From $0 - $9,500 in 17 days with only $250 Ad spend!!!

dmickoh

This case study is mainly to encourage those who might be thinking of giving up. After trying to do a store for months and failing, I hired someone to do them for me, non the less she succeeded. Understanding what I was doing wrong was the problem. But I kept at it until about 17 days ago when I broke the code.

having someone do something for you and it succeeds, doesn't make you feel so nice, getting something done yourself and it succeed, that feeling is unbeatable. I have been very successful online with FB ads, I consult with some major companies in Africa and even manage their ads, I have had great success with Affiliate marketing with Clickbank,Amazon Niche sites, but drop-shipping wasn't just working. But it has finally worked.

This is my newest store, but as many of you might notice, I am totally blown away by the results.
The store has gotten 60% of the sales from social, 30% from organic search(Even though I did not do any SEO on it...which even shocks me the most) and the rest from referrals.

I have run a maximum of $250 in ads only, and done a lot more of manual organic sharing and the like. I am planning on scaling the ads to say $200 a day.
Lessons learned, until your pixel is properly seasoned, organic traffic converts a lot better than FB. we were getting a 4.9% conversion before starting on FB traffic, and that number reduced to 1.8%

2-Follow the simple steps. a) Have the right mindset(Spend more time on products and marketing, than you spend on anything else; Don't give in, keep trying until you succeed)
b) Create a store and brand it
c)Pick a market/Niche and get at least 10 products day to it. If you do this consistently for a month, that will be 300 products! am sure a lot has already been said about product picking and selection, unless you need my own criteria, I will leave it at that,
d)Market Market Market Market....do everything, if you dont have money for facebook ads, you will pay with your time. Here is what my schedule looked like
-Youtube (Unlisted Method) for product review
-Twitter + IFTT
-FB Groups
-Email
-PPC
-SEO
-FB Ads and IG Shoutouts
-IFTT + Addmefast
-Pinterest

Hope this encourages you to not give up. I am doing this from Uganda, with all limitations available. So if I can, then you can!

Attachments

• from 0-9k in 17days.png
    from 0-9k in 17days.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 434

Don James

This case study is mainly to encourage those who might be thinking of giving up. After trying to do a store for months and failing, I hired someone to do them for me, non the less she succeeded. Understanding what I was doing wrong was the problem. But I kept at it until about 17 days ago when I broke the code.

having someone do something for you and it succeeds, doesn't make you feel so nice, getting something done yourself and it succeed, that feeling is unbeatable. I have been very successful online with FB ads, I consult with some major companies in Africa and even manage their ads, I have had great success with Affiliate marketing with Clickbank,Amazon Niche sites, but drop-shipping wasn't just working. But it has finally worked.

This is my newest store, but as many of you might notice, I am totally blown away by the results.
The store has gotten 60% of the sales from social, 30% from organic search(Even though I did not do any SEO on it...which even shocks me the most) and the rest from referrals.

I have run a maximum of $250 in ads only, and done a lot more of manual organic sharing and the like. I am planning on scaling the ads to say $200 a day.
Lessons learned, until your pixel is properly seasoned, organic traffic converts a lot better than FB. we were getting a 4.9% conversion before starting on FB traffic, and that number reduced to 1.8%

2-Follow the simple steps. a) Have the right mindset(Spend more time on products and marketing, than you spend on anything else; Don't give in, keep trying until you succeed)
b) Create a store and brand it
c)Pick a market/Niche and get at least 10 products day to it. If you do this consistently for a month, that will be 300 products! am sure a lot has already been said about product picking and selection, unless you need my own criteria, I will leave it at that,
d)Market Market Market Market....do everything, if you dont have money for facebook ads, you will pay with your time. Here is what my schedule looked like
-Youtube (Unlisted Method) for product review
-Twitter + IFTT
-FB Groups
-Email
-PPC
-SEO
-FB Ads and IG Shoutouts
-IFTT + Addmefast
-Pinterest

Hope this encourages you to not give up. I am doing this from Uganda, with all limitations available. So if I can, then you can!
Awesome, I just PM you

elfrost

Hello @dmickoh , thank you for your story

You said : $250 only in ads but how did you set the budget for the ads. I mean, for the entire store? for products? how many days did you run for the amount?

thx

Last edited:

dmickoh

Hi efrost, the $250 is just part of the story, if you read the post well, you'll discover that I did a lot of menial work as well.
I have run FB ads for close to 7 years now, I have my own way of approaching ads thats not conventional.

For example, for this particular store, I started from a low cost country that has great online shopping behaviors, then went on to create a look alike in a tier one country and flex targeted that audience, and I was getting clicks at $0.01-4max and about 1000-1500 a day in traffic. I only run the ad for about 10 of the 17 days, started at $10 a day split between 2 adsets, then increased to $15 a day, then $20 a day. etc...
Based on the organic traffic data, I could tell that there were about 7 products that were going to be winners, and I pushed those hard and thats where all the results have come from.

Last edited:

elfrost

Hi efrost, the $250 is just part of the story, if you read the post well, you'll discover that I did a lot of menial work as well.
I have run FB ads for close to 7 years now, I have my own way of approaching ads thats not conventional.

