What are the most important plugins you're using for your woo store?

Direct Webstore

I am able to to put Title, Description and Keyword in Products using yoast. I haven't noticed it slowing down any of the sites I created either. Also creates a robot.txt file in a single click, sitemaps with a click, htaccess control and I don't think I would actually want description or keyword generation as I'd rather write rich, unique content/keywords. Honestly I think its just a matter of personal preference more than anything as they both seem to get the job done.

The main problem with YOAST is that it does not work with Woocommerce product descriptions without a paid addon. Which for an eCommerce site is a big minus. YOAST is designed for Blog sites. That's why I switched to it's number 1 competitor, Woo friendly, All in One SEO. There's really no better choice for an eCommerce site between it and Yoast. It also handles, site maps, robots.txt, htaccess, Open Graph tags, bad bots blocker and a couple of other goodies.

Keyword and description generation are based on the content of the article/product descriptions so are completley relevant and give a great time saving head start. It can also be disabled in the settings. But editing pre-existing content is way faster than writing from scratch.

Mrbb922

Why do you think you need a paid extension for yoast to recognize product descriptions? I use the free version of yoast and it clearly works with woocommerce product descriptions, in fact when you activate the plugin it asks you to setup according to woo. I don't know how long its been since you've use yoast, but at least the last year it has had these capabilities. Below is a yoast result from a product page, it has the capabilities to everything it would on a normal page. Screenshot (23).png

Direct Webstore

Last edited:

Mrbb922

Ahhh, yea that is the downside of Yoast is you need the paid extension to use more than 1 focus keyphrase. I haven't actually tried All in One, but I have heard good things about it as well from both reviews directly and most of the 'Yoast vs AllinOne' are pretty neck in neck (though I am sure each blogger is a paid affiliate of each). Blackhatworld has given praises to both plugins though and usually where I go to ask questions anyways lol.

Hmm. Not quite enough to stop me using All in One SEO, which has built in Woo support (unlike Yoast) ... and auto description and keyword generation, which can be edited but saves heaps of time from writing it all from scratch. Plus it's built in robots.txt, sitemaps, bad bots guard, htaccess control and Open Graph management ... it's a keeper for me. :)

... and no ads.

Is All in one SEO a free version or paid? Yoast has woo, but it is so expensive. UGH

I wonder on what kind of server your shop is hosted to load fast enough with so many (quite) useless plugins ?
Woocommerce is slow by nature, so adding many plugins is never a great idea it seems.

That is going to depend on how you cache your site. You can have a bit of well-coded plugin with caching and get your load time around 500-700ms. The plugins are not useless, the biggest problem I see with most is they use bloated, heavy themes. Instead, use themes like generate press or Astra Pro and customize. That keeps the base theme light and quick. Then use the plugins you need for your business and you load times will be fast.

That is going to depend on how you cache your site. You can have a bit of well-coded plugin with caching and get your load time around 500-700ms. The plugins are not useless, the biggest problem I see with most is they use bloated, heavy themes. Instead, use themes like generate press or Astra Pro and customize. That keeps the base theme light and quick. Then use the plugins you need for your business and you load times will be fast.

Wrong, I do not believe that anyone can run a Woocommerce store smoothly with all these plugins on a standard server, cache or not.

Direct Webstore

Since it was a plugin talk , Is it just me or woocommerce doesnt come with any FREE payment gateways ?
Of course it does. Have you ever actually installed Woo? Your'e prompted to install Paypal and Stripe as standard free plugins during the installation itself. And a simple 10 second Google search will reveal plenty of other free ones. Actually, MOST of the payment gateway plugins are free .

So yes ... "it's just you" :) I hope that "SEO Services" in your signature isn't run by you. lol

Direct Webstore

Your general knowledge and research skills seem pretty low ... and considering that, I wouldn't recommend anyone using your "SEO Services" lol ;)

And of course there are paid versions for lots of plugins. Those are the ones they promote ... for obvious reasons. PLEASE don't tell me you really DO run that SEO business. PLEASE! Really!

SwiftSEO

One thing i never understood, instead of help what is the really a point of disgrace . Your recommendation not required in regards to SEO business. Never used woocommerce , Am an opencart guy and running successful businesses on opencart. Aliplugin worked well for us so decided to give a go to alidrop ship just for fun.

Does some one really offers a SEO service from an incomplete website? Please stop acting like a 10 year old and grow up as i have been browsing forum and seen your childish comments everywhere.

Direct Webstore

It's just total amazement of such lack of basic knowledge. It's like a brain surgeon being unaware of how to put a band-aid on a cut finger. Being amazed and shocked at your lack of knowledge in this area considering your "business" and your apparent total inability to do a simple Google search is not acting like a 10 year old. It's an adult being amazed at the ineptness of a so called "professional". I also understand how embarrassing it would be for you. I also understand how labeling me a 10 year old is a normal childish response for someone in your position.

Rather than do that ... I suggest you start "learning". Considering your "profession", your ignorance really is quite disgraceful.

:)

kingpin

Since it was a plugin talk , Is it just me or woocommerce doesnt come with any FREE payment gateways ?

It comes with many free and paid ones.
When you install woo on your wordpress you'll be given two free payment gateway to use. PayPal and Stripe. Paid payment gateway plugins come with more features and enhanced experience.

Woocommerce is better than opencart

Regards!

landed

Yes I installed Stripe as I had some account issues with paypal but does anyone know why there are a lot of payment options for stripe when you go in what do they all mean. I have them set to default.

Stripe – Credit Card (Stripe) Default set as normal

others such as
Stripe SEPA Direct Debit
Stripe Bancontact – Bancontact

Would also like to know if people think conversions are better using the NON MODAL method with stripe. On mobile you get a new window..

SubVigil

Anyone using Klaviyo as a mail service?

I see Kingpin using Mailster. Does Mailster have any advantages over Klaviyo?

nardog03

Anyone using Klaviyo as a mail service?

I see Kingpin using Mailster. Does Mailster have any advantages over Klaviyo?
Mailster works with almost any stmp providers such as pepipost, mailgun etc. Klaviyvo is a stand alone stmp SAS company that you can use it's more popular on the Shopify platform because of the limited stmp services.