[METHOD] STRIPE Payment Gateway

webnor

I had entered 123456789 in the beginning. I got a EIN from IRS now through phone call, trying to enter it but Stripe doesn't recognize it. Hope it's a matter of time and it will get recognized before 1st Oct.
I got the same email from Stripe and I don't have an EIN too
I got few questions please
1-Lines 4a & 4b, must be an US address and 5a & 5b my country address?
2- Do you provide real or fake informations? does it matter?
3- Lines 15 to 17, I can leave them empty?

Thank you!

otk

I got the same email from Stripe and I don't have an EIN too
I got few questions please
1-Lines 4a & 4b, must be an US address and 5a & 5b my country address?
2- Do you provide real or fake informations? does it matter?
3- Lines 15 to 17, I can leave them empty?

Thank you!
I provided real information and didn't really understand which address they need. Gave them my Viabox address in full and home address with only street name and city (didn't ask for more). You just have to call them and the worker who will answer the call will ask You everything one by one so You don't really need to fill the paper before.

webnor

I provided real information and didn't really understand which address they need. Gave them my Viabox address in full and home address with only street name and city (didn't ask for more). You just have to call them and the worker who will answer the call will ask You everything one by one so You don't really need to fill the paper before.
Were you able to get the EIN via phone directly or you had to fax them first? because when I called them I couldn't get the option to reach an agent via phone, and they are asking to apply online

ssss

Were you able to get the EIN via phone directly or you had to fax them first? because when I called them I couldn't get the option to reach an agent via phone, and they are asking to apply online

Did you manage to get your EIN?

ssss

Got this email from STRIPE today:
"Our systems recently identified charges that appear to be unauthorized by the cardholder, meaning that the owner of the credit or debit card did not consent to these payments. This unfortunately means that we will no longer be able to accept payments for ------------.com.
Refunds will be issued in 5–7 business days, although they may take longer to appear on the cardholder's statement. Please refer to your dashboard for a list of the charges to be refunded[1].
We're sorry that we won't be able to offer you service going forward, but our restrictions here are firm. If you believe that we've made a mistake, we'd like to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. To help us effectively revisit your account, please complete the following form:
https://dashboard.stripe.com/verifications/credit_card
Once you've completed the verification, we'll revisit your account and follow up with you.
Best,
Stripe"

This was right after my third order at Stripe. But order itself looking absolutely fine - both Shopify and Stripe saying that there is no risk order, and my Stripe panel looks normal - no refunds or anything.

So do you guys had this email? Why do they want verification of my CC? I'm not from US, so I kinda lost what to do.

matoviale

Hello everyone, new guy here. I've been accepting payments on my shopify store (dropshipping) exclusively with PayPal. Now I want to transition to Stripe (1), Shopify Payments (2) or alternative payment options (3). I've read many replies on this thread but I am afraid I still don't quite comprehend how to set things up, and I fear some methods may be outdated. So I have the following doubts:

1. Stripe explicitly establishes that dropshipping is a high-risk business. Therefore, they may hold your account and even terminate it when charge backs occur (worse case scenario). Is there a way around this? Do I just lie when creating a Stripe account? What if I lie, and a charge back occurs?

2. Shopify Payments runs via Stripe itself, are charge backs an issue too? When completing the information for Shopify Payments I see an SSN is required. I am not a US resident, but I do have an LLC, Bank of America account, and Physical address in the US. What do I input in the SSN section? Can I even process payments being outside of the US (even though I do have all of the previously mentioned things), won't they use my IP to know I'm not in the US? Using a VPN is a good way around this if that's the case?

3. Lastly, alternative methods. I tried several of them. Since I live in Mexico and my store was registered here, when I tried alternative methods I could only choose from the ones available for Mexico. However, I recently changed my store location to the LLC address. Now I have many options to choose from, but I am not sure on which one is the best. Got rejected by Conekta (they aren't too fond of dropshippers either), 2checkout also needs a ton of information and they want to see the website to evaluated it (I'm afraid they will also deny my application due to dropshipping). I am currently applying to PayU, but it only accepts payments within Mexico. What other systems do you guys recommend? Has someone used 2checkout effectively? Is it easier once you set it up as an LLC?

Important information to take into account:
  • I have an LLC in Delaware
  • EIN
  • Physical US address in Connecticut
  • US Phone number
  • US bank account (Bank of America)
  • LLC member that is a US resident (but only owns 1%)
  • I live in Mexico (just recently changed my store location to US, that's why I'm evaluating new different payment services)

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Btw, I'm new to the forum, so if I am doing something wrong please let me know :).

webnor

No I didn't, I didn't find the option when I called via phone

Direct Webstore

I still don't quite comprehend how to set things up
Just follow the instructions in the link in my post above, step by step. Anyone with the intelligence level of at least a 10 year old can set it up easily. :)

Stripe explicitly establishes that dropshipping is a high-risk business.
Only if you are also in a high risk scammy country and your site looks like crap. And they don't "explicitly' state that. It's a "maybe".

mollaeilaw

If you’re looking to start a business in United States and open a U.S. bank account, you’re required to get an Employer Identification Number (EIN) .
In recent years the IRS has made it increasingly hard for foreign individuals without an SSN to get an EIN.

You can take a look for your necessary information, https://mollaeilaw.com/blog/ein-without-ssn/

webnor

I have an important question, let's suppose that I got my EIN from the IRS and Stripe accepted it
After a while, I am supposed to pay taxes right? if so how are we supposed to pay ? or does Stripe handle it?

Thank you

a_abbasi

there are many websites that do the processing on your behalf and charge you more then 500$
but i know a site that do that only for 299$ and will register it in 24 hours

inbox me for the link. dont wana advertise any other person's biz publicly

dear Kingpin, I also dont want to take any risk and involve myself in issues from payment gateways.. I have the plan for multiple websites and want these all payment issues to be resolved first.
1 : Is one LLC enough for multiple websites, like 10/15 in future?
2 : I have many relatives in US, how can i get benefit from them for having stripe? If i use their SSN, i will have my own stripe account or i will use their?
3 : Please send me the link as well for LLC.
4 : After LLC and Stripe, Will i have to go for Payoneer for getting payments in KSA / Pakistan?

Waiting for your reply.. Thanks

otk

Has anyone received this email from Stripe? What did You answer and how did it go?

Thanks for using Stripe!
We're writing to request some additional information that we couldn't verify using your account. In order to continue transferring funds to you on time, would you mind providing the following information:
  • tracking numbers for your shipments
  • a 8-9 photos of your inventory
  • receipts or proof of contract with the vendors for your business
  • a social media profile for you or your business (i.e. Facebook or Twitter) that has the email associated with your Stripe account in the about section of your profile
  • a contact section on your site including a phone number and physical address for customers to contact should they need to get in touch with you
Any documents or photos can be attached in your reply to this email. As soon as we can verify these details, your account will be all set to again automatically transfer funds to your bank account.

Direct Webstore

acting as im in the US
There's the reason for the extra scrutiny. Many scammers and shoddy businesses set up LLCs in the U.S. There was probably something in your application that tipped them off that you live elsewhere than the U.S

You will just have to provide the info to them.

For this one "receipts or proof of contract with the vendors for your business", I'd just take some screenshots of some of the order detail pages.
The rest of them seem simple enough.