AliShipping add-on for beta test - get the original AliExpress shipping methods on your store!

Following.

Importing AliE shipping options too makes absolute sense - was wondering if that would be possible (using AliWoo) and now hoping we'll get there soon :) Meanwhile, chancing variable shipping costs and marking up to include seems a bit patchy but had to do for now - makes each item more expensive with a say, +3 or so in the pricing formula to cover costs. Or is anyone doing it differently? .. would like to know.

As for getting it to work with AliWoo ... glad the team is on it! Great work!

Direct Webstore

I run php 7.2
I downloaded the 7.2 version and got this error message ...

Ooops! You installed AliDropship Shipping plugin for PHP 7.1, but your version of PHP is 7.2.19. Please download and install AliDropship Shipping plugin for PHP 7.2.19.

The zip is definitely labeled "alids-shipping-products 1.1.4 PHP 7.2.zip"

So I downloaded the 7.1 and tried that ... no error message.

So the 7.1 zip is labelled 7.2 ... and the 7.2 is labelled 7.1

Direct Webstore

Seems like the "free" option at the bottom is unnecessary as I already have Free Shipping setup in Woocommerce.

And how does the customer know if the "Standard Shipping" is worth picking if there is no delivery time mentioned? Or do we just edit the title and put a "guestimate" time in there? Would have to do that for the free shipping too, I guess.

ship.jpg

Last edited:

Mar

I run php 7.2
I downloaded the 7.2 version and got this error message ...

The zip is definitely labeled "alids-shipping-products 1.1.4 PHP 7.2.zip"

So I downloaded the 7.1 and tried that ... no error message.

So the 7.1 zip is labelled 7.2 ... and the 7.2 is labelled 7.1
Yes, exactly. The label is reversed.

Yaros

Staff member
Seems like the "free" option at the bottom is unnecessary as I already have Free Shipping setup in Woocommerce.

And how does the customer know if the "Standard Shipping" is worth picking if there is no delivery time mentioned?

View attachment 9411
May be there is a point to remove FREE Shipping from Woo settings. What theme are you using?

Delivery time exists on my test site:

Checkout - Jamboree Store 2019-06-24 15-41-14.png

Direct Webstore

Delivery time exists on my test site:
Not on mine in Cart or Checkout pages. (Flatsome theme)

... and in yours, wouldn't it be better if it said "30 days delivery time" rather than just "30 delivery"? Some customers will think "30 what delivery?, 30 items delivered???"

Mar

I'm trying to find documentation of the plugin. Thought we would be able to change the labels of the shipping methods. For now I am uploading Alishipping to all products, it is very slow. The Shipping method tab has nothing in it, maybe it will have after the upload is completed, not sure. In woocommerce setting, there is also nothing except AliExpress shipping.1561371505047.png

1561371550619.png
1561371772181.png

Yaros

Staff member
I'm trying to find documentation of the plugin. Thought we would be able to change the labels of the shipping methods. For now I am uploading Alishipping to all products, it is very slow. The Shipping method tab has nothing in it, maybe it will have after the upload is completed, not sure. In woocommerce setting, there is also nothing except AliExpress shipping.

These instructions are for the original version but are not different much from Woo https://help.alidropship.com/articles/3000670-alishipping

Mar

Until now the upload is not finished, 23% since yesterday. This is way too slow. The shipping methods have appeared. I deactivated some and edited the active. I noticed the shipping method I deactivated earlier are again active when I came back to the page, even if I have saved it.

Direct Webstore

Until now the upload is not finished, 23% since yesterday.
I guess it would be easier using this when setting up a new store or stores like I am. I've only got about 100 products in each store so far and the shipping importing took about 10 minutes for the test site.

But that is pretty slow. How many products do you have again? 1800 or something?

Mar

I guess it would be easier using this when setting up a new store or stores like I am. I've only got about 100 products in each store so far and the shipping importing took about 10 minutes for the test site.

But that is pretty slow. How many products do you have again? 1800 or something?
It is more than that. One thing I am thinking of, do you have to upload every time you have a new product?