:

1. COVID-19 is stuffing up everything. Even the industry "BIG FISH" like Amazon, have suffered with delays and failed deliveries.
So that is a factor. I had a customer complain:
"It had been a week and no product...I want my money back."
So I kindly explained the COVID-19 situation. And I pointed them to the link on my site where we post our delivery times.
Also explained We are a small operation, not Amazon, so chill.

..well not in those exact words, but basically that message.

2. Your advertising might be goofy-dog bad.

That's not an attack, just a fact....maybe, check it out, how are you advertising?
Just go?
Or are you testing, stopping, studying, revising and then re-launching?
If not, that might be a problem.

3. Are you targeting the right audience?
Have you done the research on your market?
Do you KNOW who your market is?
If you just click and go and run ads, even if they are nice videos or whatever made by Alidropship
then you MIGHT be missing the mark.

I don't know what you are doing exactly, but the above are some areas to closely look at.

You are running a business. It sure ain't no "CLICK-AND-GO" operation. You gotta dig deep, study up
on your products, your game, your methods, your market.

So...

You GOTTA get RAD!

Again, it ain't storm-doggin' on you or throwing insults.
Maybe you are doing things right, and you just need to push through until things get back to "norm-alish"

But...

If 1 or more of the above 3 points I laid down stand out to you, then
dig deep, study hard, and re-launch awesome style.

Best of luck! :)

Stay Awesome :cool:

Direct Webstore

Pretty much a longer repeat of what I already said. Anyone else want to hammer it in a little more? lol ;)
C'mon OP ... give us the product, advertisement and demographic details so we can make better "guesses" as to the cause of the problem.

Johnny Hook

Okay, here we go:

1. COVID-19 is stuffing up everything. Even the industry "BIG FISH" like Amazon, have suffered with delays and failed deliveries.
So that is a factor. I had a customer complain:
"It had been a week and no product...I want my money back."
So I kindly explained the COVID-19 situation. And I pointed them to the link on my site where we post our delivery times.
Also explained We are a small operation, not Amazon, so chill.

..well not in those exact words, but basically that message.

2. Your advertising might be goofy-dog bad.

That's not an attack, just a fact....maybe, check it out, how are you advertising?
Just go?
Or are you testing, stopping, studying, revising and then re-launching?
If not, that might be a problem.

3. Are you targeting the right audience?
Have you done the research on your market?
Do you KNOW who your market is?
If you just click and go and run ads, even if they are nice videos or whatever made by Alidropship
then you MIGHT be missing the mark.

I don't know what you are doing exactly, but the above are some areas to closely look at.

You are running a business. It sure ain't no "CLICK-AND-GO" operation. You gotta dig deep, study up
on your products, your game, your methods, your market.

So...

You GOTTA get RAD!

Again, it ain't storm-doggin' on you or throwing insults.
Maybe you are doing things right, and you just need to push through until things get back to "norm-alish"

But...

If 1 or more of the above 3 points I laid down stand out to you, then
dig deep, study hard, and re-launch awesome style.

Best of luck! :)

Stay Awesome :cool:

Pretty much a longer repeat of what I already said. Anyone else want to hammer it in a little more? lol ;)
C'mon OP ... give us the product, advertisement and demographic details so we can make better "guesses" as to the cause of the problem.

Yeah, Its right. I started already to study better and go deeper in order to identify: the right product, the right ads, the right audience....
Is better to learn from others mistakes, but is not too late to learn from my mistake.
Thank you guys for advice's.

Johnny Hook

@Direct Webstore @Mar

How it is working for you Catalog Products uploaded on Facebook?

I tried to advertise them for about 1 day ($20 per day), I will try to test for few more days in order to see the result.
Did you tried to advertise them on Facebook? Google? How it is working?
Thanks.

Direct Webstore

better to learn from others mistakes
Right. And the lesson they learned was to do a bit of research into placing Facebook ads before spending hundreds of dollars on them. And the very first thing they would have discovered is to ONLY place cheap $5 ads to "test" the ad content, the demographic, and the actual product. If the ad doesn't' work, scrap it and try another one with different content, demographic etc. If it DOES work, THEN you pour hundreds of dollars into it.

Direct Webstore

How it is working for you Catalog Products uploaded on Facebook?
I use "Facebook for Woocommerce" (free) that automatically uploads all my products to the shop section of my store's Facebook page and keeps them up to date. It's basically "set and forget". And it's working well. I get regular sales from it.

I tried to advertise them for about 1 day ($20 per day)
ONLY place cheap $5 ads to "test" the ad content, the demographic, and the actual product. If the ad doesn't' work, scrap it and try another one with different content, demographic etc.
If it works ... then try spending $20 (or more) on it.

Also, 1 day is hardly enough for a test. 3 days at the very least.

Did you tried to advertise them on Facebook? Google? How it is working?
In the past, I only used Facebook ads. With a little trial and error (with $5 ads first), they worked well.

But during this worldwide pandemic, I'm not advertising at all. My stores are running on pure "Social Rabbit power" at the moment (which brings a steady trickle of orders)

Instead of advertising at the moment, I'm concentrating on producing extra value content such as blog articles for my stores, uploading funny/entertaining and product videos for my store's Youtube channels, and making manual posts and engagement on my store's Social media in addition to Social Rabbits work. (Keeps it all more "real").

Last edited:

chris37

I use "Facebook for Woocommerce" (free) that automatically uploads all my products to the shop section of my store's Facebook page and keeps them up to date. It's basically "set and forget". And it's working well. I get regular sales from it.

Whit facabook for woocommerce when a customer on your shop buy a product is redirect to product page or to the card?(my is the card and i will like to have it in product page :) )

Also some variation be imported with no the name but with some strange number https://snipboard.io/x9bJ1z.jpg .

Do you have this issue as well?

Direct Webstore

Whit facabook for woocommerce when a customer on your shop buy a product is redirect to product page or to the card?
Card.

i will like to have it in product page
Write to the Facebook for Woocommerce support and make a suggestion.

Also some variation be imported with no the name but with some strange number. Do you have this issue as well?

Not that I've noticed. How many of the product listings have that problem?

swaziboy

Friend I am in same position. I bought the mens auto store with also many extras also and have followed their marketing guides precisely as its my first time to do all of this so didnt want to get it wrong. First off the vids were too long, then I had my FB account banned several times for copyright issues and other. So far, over 900 USD on FB for 4 sales after 2 months of trying. 1900 unique visits and over 1m impressions on ads. I keep thinking maybe its just corona or my chosen niche is the problem. But i also think that they are not updating these products and are just selling like crazy due to market. The marketing stuff i gor maybe was good 8 months ago.