For example, for this particular store, I started from a low cost country that has great online shopping behaviors, then went on to create a look alike in a tier one country and flex targeted that audience, and I was getting clicks at $0.01-4max and about 1000-1500 a day in traffic. I only run the ad for about 10 of the 17 days, started at $10 a day split between 2 adsets, then increased to $15 a day, then $20 a day. etc...
Based on the organic traffic data, I could tell that there were about 7 products that were going to be winners, and I pushed those hard and thats where all the results have come from.
gotcha, thx for your reply.
would you willing to help me to start one?

artmelkon

Inspiring story! Thanks for sharing. I have one question as you have 7 years of experience under your belt and I am a newbie. What countries are chippiest to run the ad for and do you run them as PPE or WC.
Thank you in advance.
Arthur

nacho283

Hi, could you explain more about this? Are you saying you target to a low cost country? Or that you use your audience from that country to create similar audiences in other countries?

You are getting a very cheap CPC, I would love to know more about how you are doing that.

Imzsha

@dimi

I have couple of questions . How did you find a low cost country with buying intent? And what objective did you use for lookalike audience can you also share your campaign structure

Teno

Hi, could you explain more about this? Are you saying you target to a low cost country? Or that you use your audience from that country to create similar audiences in other countries?

You are getting a very cheap CPC, I would love to know more about how you are doing that.

My guess is he's focusing on a low cost country to test and see which products have potential, then target high cost countries to effectively sell, with similar settings (but minor tweaks).

dmickoh

@dimi

I have couple of questions . How did you find a low cost country with buying intent? And what objective did you use for lookalike audience can you also share your campaign structure
I don't remember where I actually got the list from, but I was browsing the internet and got this list from either inc.com or forbes, that tells you the top 30 or so countries that purchase the most online. It's where I focus my attention.
But I focus on low cost countries to test, then scale in tier 1 and 2 countries.

dmickoh

These are my stats as of yesterday, I have spent till now, only $250 on ads on FB. I have been holding on a bit before scaling, am in no rush, especially if I can make $1.5k - $2k a day without running ads. I have other money makers so am being patient.

last_7_days_store.png

kingpin

great stats and amazing ROI

i have seen the same thread of yours by you in another forum also.

you're doing great. All the best!

You should try alidropship plugin too For so many good reasons.

Is there results from cold audiences?

is it a niche store or a general store?

how many products do you have?

do you run conversion ads? what objective you select?

hope this thread be helpful to fellow members and hope they'll be getting value for Free here.

you said you're getting 30% sales from Organic searches even though you have done no SEO than later you said you're doing SEO too. Bit confused about this part.

I never got 30% sales from Organic searches right away with a new store. Been doing SEO since 2013, helped my local clients rank for certain buying keywords but that also takes time. Very curious to know about the SEO techniques you're using if using.

lots of success to you

regards!

dmickoh

great stats and amazing ROIi have seen the same thread of yours by you in another forum also.
you should try alidropship plugin too For so many good reasons.

I am not so good with optimizing wordpress sites, thats why I opted for shopify, but I will soon try the alidropship plugin, I found another website called alipartner, it even confused me. Is it the same as this one? Or someone duplicated this...

From cold audiences, I am getting a bit of good results, not the kind that would make me scream in joy, most traffic converting is from warm audiences and retargeting with a messenger bot.

This is a niche store

I have over 250 now, coz I told my guy to add 10 products a day.

Yes, I run conversions adds right out of the gate, I pick add to cart, and I optimize for link clicks, then from there, when I have gotten enough link clicks and add to carts, I go for impressions and purchases. until I have about 50 purchases, then I create a look a like audience, then go through the exact same steps.

As these ads are running, I have created a retargeting ad already both on the newsfeed, and also a bot that automatically messages them on FB

hope this thread be helpful to fellow members and hope they'll be getting value for Free here.
you said you're getting 30% sales from Organic searches even though you have done no SEO than later you said you're doing SEO too. Bit confused about this part.

Yes, when I started the store, I used a simple trick, get as many shares on the article I had gotten written doing a review of the top selling product. And it got shared about 4k times, thats what kickstarted the traffic. I just followed the techniques talked about by the 10beasts guy, and just applied to my niche. I am in electronics niche.

I never got 30% sales from Organic searches right away with a new store. Been doing SEO since 2013, helped my local clients rank for certain buying keywords but that also takes time. Very curious to know about the SEO techniques you're using if using.

lots of success to you

regards!

jubran

great stats and amazing ROIi have seen the same thread of yours by you in another forum also.
you should try alidropship plugin too For so many good reasons.

I am not so good with optimizing wordpress sites, thats why I opted for shopify, but I will soon try the alidropship plugin, I found another website called alipartner, it even confused me. Is it the same as this one? Or someone duplicated this...

From cold audiences, I am getting a bit of good results, not the kind that would make me scream in joy, most traffic converting is from warm audiences and retargeting with a messenger bot.

This is a niche store

I have over 250 now, coz I told my guy to add 10 products a day.

Yes, I run conversions adds right out of the gate, I pick add to cart, and I optimize for link clicks, then from there, when I have gotten enough link clicks and add to carts, I go for impressions and purchases. until I have about 50 purchases, then I create a look a like audience, then go through the exact same steps.

As these ads are running, I have created a retargeting ad already both on the newsfeed, and also a bot that automatically messages them on FB

Yes, when I started the store, I used a simple trick, get as many shares on the article I had gotten written doing a review of the top selling product. And it got shared about 4k times, thats what kickstarted the traffic. I just followed the techniques talked about by the 10beasts guy, and just applied to my niche. I am in electronics niche.

lots of success to you

regards!
Great information! Alipartner is another plugin by the same plugin author but alipartner is not a dropshipping plugin but a referral plugin. So you can import the products but when they hit buy, they are redirected to Aliexpress and if they buy you earn commission.